Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Wtf is up with Rocco?
    I think teams are just circling him.

Default Re: Cajuns vs South Al Game 1

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I think teams are just circling him.
    My thought as well but he still looks lost

3. Default Re: Cajuns vs South Al Game 1

My unprofessional take on Rocco is that he’s been rolling over trying to pull everything he sees. As soon as he starts taking what they’re giving him and hitting to the left side of the field, he will start lighting it up again.

Seriously, go watch all of his at bats from the last 6-7 games, if it’s not a shot to RF, it’s a weak grounder up the middle or strikeout. I want so bad to see him go the other way with his swing, he should be lighting up the LC gap.

We are Hood, DeBo and Brock away from being a below average baseball team at this point.
    I would add Ben Robe to the list. That kid is solid at the plate. I gave no idea if he can play defense tho. Zambo is not far behind. Four all conf type players is pretty good. Hopefully Rocco gets going.

5. Default Re: Cajuns vs South Al Game 1

Quote Originally Posted by LA CAJUNS View Post
    My unprofessional take on Rocco is that he’s been rolling over trying to pull everything he sees. As soon as he starts taking what they’re giving him and hitting to the left side of the field, he will start lighting it up again.

Seriously, go watch all of his at bats from the last 6-7 games, if it’s not a shot to RF, it’s a weak grounder up the middle or strikeout. I want so bad to see him go the other way with his swing, he should be lighting up the LC gap.
    Agree with that, but I think it’s something other than him trying to pull. He’s too smart and complete of a hitter. I wonder if his wrists are fully back healthy. He’s had several quality ABs the last couple weeks but still has those head scratching ABs where he’s waving at pitches out of the zone. It’s weird.

6. Default Re: Cajuns vs South Al Game 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    I would add Ben Robe to the list. That kid is solid at the plate. I gave no idea if he can play defense tho. Zambo is not far behind. Four all conf type players is pretty good.
    Point being, we need Hoodie and co. to hit .400 because the pitching and defense is just not good enough right now.

Point being, we need Hoodie and co. to hit .400 because the pitching and defense is just not good enough right now.
    Yes. Offense will need to carry the team. Not what we are used to, but we need to bludgeon teams to win, like last week.

So Zambo was starting to tear it up then got injured for a few games. he comes back as a late inning defensive replacement, then only gets in the game against RH pitching. Confusing.

As far as Rocco, his swing is so unique its almost terrible. Reminds me of an Icherio one handed bat wave. His hand eye coordination is incredible no doubt. But he swings so different.
    Viellon had a better game tonight but that massive swing produces a ton of swing and misses. Hey swing in case u hit it.
    Marusak still cant find it. Hes got a better chance of bunting it to the pitcher and trying to beat it out than he does getting a hit.

All the stolen bags and chaos on bases has covered up alot of things up to this point. Team batting average was about .280 last i checked. One would think with the amount of runs we score it would be better

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    So Zambo was starting to tear it up then got injured for a few games. he comes back as a late inning defensive replacement, then only gets in the game against RH pitching. Confusing.

As far as Rocco, his swing is so unique its almost terrible. Reminds me of an Icherio one handed bat wave. His hand eye coordination is incredible no doubt. But he swings so different.
    Viellon had a better game tonight but that massive swing produces a ton of swing and misses. Hey swing in case u hit it.
    Marusak still cant find it. Hes got a better chance of bunting it to the pitcher and trying to beat it out than he does getting a hit.

All the stolen bags and chaos on bases has covered up alot of things up to this point. Team batting average was about .280 last i checked. One would think with the amount of runs we score it would be better
    Batting average is closer to .300 than .280 for the team. Even with 11 runs tonight, there was a lot of meat left on the bone.

This one was a brutal loss. There’s no sugarcoating it. It hurts in the conference standings, it’ll hurt in the RPI down the road, but mainly, losing a game when you score 11 runs is just brutal.

The pitchers struggled big time tonight.

My opinion…Jake was left in a little long, although I get it. Hoping for innings in certain situations is a real thing. And then the same for Christie, which is a shame, as he had a nice outing going until running out of gas. I could see it happening, and I’m sure the staff could too, but again, trying to milk innings after 2 midweek games and a DH tomorrow.

I do question having Ethridge and Tate ready, and then rushing Marshall into the game. Again, I get it, due to results to this point, but you have to know that you will need everyone out there this weekend. That was a spot to give one of them a shot to get it done. I also see the point in giving everything you have to try to win this one.

It didn’t work. And that will bring questions.

The good news is, S. Al also sold out to win tonight. The rest of the weekend will be all about swinging the bat and playing defense. Hopefully Nezuh can have another good outing tomorrow. Winning 2 of 3 in a road conference series is still there for the taking. And if that happens, it’s an excellent weekend.

Flush this one and get after them tomorrow

Le sigh.

Default Re: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 11, South AL 12

1 ball 2 strike count with 2 outs produced a triple off the wall scoring 2 runs. If we finish that one hitter off we are not talking about the same kinda results at the end of the game.

Not many college batters will hit .400

That stung last night.

If we’re being honest, they’ve been flirting with disaster to close out ball games recently. Needed double plays with 2 runners on in the 9th to beat average High Point and bad stAte.

Didn’t Max have to make a spectacular play on Saturday against BYU with runners on in the 9th?

14. Default Re: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 11, South AL 12

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    1 ball 2 strike count with 2 outs produced a triple off the wall scoring 2 runs. If we finish that one hitter off we are not talking about the same kinda results at the end of the game.
    I can make this exact same argument in reverse for about 6 of our wins.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    That stung last night.

If we’re being honest, they’ve been flirting with disaster to close out ball games recently. Needed double plays with 2 runners on in the 9th to beat average High Point and bad stAte.

Didn’t Max have to make a spectacular play on Saturday against BYU with runners on in the 9th?
    Flirting with disater... Even the great Molly Hatchet couldn't said it better. For ya ll younger folks google it

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information