Thread: Louisiana, South Alabama Renew Diamond Rivalry

1. UL Baseball Louisiana, South Alabama Renew Diamond Rivalry

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Baseball team hits the road for its first weekend trip away from home since the beginning of the 2023 season when it opens a three-game Sun Belt Conference series on Friday against rival South Alabama at Stanky Field.

Default Re: Louisiana, South Alabama Renew Diamond Rivalry

Article says Nezuh will start game 1 Saturday, game 2 is TBA. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    Article says Nezuh will start game 1 Saturday, game 2 is TBA. Interesting.
    Currently scheduled for 30 minutes after the conclusion of game 1 Saturday so I guess technically it is TBA.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Currently scheduled for 30 minutes after the conclusion of game 1 Saturday so I guess technically it is TBA.
    I believe he is speaking of the Cajuns' starting pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I believe he is speaking of the Cajuns' starting pitcher.
    Oops. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Oops. My bad.
    Yes. The "Brendan Moody still pitches every Wednesday but has been a reliable weekend starter" controversy. We'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    Yes. The "Brendan Moody still pitches every Wednesday but has been a reliable weekend starter" controversy. We'll see how it goes.
    I think by moving the game to Saturday, we may not see what Coach Deggs was hoping to happen. Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I think by moving the game to Saturday, we may not see what Coach Deggs was hoping to happen. Only time will tell.
    THis is correct. Moving the game up to Saturday will challenge the pitching, especially the guys who threw on Wednesday.

Is it really that difficult to throw 27 pitches on a Wednesday and then start a game on Saturday?

And Fluno pitched one inning Wednesday and threw 19. That shouldn’t have any affect on his availability this weekend.

I would guess Ray (40 pitches) and Rawls (45) may not pitch, depending on their personal recovery rates, but Robe used to say that he wanted his pitchers to have one hour of rest for each pitch thrown. Going by that, either of them, or both, should be available Saturday if needed.

10. Default Re: Louisiana, South Alabama Renew Diamond Rivalry

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Is it really that difficult to throw 27 pitches on a Wednesday and then start a game on Saturday?

And Fluno pitched one inning Wednesday. That shouldn’t have any affect on his availability this weekend.

I would guess Ray and Rawls probably won’t pitch but Robe used to say that he wanted his pitchers to have one hour of rest for each pitch thrown. Going by that, maybe either of them could give something in game 3 Saturday evening if needed.
    Still have a suspicion that you see Sam Hill in game 3...

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Still have a suspicion that you see Sam Hill in game 3...
    Judging by some of Deggs’ comments, you may be right. He seems to really like having Moody available out of the pen.

May start to see him throw out of the pen during weekday games and then (if needed) Friday or Saturday. And if he hasn’t been used on Friday or Saturday, start on Sundays with Hill as the Sunday guy if Moody has been used.

It would be nice if McGehee was healthy to start a game each week. That would allow Moody to be a full time pen guy, assuming Hill becomes a consistent starting option.

12. Default Re: Louisiana, South Alabama Renew Diamond Rivalry

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Judging by some of Deggs’ comments, you may be right. He seems to really like having Moody available out of the pen.

May start to see him throw out of the pen during weekday games and then (if needed) Friday or Saturday. And if he hasn’t been used on Friday or Saturday, start on Sundays with Hill as the Sunday guy if Moody has been used.

It would be nice if McGehee was healthy to start a game each week. That would allow Moody to be a full time pen guy, assuming Hill becomes a consistent starting option.
    May be moving Mood into the role Theut was slated for. But I just think Moody is too good to serve in spot duty. I like him in the rotation. Agree a healthy McGehee changes things. A consistent Ben Tate would also clear some things up...

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    May be moving Mood into the role Theut was slated for. But I just think Moody is too good to serve in spot duty. I like him in the rotation. Agree a healthy McGehee changes things. A consistent Ben Tate would also clear some things up...
    100% agree with all of this

Thread Information