Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: SB G2 Final: Louisiana 4, App St. 0

Default Re: SB G2 Final: Louisiana 4, App St. 0

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I asked you the question and I respect your answers/opinions I don't think JMV was asking about one coach I feel he was asking about the program as a whole compared to Glasco. My opinion which means nothing to no one but me is that other than recruiting players we were the same or better. Developing players Glasco can't touch anyone that was a previous coach because no one ever recruited players that are supposedly at the level Glasco does. But we developed STARS that weren't just pitchers. But I do respect your perspective as you probably forgot more about softball than I will know in my lifetime. Thank you for your response.
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by du42 View Post
    We are playing 90 percent underclassmen every game. Our talented Soph class are all going thru the Soph slumps that are real. Their confidence has taken a blow. It’s something that they will have to battle thru and they will.
    I wasnt going to say this but that is true.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    I wasnt going to say this but that is true.
    Agree. From a hitting perspective, Langliers, Hayden, and Stormy jump to the front of the page as not producing on the same level as last year. I don't have the stats, just my opinion having watched most of the game this year. Piskos is coming on strong. Campbell is not a soph, but she isn't producing as much as last year. Just a thought, but maybe hitting against all of those elite pitchers early in the season hurt their confidence. We should see an uptick against the SBC teams....hope so!

Pitching....Landry and Lamb are both struggling to find consistency. But, Heath is pitching really well, which is good considering. I think Lamb's injury last fall is still holding her back to some degree.

I think the number of hit batters is due to Robe having them pitch inside more. Someone else mentioned this already, but it does stand to reason that a coach with baseball experience would be asking for this more often.

4. Default Re: SB G2 Final: Louisiana 4, App St. 0

I wasn't going to say this but that is true.
    So because the Cajuns are starting a bunch of sophomores and freshmen, it's understandable that they are going to play below their talent level? So what's the reason for programs with a starting roster comprised of seniors and 5th year players that play below their talent level? IMO, the Cajuns woes have nothing to do with starting a young roster. Campbell isn't committing errors because of youth. She is committing them because she is playing out of position. Glasco's constant revolving lineup has instilled zero confidence in his players. They never know what position they will be playing or if they will be playing at all. It is affecting their hitting because they are being moved in and out of the lineup. Like someone said in another post, maybe Glasco is trying to keep girls happy and out of the portal. So far this season, we have seen Hayden at LF, CF 3B, SS and I think 2B also. She has been moved up and down the order in the lineup. Others have had the same happen to them (i.e. Langliers, Kotzelnick, Piskos, etc.). Multiple positions, sitting out some games, being moved around in the batting order. This has to play on their psyche. So I don't buy "youth" being the reason for the up and down season. I blame Glasco's constant tinkering. He also tinkers too much with the pitching when he should leave it up to Justin. One last thing. I came to watch a fall ball inter-squad scrimmage. I sat by myself and stayed until the end. A gentleman came and sat down a few seats over by me during the scrimmage and we struck up a conversation. Turns out that he was the father of one of the players who saw a fair amount of time in 2022 but wasn't an everyday starter. We started talking about hitting and he told me that when the season starts, Glasco does not make any in-season adjustments with the hitters when they start to struggle. They are on their own to figure it out. He said Glasco told the girls he doesn't have time when the season starts to work with every one of them. This floored me when he told me this. The parent swore this was the truth. I am not saying it is fact nor am I saying it is fiction. I am just relaying what I was told. I would have figured with Glasco's reputation as a hitting guru, he would be working with the struggling hitters to work out their problems.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Agree. From a hitting perspective, Langliers, Hayden, and Stormy jump to the front of the page as not producing on the same level as last year. I don't have the stats, just my opinion having watched most of the game this year. Piskos is coming on strong. Campbell is not a soph, but she isn't producing as much as last year. Just a thought, but maybe hitting against all of those elite pitchers early in the season hurt their confidence. We should see an uptick against the SBC teams....hope so!

Pitching....Landry and Lamb are both struggling to find consistency. But, Heath is pitching really well, which is good considering. I think Lamb's injury last fall is still holding her back to some degree.

