Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: FAU

Default Re: FAU

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I would initially agree with you, but FAU, with a great NET, was only a nine seed. They got hosed seeding wise.
    This is a fact. FAU should have been no lower than a three seed. They obviously have one of the best teams in the country & now have a chance to win it all. I will be pulling for FAU.

Yeah, that was amusing. The SBC is consistently a 12-16 seed…like that’s changing.

I always knew success was hard for a public non power program was harder to sustain, but after looking at the NCAA list of champions and runner ups, darn.

I’m not saying why try, we should. But my goodness, the deck has been stacked for decades. UTEP was an anomaly that politically at the time was untouchable. UNLV was in the doghouse for years. ..they hated Tark. USL, although not a finalist, got jacked with the death penalty. Memphis always on the edge of NCAA issues.

We should find a way to be the best we can be. The sooner Marlin’s new deal is done (or he retires) the better. The process can start. Even if he retires they’ll be some posters and posers here mad because they won’t like the choice.
    FAU is in Conference USA. That conference fares no better than the SBC in tournament rankings. They had a great season in and out of conference. It's not common by any means but we're certainly told year in and year out that we shouldn't expect better.

On a side note, we're always told that the game has changed so much and its a 3 point game but Miami just beat a damn good UT team without hitting a 3 in the last 9 minutes when they made their big run while Texas hit 10 for the game. This entire tournament has been down on 3 point shooting and the mid range and points in the paint have won games.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    FAU is not shy about changing coaches they've had three different basketball head coaches since 2011.

Still this year is only FAU's 2nd NCAA appearance.
    About to be 4

Could we have an all south Florida championship?

I would initially agree with you, but FAU, with a great NET, was only a nine seed. They got hosed seeding wise.
    Correct, especially going 5-1 in Quad 1 games. No reason they should have had that crappy of a seeding. All the more reason to suggest that if they can do it so can we.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Possible but not likely. UCONN is a freight train right now although I though UT was as well especially through the first 34 minutes of this game.

Free throw shooting has been big as well. Canes hit 28 of 32 today while Horns hit 11 of 15. I am sure Texas coaches will lament inability to get to line as a factor in outcome

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    But we don’t want to be that team. We don’t want to trade programs with FAU, George Mason, Loyola-Chicago, etc. Except for one flash in the pan year, these programs are all garbage. We’re better than them. They aren’t who we should aspire to be.
    Loyola-Chicago has been to a Final Four and the Sweet Sixteen in the last 5 years. We have been to 2 round of 64 games in 15 years. I think I would prefer what Loyola-Chicago did.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Loyola-Chicago has been to a Final Four and the Sweet Sixteen in the last 5 years. We have been to 2 round of 64 games in 15 years. I think I would prefer what Loyola-Chicago did.
    Sure, I would too. But once again, apples and oranges. A private university and one that doesn’t fund a FBS football program.

I put the research out there related to public, non power universities and the NCAA finals. Didn’t pull it out the air. FAU is a valid comparison…why did lightening in a bottle happen?

I’m never saying no we can’t, but I’m not ignorant of the mountain. It takes a commitment that few public universities our program’s size are willing to make.

Anyone questioning how Miami and FAU fared so well being based in the same general base? NIL fertile population.

Enjoy the moment, either FAU or SDSU will be doing something by being in the finals that has happened a handful of times in our lifetimes.

10. Default Re: FAU

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post
    Im looking at the folks looking in on this thread and there are still alot of you that I know. You may not want to admit that you know me though and thats okay. I wouldnt want to admit I know me either.

Z
    Not only do I know you, you were the first person I met from Ragin Pagin. An all around great man.

Anyone questioning how Miami and FAU fared so well being based in the same general base? NIL fertile population.

So, I guess the answer to leveling the playing field for the mid majors is N.I.L.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Yes.
    UConn has been an absolute buzz saw this tournament. Miami is difficult to guard and it will be interesting to see how Omier handles UConn’s bigs. San Diego state was impressive in person and I think their physical guards and size on the inside will cause problems for FAU. I think the owls’ best chance is to get out and run. They started dominating the Tennessee game when they got out in transition. Either way it will be nice to see a mid major play for a national championship. I like all 4 teams and I said on this board a few years back that Hurley would have UConn winning national championships again. Think this is their year.

U - hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    UConn has been an absolute buzz saw this tournament. Miami is difficult to guard and it will be interesting to see how Omier handles UConn’s bigs. San Diego state was impressive in person and I think their physical guards and size on the inside will cause problems for FAU. I think the owls’ best chance is to get out and run. They started dominating the Tennessee game when they got out in transition. Either way it will be nice to see a mid major play for a national championship. I like all 4 teams and I said on this board a few years back that Hurley would have UConn winning national championships again. Think this is their year.
    Have you seen FAU's twin towers? Their athleticism at guard is great. They just beat the best guard tandem in this tournament. Plus they have a guy who can drain the three at will. They keep him throttled, but he's got deep three range. FAU has the best combination of everything it takes to win this tournament. With only three losses, this team should have been seeded much higher than they were.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information