Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: DH Game Thread vs USA

1. Default Re: DH Game Thread vs USA

Quote Originally Posted by LA CAJUNS View Post
    Yea you can tout early season meaningless SOS numbers all you want. What I’m referring to is the eye test and I’ve been following Cajuns Baseball for longer than you’ve been alive. This team is the best we’ve had in 7+ years in overall attack. Our pitching staff is talented, they will settle in. I’m just not a sky-falling guy. But whatever, you do you.
    Lol

Default Re: DH Game Thread vs USA

We scored over 40 runs in a 3 game series. Won 2 of the 3. Back in the day of pitching and defense we could win 2 out of 3 scoring 10-12 run. Let that sink in

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    John Taylor has to be on the field and in the lineup at all times
    I agree with this. He made a few plays look easy at 3rd tonight. Plus he has a stick. Dude should be in the lineup.

Whoa, I didn’t say I expected a 5-0 week. This is baseball. I make observations based on situation, opponent, and in game strategy.

All things considered, we should have been 5-0 this week. A good team doesn’t give up their milk money on Friday night. Sorry.
    I guess I should ask what your (and not just you, a bunch of posters here) expectations are?

Good teams lose games they shouldn’t every single week. Like you said, It’s baseball. There’s no “should have”. The Astros could play 5 games against the Pirates and A’s, and they would be thrilled with 4-1.

Coming into this weekend, this pitching staff had thrown 3 consecutive 2-hitters. And had done that 4 times in the last 8 days.

Outside of a select few programs, every college baseball team has games where their pitchers are terrible (actually, even the elite have this happen). Or they make costly errors. Or they don’t get runners in when they should.

What teams are we comparing this Cajuns team to? The Sun Belt teams? If so, the pitching has been much better than the vast majority of the rest.

The offense is good. The defense is also pretty good. Amongst peer teams, the pitching is also good.

This is a good college baseball team. Who knows what will happen from this point forward, but they are 18-7. And 5-1 in the 5th best conference in the country. I’ll also add that this team is averaging more runs per game than the insanely good 2014 team did. Granted there’s a long way to go, but nobody knows what the future holds.

They just went 4-1 this week and won a conference series on the road, with two of their best arms sidelined and swept a double header to do it after a devastating loss. That’s a very good thing.

I’ll ask again, who are we comparing this team to? And what are the expectations?

5. Default Re: DH Game Thread vs USA

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    I guess I should ask what your (and not just you, a bunch of posters here) expectations are?

Good teams lose games they shouldn’t every single week. Like you said, It’s baseball. There’s no “should have”. The Astros could play 5 games against the Pirates and A’s, and they would be thrilled with 4-1.

Coming into this weekend, this pitching staff had thrown 3 consecutive 2-hitters. And had done that 4 times in the last 8 days.

Outside of a select few programs, every college baseball team has games where their pitchers are terrible (actually, even the elite have this happen). Or they make costly errors. Or they don’t get runners in when they should.

What teams are we comparing this Cajuns team to? The Sun Belt teams? If so, the pitching has been much better than the vast majority of the rest.

The offense is good. The defense is also pretty good. Amongst peer teams, the pitching is also good.

This is a good college baseball team. Who knows what will happen from this point forward, but they are 18-7. And 5-1 in the 5th best conference in the country. I’ll also add that this team is averaging more runs per game than the insanely good 2014 team did. Granted there’s a long way to go, but nobody knows what the future holds.

They just went 4-1 this week and won a conference series on the road, with two of their best arms sidelined and swept a double header to do it after a devastating loss. That’s a very good thing.

I’ll ask again, who are we comparing this team to? And what are the expectations?
    My expectation is to beat inferior teams. We "2 hit" bad teams coming into this weekend. I also expect not to blow 5 run leads to teams that hit below .250 as a club. Or a team that can't beat anyone above their punching weight.

At least, if we fancy ourselves a postseason threat. IDK, thats just me. Too many years of good baseball has tainted me, I suppose.

6. Default Re: DH Game Thread vs USA

Thank God someone with some common sense. “But but but, SOS!”

You put into words nearly EXACTLY what’s been going through my head. There’s a ton to like about this team! I just don’t get the complaining acting like we’re 7-18. Some here don’t remember how rough we started last year. I’m looking at the positives and how Deggs finally has his offense he’s been formulating for 3 years. We finally have the dudes we need. It’s all coming together. I take it as a major positive that we’re 18-7 and 5-1 and not even playing our best yet.