I think the number of hit batters is due to Robe having them pitch inside more. Someone else mentioned this already, but it does stand to reason that a coach with baseball experience would be asking for this more often.
    Lamb is not getting much playing time, but has pitched well. Lamb and Schorman both had injuries in the fall that kept them out.

Quote Originally Posted by SportyCajun459 View Post
    So because the Cajuns are starting a bunch of sophomores and freshmen, it's understandable that they are going to play below their talent level? So what's the reason for programs with a starting roster comprised of seniors and 5th year players that play below their talent level? IMO, the Cajuns woes have nothing to do with starting a young roster. Campbell isn't committing errors because of youth. She is committing them because she is playing out of position. Glasco's constant revolving lineup has instilled zero confidence in his players. They never know what position they will be playing or if they will be playing at all. It is affecting their hitting because they are being moved in and out of the lineup. Like someone said in another post, maybe Glasco is trying to keep girls happy and out of the portal. So far this season, we have seen Hayden at LF, CF 3B, SS and I think 2B also. She has been moved up and down the order in the lineup. Others have had the same happen to them (i.e. Langliers, Kotzelnick, Piskos, etc.). Multiple positions, sitting out some games, being moved around in the batting order. This has to play on their psyche. So I don't buy "youth" being the reason for the up and down season. I blame Glasco's constant tinkering. He also tinkers too much with the pitching when he should leave it up to Justin. One last thing. I came to watch a fall ball inter-squad scrimmage. I sat by myself and stayed until the end. A gentleman came and sat down a few seats over by me during the scrimmage and we struck up a conversation. Turns out that he was the father of one of the players who saw a fair amount of time in 2022 but wasn't an everyday starter. We started talking about hitting and he told me that when the season starts, Glasco does not make any in-season adjustments with the hitters when they start to struggle. They are on their own to figure it out. He said Glasco told the girls he doesn't have time when the season starts to work with every one of them. This floored me when he told me this. The parent swore this was the truth. I am not saying it is fact nor am I saying it is fiction. I am just relaying what I was told. I would have figured with Glasco's reputation as a hitting guru, he would be working with the struggling hitters to work out their problems.
    It is easy to know who you are talking about with this post. Don't believe everything folks tell you. Hayden hasn't played 2nd yet, although she could.

7. Default Re: SB G2 Final: Louisiana 4, App St. 0

Quote Originally Posted by SportyCajun459 View Post
    That’s pretty alarming

Popcorn time…

9. Default Re: SB G2 Final: Louisiana 4, App St. 0

James Madison will be coming for the jugular so let’s hope we have our schitt together by Friday. Three run-rules would be beautiful.

Speaking to of one of our players parents Saturday, were bewildered at all the changes in the lineup. Were concerned because their daughter was playing position she had not played since high school. Also not a fan that he was basically asking her to change her hitting style, strength being a gap hitter in high school. Also said we do not really practice hitting changeups. Realize they are parents, just relaying highlights on conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    James Madison will be coming for the jugular so let’s hope we have our schitt together by Friday. Three run-rules would be beautiful.
    Gonna be a salty series. Those guys haven't lost at home all season.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    Sat next to of one of our starters parents Saturday, were bewildered at all the changes in the lineup. Were concerned because their daughter was playing position she had not played since high school. Also not a fan that he was basically asking her to change her hitting style, strength being a gap hitter in high school. Also said we do not really practice hitting changeups. Realize they are parents, just relaying highlights on conversation.
    You might want to keep those conversations private. Also actual versus factual talk is usually different.

You might want to keep those conversations private. Also actual versus factual talk is usually different.
    While I absolutely agree with this point, this isn’t the first time somebody on this board has “insider” scoop from off the field.

If softball is going to be immune from such shenanigans, all sports should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    While I absolutely agree with this point, this isn’t the first time somebody on this board has “insider” scoop from off the field.

If softball is going to be immune from such shenanigans, all sports should be.
    All he had to say was I heard blah, blah, blah, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    James Madison will be coming for the jugular so let’s hope we have our schitt together by Friday. Three WINS would be beautiful.
    Fixed it for you

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information