Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Themus The PG / Transfer Portal

Default Re: Themus The PG / Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Ok, ok, I’ll play.

Ready? Here we go:

The obvious answer is that we need more movement after penetration in order to be able to finish.

I think if you can get more movement after penetraton both parties are happy.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    That’s Exactly my point that you can’t seem to grasp, it’s been going on forever..,you only know about it now bc of the portal. Athletes have been trying to transfer and get paid in the offseason forever, it’s just above the table now. Many of these loyal athletes weren’t Loyal, they just couldn’t/didn’t secure better options. The portal isn’t the problem, it’s a database..a spread sheet. The no sit rule is what drives all this.
    Name 2 or 3 players. I am still waiting. Now you are crawfishing.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Name 2 or 3 players. I am still waiting. Now you are crawfishing.
    You just aren’t intelligent enough to follow. You don’t think an athlete here ever wanted to transfer but ended up staying before 2 years ago? you really think that?

4. Default Re: Themus The PG / Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I think if you can get more movement after penetraton both parties are happy.
    Chooooooo

You just aren’t intelligent enough to follow. You don’t think an athlete here ever wanted to transfer but ended up staying before 2 years ago? you really think that?
    I asked you if you would take back kids who entered the portal. YOU said I would and we do all the time and have for years. So go ahead and name 2 or 3 players that has entered the portal like YOU said and the Cajuns then took them back. We never said anything about an athlete wanting to transfer but ended up staying. Please provide a few examples of YOUR statement saying we do have kids entering the portal all the time and have for years taken them back. Me and the board will wait for 2 or 3 names.

I asked you if you would take back kids who entered the portal. YOU said I would and we do all the time and have for years. So go ahead and name 2 or 3 players that has entered the portal like YOU said and the Cajuns then took them back. We never said anything about an athlete wanting to transfer but ended up staying. Please provide a few examples of YOUR statement saying we do have kids entering the portal all the time and have for years taken them back. Me and the board will wait for 2 or 3 names.
    I said we have for years, you just didn’t know about it. Athletes have wanted to leave and end up staying here has been happening forever. It’s just public now instead of in house and clearly it’s working for all the drama queens who are infatuated with the portal. Fulks isn’t doing anything different than hundreds of previous athletes, it’s just publicly known

7. Default Re: Themus The PG / Transfer Portal

I said we have for years, you just didn’t know about it. Athletes have wanted to leave and end up staying here has been happening forever. It’s just public now instead of in house and clearly it’s working for all the drama queens who are infatuated with the portal. Fulks isn’t doing anything different than hundreds of previous athletes, it’s just publicly known
    In full agreement with everything you've said to this point. Real question to me is, does the fact that this process is playing out publicly change the dynamic? I think it does.

8. Default Re: Themus The PG / Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

You’ll know it’s over when college kids get paid more than minor league base pay.
    For a sport that was already broken with early departures, this could keep players in school a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    In full agreement with everything you've said to this point. Real question to me is, does the fact that this process is playing out publicly change the dynamic? I think it does.
    Absolutely it does, which goes back to my point that it’s been made a business and Fans take it personal.

10. Default Re: Themus The PG / Transfer Portal

Absolutely it does, which goes back to my point that it’s been made a business and Fans take it personal.
    It really does suck because it probably hurts the sport but helps the individual tremendously. And its WAY past due.

This is why I try not to get too upset by it.

Some folks on the board believe he should be able to test the waters and use UL as a fall back plan. SMH
    I believe any player that has the juice, can get whatever they want, be it here or somewhere else. It's hard for some, when the realization that players hold the cards of control, albeit if they have the talent/experience to demand it. Pro level, now college level. yes, many players that are not top of the list for each team will get trammeled in this new system, but time for everyone to accept the change and support the Team. dont matter who wears the jersey. its all about Louisiana. if fans just focus on Louisiana, you might find more players want to be here. works for baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    For a sport that was already broken with early departures, this could keep players in school a little longer.
    Yes, but that’s the issue. Deep pockets rule the day, always follow the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    I believe any player that has the juice, can get whatever they want, be it here or somewhere else. It's hard for some, when the realization that players hold the cards of control, albeit if they have the talent/experience to demand it. Pro level, now college level. yes, many players that are not top of the list for each team will get trammeled in this new system, but time for everyone to accept the change and support the Team. dont matter who wears the jersey. its all about Louisiana. if fans just focus on Louisiana, you might find more players want to be here. works for baseball.
    Not sure why it’s hard for grown men to understand and accept what is happening. I would say it’s surprising but it’s not with a few of the posters on here. When someone is good at their job, people take notice. Other opportunities present themselves. People take job interviews all the time while employed. This is no different. The game has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Not sure why it’s hard for grown men to understand and accept what is happening. I would say it’s surprising but it’s not with a few of the posters on here. When someone is good at their job, people take notice. Other opportunities present themselves. People take job interviews all the time while employed. This is no different. The game has changed.
    Would you take back a player that has entered the portal and changed their mind? Yes or No?

If you owned a business and one of your workers gave a notice to quit and then a day before their last day they told you they decided to stay would you keep them? Yes or no?

No explanation is needed just a yes or no to both questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I will share a good example. I'll try and keep this short. I'm a master jeweler. Been in this business for 29 years come June of this year. I've been the bench jeweler for a local Lafayette jewelry store for the last 4 years. 2 weeks ago, I signed paperwork to purchase another jewelery business. I went in to inform the owner of this and that I would be leaving. She was sad and asked if there was anything she could do to get me to stay. There wasn't, of course, because this was a huge opportunity for me. Keep in mind, I would now be in direct competition with them. She didn't get mad or upset. She looked across the desk, thanked me for all I had done for them and said, " you know what James? At the end of the day, I always ask God to bless me with the best opportunities, so how can I get upset for God blessing you with one?"

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information