Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Alright, let's have the talk: Correcting Recruits on the Name

Default Re: Alright, let's have the talk: Correcting Recruits on the Name

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    There in lies the problem. The brand is Louisiana, not UL. We all need to move away from UL. These Tweets all say University of Louisiana or University of Louisiana-Lafayette. We all need to embrace literally saying Louisiana around town and in public. We need to drop UL from caps and simply have an L. We need to move from the stacked Ragin’ Cajun logo and go to a classy L.
    This is general issue as most recruits put a thank you out to the University of XXXXXX, whether it is correct or not. I have seen University of Tulane, I have seen University of Oklahoma (which is technically correct, but their brand is OU, not UoO), University of Auburn and finally the University of Florida State.

Yes, it is an annoyance, but the truth of the matter is they don't care about a university's branding when they tweet, they care about saying look at me and what I got.

2. Default Re: Alright, let's have the talk: Correcting Recruits on the Name

Well it doesn’t help that lsu is now trying to use Louisiana…… like their Louisiana Geaux nation show… no doubt a direct on their part trying to take away our use of Louisiana… also the thumb/index finger L use…. Gotta hare those guys ! Stealing our culture and name!

3. Default Re: Alright, let's have the talk: Correcting Recruits on the Name

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Well it doesn’t help that lsu is now trying to use Louisiana…… like their Louisiana Geaux nation show… no doubt a direct on their part trying to take away our use of Louisiana… also the thumb/index finger L use…. Gotta hare those guys ! Stealing our culture and name!
    They are just watering down their already strong brand.

"When you are scared of a shadow, you will trip over many things."

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    There in lies the problem. The brand is Louisiana, not UL. We all need to move away from UL. These Tweets all say University of Louisiana or University of Louisiana-Lafayette. We all need to embrace literally saying Louisiana around town and in public. We need to drop UL from caps and simply have an L. We need to move from the stacked Ragin’ Cajun logo and go to a classy L.
    Hey I gave them away out, even showed a classy L they can use. Everything Louisiana, L, or FDL, not UL.

We are UL and Louisiana! No need to change our athletic branding, but find ways to strengthen it rather than water it down. We are the stacked Ragin’ Cajuns. L could get confused with Louisiana or Lafayette, but we are UL proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    They are just watering down their already strong brand.

"When you are scared of a shadow, you will trip over many things."
    Facts

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    We are UL and Louisiana! No need to change our athletic branding, but find ways to strengthen it rather than water it down. We are the stacked Ragin’ Cajuns. L could get confused with Louisiana or Lafayette, but we are UL proud!
    I respectfully disagree. It’s a marathon not a sprint. The confusion will be short lived and even shorter when the scoreboard reads Louisiana.

Personally, the stacked Ragin’ Cajuns logo looks a tad amateur or minor league. I fully believe we need to move to a classic vermilion and white L.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I would hope the Orientation people would be on top of this.
    When pigs fly. Seen video, they collectively can’t agree if the sun is shining or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Let Louisiana replace Lafayette.

Don't correct them, steer them.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    When pigs fly. Seen video, they collectively can’t agree if the sun is shining or not.
    Orientation in the mid 70s was a great way to meet that new crop of chicas

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Orientation in the mid 70s was a great way to meet that new crop of chicas
    So was the Pub!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginReview View Post
    We've seen people correcting recruits on the name. These players (teenagers) are tweeting out interest, visits and commitments using the names most of us don't like.

What is the correct way to handle this?

Ragin Review's official stance: Get them into the fold and educate them on the name once they're enrolled. It's a bad look to correct prospectus recruits publicly on a name battle that they're unfamiliar with.
    grown men sending public messages to high school athletes is creepy i say that as a old geezer myself. whats worse is the men using unsocial media to contact high school female athletes. pedophile behavior. what do your wives think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginReview View Post
    We've seen people correcting recruits on the name. These players (teenagers) are tweeting out interest, visits and commitments using the names most of us don't like.

What is the correct way to handle this?

Ragin Review's official stance: Get them into the fold and educate them on the name once they're enrolled. It's a bad look to correct prospectus recruits publicly on a name battle that they're unfamiliar with.
    Very nice way of doing it. Just comment something simple like I hope you enjoyed your visits at UL. Geaux Cajuns. Or welcome to Louisiana. Geaux Cajuns. They will catch on.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Right. Louisiana. Not University of Louisiana. I saw some corrections that said "It's the University of Louisiana." That's not correct and further confuses them.
    If we can call ourselves Louisiana athletically, we can call ourselves Louisiana academically. Do that and the confusion goes away. Dr. S just needs to do it. And, I fully agree on moving to an "L" and modernizing the Ragin Cajuns logo.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    If we can call ourselves Louisiana athletically, we can call ourselves Louisiana academically. Do that and the confusion goes away. Dr. S just needs to do it. And, I fully agree on moving to an "L" and modernizing the Ragin Cajuns logo.
    And, the Advocate does us no favors with UL Lafayette plastered all over their digital website. The menu and opening of each article says UL Lafayette. That needs to change. They might use UL and Louisiana in their articles, but there is no consistency and that contributes to this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information