Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11

Thread: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 11, South AL 12

1. Default Re: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 11, South AL 12

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    You don’t, we are 1/3 through the season…their RPI will not be anywhere close to where it is now at the end.
    Maybe not. But they are bad. Strongly doubt they’re a top 150 RPI team before seasons end.

Default Re: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 11, South AL 12

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Maybe not. But they are bad. Strongly doubt they’re a top 150 RPI team before seasons end.
    Minimize the damage, sweep the double header and get the fk outta mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    You don’t, we are 1/3 through the season…their RPI will not be anywhere close to where it is now at the end.
    In my opinion it will not improve much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Minimize the damage, sweep the double header and get the fk outta mobile.
    That sounds like a plan.

It will improve simply for the same reason the bottom teams in the SEC finish with good RPI’s. They are still South Al, they have players and a good coach. We got swept out opening conference series last year too. These early RPI numbers are skewed. The loss stings bc we shouldn’t have lost but at the end, when we look back it won’t be to a team with an RPI of 222. Win the series and go 4-1 for the week and it will be ok.

Unacceptable to put up 11 runs in a damn loss! We better nut up today and sweep!

Default Re: Cajuns vs South Al Game 1

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    It is. But even better result when you sweep a team that you should sweep. Anything less than a sweep this weekend is a disappointment. Huge rpi hit.
    I was hoping USA would get it together down the road and resemble their former selves. Then I watched them play.

This is baseball JMV. No one ‘expects’ to do on the road and sweep. Players might, and they should. But coaches and people who follow the game know better. Those odds are minuscule. Even against bad teams.
    I agree with about 99% of what MAT posts and I am a big fan of his work on RR and the time and energy he puts into promoting the Cajuns. However on this post I will respectfully have to disagree. Maybe the baseball and softball team have different expectations and standards. I can tell you ever single time the softball team plays a conference road series the expectations from the coaches, players, staff members and fans is to get a sweep and anything less is a disappointment. The Cajuns won the series 2/3 today and I promise you every single Cajun coach, player, staff member, and fan was disappointed. On another note if I am Maggard and your a coach of a program and you coach to win 2/3 on the road or at home then you wouldn't coach for me. The standard has to be the standard. Expect and coach to win every game. It is a mindset mentality that everyone needs to by into.

I agree with about 99% of what MAT posts and I am a big fan of his work on RR and the time and energy he puts into promoting the Cajuns. However on this post I will respectfully have to disagree. Maybe the baseball and softball team have different expectations and standards. I can tell you ever single time the softball team plays a conference road series the expectations from the coaches, players, staff members and fans is to get a sweep and anything less is a disappointment. The Cajuns won the series 2/3 today and I promise you every single Cajun coach, player, staff member, and fan was disappointed. On another note if I am Maggard and your a coach of a program and you coach to win 2/3 on the road or at home then you wouldn't coach for me. The standard has to be the standard. Expect and coach to win every game. It is a mindset mentality that everyone needs to by into.
    But fans on RP mostly treat baseball and softball different. Baseball, if a player messes up it may get posted here. Softball, good possibility someone will defend them to the death. Not saying it’s a bad thing, but the SB cult has healed from the ML split.

LOL! What the softball team does, or expects to do literally has nothing to do with baseball!

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    LOL! What the softball team does, or expects to do literally has nothing to do with baseball!
    Apparently you missed the part where I said the standard has to be the standard. Are you suggesting that each sports program at UL should have different standards?

Apparently you missed the part where I said the standard has to be the standard. Are you suggesting that each sports program at UL should have different standards?
    Are you suggesting they shouldn’t?

Softballs standard is competing for Super Regionals. That’s an expectation of being a top 16 team in the country year in and year out.

Football had an amazing peak a couple years ago. Anyone with a brain knows that’s not going to happen on a yearly basis. It’s not the standard.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Are you suggesting they shouldn’t?

Softballs standard is competing for Super Regionals. That’s an expectation of being a top 16 team in the country year in and year out.

Football had an amazing peak a couple years ago. Anyone with a brain knows that’s not going to happen on a yearly basis. It’s not the standard.
    The MINIMUM standard at UL is that EVERY sport should be competing for conference championships.

The softball program is not a top 16 team year in and year out.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11

Thread Information