MAT, sorry I took it out on you, I know you’re just one of the posters with negative comments, albeit a vocal one. I’m just trying to shed some positivity around here. Hell, look at my own posts from last night’s loss, I was ____ed too. But looking at the overall picture, I really like this team.

Nothing I’ve said was meant to be taken personal, I’m just looking on the bright side. We can win 35+ with this offense alone, and if our pitching settles in, much like they did for the 4 game stretch before Friday, we can win 40+. I expect this Cajuns team to make noise in a regional and potentially a super and the rest is lagniappe. We can get there, and we will.

7. Default Re: DH Game Thread vs USA

Lol ok

We dropped more rpi spots winning 2 than we did losing 1….south al gained more spots losing 2 than winning 1…RPI!

9. Default Re: DH Game Thread vs USA

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    We dropped more rpi spots winning 2 than we did losing 1….south al gained more spots losing 2 than winning 1…RPI!
    Warrennolan hasn’t updated the 2nd win yet.

10. Default Re: DH Game Thread vs USA

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    They won’t win 10 games in conference this year

Quote Originally Posted by LA CAJUNS View Post
    Thank God someone with some common sense. “But but but, SOS!”

You put into words nearly EXACTLY what’s been going through my head. There’s a ton to like about this team! I just don’t get the complaining acting like we’re 7-18. Some here don’t remember how rough we started last year. I’m looking at the positives and how Deggs finally has his offense he’s been formulating for 3 years. We finally have the dudes we need. It’s all coming together. I take it as a major positive that we’re 18-7 and 5-1 and not even playing our best yet.

MAT, sorry I took it out on you, I know you’re just one of the posters with negative comments, albeit a vocal one. I’m just trying to shed some positivity around here. Hell, look at my own posts from last night’s loss, I was ____ed too. But looking at the overall picture, I really like this team.

Nothing I’ve said was meant to be taken personal, I’m just looking on the bright side. We can win 35+ with this offense alone, and if our pitching settles in, much like they did for the 4 game stretch before Friday, we can win 40+. I expect this Cajuns team to make noise in a regional and potentially a super and the rest is lagniappe. We can get there, and we will.
    Some positive things.

Julien Brock is among the best catchers UL has ever had. And yes, that includes multiple guys that have had decade long MLB careers.

Carson Roccoforte, while not on the level (yet) that he was last year, is one of the best players that has ever played here.

Heath Hood is a Nathan Nelson clone, just as an outfielder.

Kyle Debarge may be the best SS that’s ever played here by the time he’s done. And there have been some REALLY good ones.

There are DUDES on this team.

Granted there is no true stud Friday night guy. And the staff, as a whole, struggles at times, but this staff’s “stuff” is absolutely legit. When healthy, there is as much quality depth on this staff than there has been in quite a while.

Hopefully some take a step back from every negative e thing they can possibly think of, and realize the positive.

Last years team ended the season in a regional. This years team is better. Where they will end up remains to be seen, but this is a better Cajun team than last years.

I agree with this. We have done alot of good things. We are happy we had a 4-1 week. Still doesnt make blowing a 5 run lead acceptable. We dont need to compare ourselves to anyone other than what the standard is here.

13. Default Re: DH Game Thread vs USA

At this point, I’ve had too many beverages to intelligently comment.. But, bringing up Nate Nelson is heresy.

Hoodie is our best player right now but let’s let it ride for a bit.

Some positive things.

Julien Brock is among the best catchers UL has ever had. And yes, that includes multiple guys that have had decade long MLB careers.

Carson Roccoforte, while not on the level (yet) that he was last year, is one of the best players that has ever played here.

Heath Hood is a Nathan Nelson clone, just as an outfielder.

Kyle Debarge may be the best SS that’s ever played here by the time he’s done. And there have been some REALLY good ones.

There are DUDES on this team.

Granted there is no true stud Friday night guy. And the staff, as a whole, struggles at times, but this staff’s “stuff” is absolutely legit. When healthy, there is as much quality depth on this staff than there has been in quite a while.

Hopefully some take a step back from every negative e thing they can possibly think of, and realize the positive.

Last years team ended the season in a regional. This years team is better. Where they will end up remains to be seen, but this is a better Cajun team than last years.
    None of the first half of this post is true, lol.

They won’t win 10 games in conference this year
    And they still won’t finish with a 200 plus rpi simply bc who they will play, southern miss, Troy, Texas state and CCU. Regardless of what they do against those teams.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information