Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Themus The PG / Transfer Portal

Default Re: 23-24 Hoops

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    100%. As a casual MBB fan that dialed in and bought in as the season progressed...to then find out the starting PG is in the transfer portal. How are you going to get fans to buy in when players are trying to buy out?
    Maybe for the name on the front of the jersey and not the back.

I want to see players develop as Cajuns, but ultimately, I go to watch the Cajuns play (and even more excited when we play a team with a national brand on their chest). Yes I'm more excited to watch us play Minnesota or Michigan State or Tennessee than I am to watch us play Akron, Jackson State, or Northern Illinois

Default Re: Themus The PG / Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    We were going to have to find a better Point Guard anyway. Fulks plays hard but he has a bad habit of penetrating and not finishing. Ok I've set yall up.
    Ok, ok, I’ll play.

Ready? Here we go:

The obvious answer is that we need more movement after penetration in order to be able to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    We were going to have to find a better Point Guard anyway. Fulks plays hard but he has a bad habit of penetrating and not finishing. Ok I've set yall up.
    Name:  a98de5c6-b90e-4d37-b529-ac892e23e175_text.gif
Views: 356
Size:  573.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    They all do, you just don't know about it. Your idea of these players loyalty is a myth in your own mind. In fact, I think those completely loyal kids are in the extreme minority.
    Saying they all do just isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Saying they all do just isn't true.
    Weird how the good ones enter the portal and have landing spots within days sometime hours huh? Like you up and move across the country to a place/school you never visited, strange. Kind of like the deal is done before the portal announcement. Deal falls through, you don’t enter the portal. Like when a coach turns down a job or has no interest in said job but that job was never offered.

Weird how the good ones enter the portal and have landing spots within days sometime hours huh? Like you up and move across the country to a place/school you never visited, strange. Kind of like the deal is done before the portal announcement. Deal falls through, you don’t enter the portal. Like when a coach turns down a job or has no interest in said job but that job was never offered.
    Weird how you change the subject. Nobody is talking about any of this. The conversation was if you would take someone back who entered the portal.

Weird how you change the subject. Nobody is talking about any of this. The conversation was if you would take someone back who entered the portal.
    I would, and we do all the time and have for years. These players know what their teammates are doing, the fans don't. The majority of these kids are always weighing their options and would jump for a better one if offered.

8. Default Re: Themus The PG / Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    What does that tell you, that ULM didn't think Marlin was out of their league to hire, and that Marlin felt the same about ULM. Let's play a game. If Marlin would be let go from UL today, does he get a job at a higher or lower profile school?
    It wasn’t ULM. But it was in state.

9. Default Re: Themus The PG / Transfer Portal

The fact that a young man looking out for himself bothers you this much is the issue, when schools and coaches have zero loyalty to these players when it benefits them. Players are told all the time to take a hike by coaches, fans and universities. Now, they have some negotiation power its an issue.
    This is absolutely correct. It changes the entire collegiate structure, which most fans cling to. But the truth is the matter is, they now have the leverage they’ve always deserved. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It wasn’t ULM. But it was in state.
    Tech I assume.

They all do, you just don't know about it. Your idea of these players loyalty is a myth in your own mind. In fact, I think those completely loyal kids are in the extreme minority.
    Wait until the new football media contracts kick in. The big boys will have more expendable money. Then creatively will abound when it comes to collectives and the next tier of sports, such as softball and baseball get impacted. Look for a hard push for scholarship numbers to increase then a bidding war with collectives. Loyalty is a dying thing.

You’ll know it’s over when college kids get paid more than minor league base pay.

I would, and we do all the time and have for years. These players know what their teammates are doing, the fans don't. The majority of these kids are always weighing their options and would jump for a better one if offered.
    The portal has barely been around, so we haven't been doing it for years. Name 2 or 3 people that has entered the portal and the Cajuns have taken them back, since you say we do it all the time? I have access to the portal for baseball, basketball, football, and softball. I can't name two. So are these kids from others sports? I will wait for you to respond, this should be really good.

Themus, I know you reading this board bro. Quit playing with us, take ya name out the portal.

I don’t have NIL money but best I can do is 5 lbs of crawfish with 3 sides.

The portal has barely been around, so we haven't been doing it for years. Name 2 or 3 people that has entered the portal and the Cajuns have taken them back, since you say we do it all the time? I have access to the portal for baseball, basketball, football, and softball. I can't name two. So are these kids from others sports? I will wait for you to respond, this should be really good.
    That’s Exactly my point that you can’t seem to grasp, it’s been going on forever..,you only know about it now bc of the portal. Athletes have been trying to transfer and get paid in the offseason forever, it’s just above the table now. Many of these loyal athletes weren’t Loyal, they just couldn’t/didn’t secure better options. The portal isn’t the problem, it’s a database..a spread sheet. The no sit rule is what drives all this.

Seems like there could be a better way to leverage one’s situation.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information