Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Themus The PG / Transfer Portal

Default Re: Themus The PG / Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I wonder how many people realize how many times Marlin put out feelers. As recent as last year, in fact. The program he was flirting with? One of our biggest rivals.
    Marlin would be a great fit at ULM hahahaha

Default Re: 23-24 Hoops

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    This is why fans are quitting collegiate athletics, but namely basketball.
    Bingo. It's a lot harder to care, invest, and engage when you can't follow the development of a kid and don't know who will be there one year to another.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Bingo. It's a lot harder to care, invest, and engage when you can't follow the development of a kid and don't know who will be there one year to another.
    It is to the point now where it doesn't pay to red shirt anyone because you never know what your team will look like next year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    100%. As a casual MBB fan that dialed in and bought in as the season progressed...to then find out the starting PG is in the transfer portal. How are you going to get fans to buy in when players are trying to buy out?

5. Default Re: 23-24 Hoops

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    We literally just won a championship and many of our players were transfers or had transferred before. Two our assistants also came from another place before this year. Seemed like there was sufficient loyalty and brotherhood.
    Unfortunately Louisiana can't take a preseason trip to the Caribbean for four more years.

I know everyone here is automatically assuming his reason for leaving is money, but did any of you even consider for 1 second that he wants a better opportunity to play on a bigger stage and possibly 2 more trips to the dance? Is it impossible that he doesn't want to play for Marlin? Is it impossible that he knows he's not taking another trip to the dance if he stays? I'm not surprised in the least bit that he is leaving. And I won't be surprised when others do as well. It's almost funny that anyone expected nobody would leave.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    What does that tell you, that ULM didn't think Marlin was out of their league to hire, and that Marlin felt the same about ULM. Let's play a game. If Marlin would be let go from UL today, does he get a job at a higher or lower profile school?

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Naw, ULM fired the women’s coach since Richard out performed her over the years. Keeping Richard another year.

We were going to have to find a better Point Guard anyway. Fulks plays hard but he has a bad habit of penetrating and not finishing. Ok I've set yall up.

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    We were going to have to find a better Point Guard anyway. Fulks plays hard but he has a bad habit of penetrating and not finishing. Ok I've set yall up.
    Some folks on the board believe he should be able to test the waters and use UL as a fall back plan. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    That's what she said,..

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    100%. As a casual MBB fan that dialed in and bought in as the season progressed...to then find out the starting PG is in the transfer portal. How are you going to get fans to buy in when players are trying to buy out?
    Same as football casual fans with the departures when Napier left.

It’s not just a MBB issue.

And if the NCAA can’t reign this in, other sports will be impacted

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Some folks on the board believe he should be able to test the waters and use UL as a fall back plan. SMH
    The fact that a young man looking out for himself bothers you this much is the issue, when schools and coaches have zero loyalty to these players when it benefits them. Players are told all the time to take a hike by coaches, fans and universities. Now, they have some negotiation power its an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    The fact that a young man looking out for himself bothers you this much is the issue, when schools and coaches have zero loyalty to these players when it benefits them. Players are told all the time to take a hike by coaches, fans and universities. Now, they have some negotiation power its an issue.
    I have zero issues with him looking out for himself and testing the waters. Once he does that he shouldn't be welcomed back with open arms. That has been my stance. I don't like and never will like guys who quit on their team. To many pillow soft guys these days that aren't ready to compete and throw down.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    I have zero issues with him looking out for himself and testing the waters. Once he does that he shouldn't be welcomed back with open arms. That has been my stance. I don't like and never will like guys who quit on their team. To many pillow soft guys these days that aren't ready to compete and throw down.
    They all do, you just don't know about it. Your idea of these players loyalty is a myth in your own mind. In fact, I think those completely loyal kids are in the extreme minority.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information