Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Themus The PG / Transfer Portal

Default Re: 23-24 Hoops

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    He doesn't have to transfer either. Plenty of guys put their names in here and decide to stay
    If I was a coach of any sport and a player entered the portal then I wouldn't welcome them back. You have to be all in or all out, no gray area to think about what you want to do. If they enter the portal and want to come back that means they aren't sure what they want to do and they aren't fully committed to the current team.The program can't be a yo-yo for guys to test the water.

Default Re: Themus The PG / Transfer Portal

I think I represent some fans. My donations will go to baseball and football. Nothing has changed. PROBLEM for any sports program. Apathy is a killer

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    If I was a coach of any sport and a player entered the portal then I wouldn't welcome them back. You have to be all in or all out, no gray area to think about what you want to do. If they enter the portal and want to come back that means they aren't sure what they want to do and they aren't fully committed to the current team.The program can't be a yo-yo for guys to test the water.
    But that’s what the NCAA is now

So you wouldn’t take Jordan brown back? I’m sure he is currently evaluating his options and how much he can get paid is probably a huge factor. Fulks is doing the same. Coaches do it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    So you wouldn’t take Jordan brown back? I’m sure he is currently evaluating his options and how much he can get paid is probably a huge factor. Fulks is doing the same. Coaches do it all the time.
    Has he entered the portal? That is what we are talking about. Going from UL to a different college team is totally different then going from UL to some kind of pro league.

Has he entered the portal? That is what we are talking about. Going from UL to a different college team is totally different then going from UL to some kind of pro league.
    No it’s not, it’s about money…just like the coaches. Fulks does not have an nba career ahead of him, if he can get paid good for him. Or if he is looking to find how much he is worth to stay then so be it. The boosters did this and now want to sit on top of this high and mighty throne bc these kids are seeking the opportunity presented to them. According to you, Jordan brown is not all in and shouldn’t be accepted back, it’s nonsense. We took Napier back every time when he was weighing options. We would take Brown back in a heartbeat so not sure why Fulks should be the cast away if he would decide to come back. It’s now a business that you are taking personal and that never works.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    It’s cjr3888s fault.
    I'm sure a post from a fan before he stepped on campus is the reason he entered the transfer portal.

College basketball revolves around the portal right now. Hopefully enough stories about players careers ending because there wasn't an open spot will slow down the transfers. Saw the other day that the entire starting 5 for Northwestern entered the portal.

8. Default ESPN 1420 Cajuns Guard Themus Fulks Entering the Transfer Portal

Breaking News, according to Jamie Shaw of ON3 Recruits Cajuns' guard Themus Fulks has entered the transfer portal.

No it’s not, it’s about money…just like the coaches. Fulks does not have an nba career ahead of him, if he can get paid good for him. Or if he is looking to find how much he is worth to stay then so be it. The boosters did this and now want to sit on top of this high and mighty throne bc these kids are seeking the opportunity presented to them. According to you, Jordan brown is not all in and shouldn’t be accepted back, it’s nonsense. We took Napier back every time when he was weighing options. We would take Brown back in a heartbeat so not sure why Fulks should be the cast away if he would decide to come back. It’s now a business that you are taking personal and that never works.
    If I was the coach and you entered the portal then it wouldn't be up to you to come back, you would be cut. That is the same thing Deggs did to Fitzpatrick. For someone to enter the portal that means they have reasons to enter and it isn't good for your reason to be testing the waters. You can't use the program to try and find a better gig. Remember Coach Robe saying you can't use the company's fax machine to find a new job. The same message applys here. Teammates are ok if you are testing the pro waters, they will not be ok if you are testing the college waters to find another team. ALL IN OR ALL OUT.

If I was the coach and you entered the portal then it wouldn't be up to you to come back, you would be cut. That is the same thing Deggs did to Fitzpatrick. For someone to enter the portal that means they have reasons to enter and it isn't good for your reason to be testing the waters. You can't use the program to try and find a better gig. Remember Coach Robe saying you can't use the company's fax machine to find a new job. The same message applys here. Teammates are ok if you are testing the pro waters, they will not be ok if you are testing the college waters to find another team. ALL IN OR ALL OUT.
    First, That’s why you aren’t a coach. A Players reason for entering is $$$. It was Fitzgerald not Fitzpatrick and he wasn’t trying to get paid. Ben was trying to find a “better situation” bc he thought he was better than he was. You have no clue what Fulks teammates are okay with and not okay with and we don’t know what kind of money is being dangled in front of Fulks. Any coach who has a problem with a young man trying to get paid Is a hypocrite. The adults created free agency in college sports not the players.

That’s why you aren’t a coach
    You are correct, I no longer coach any sport. You have also never played on any championship team to know anything about loyalty and brotherhood.

Ask Coach Chris if he would let one of his Pilot baseball players go try out for another team and then if he doesn't make that team would Coach Chris hold a spot open for him.

12. Default Re: 23-24 Hoops

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    It’s cjr3888s fault.
    Hardly.

The 300+ schools who did not extend Fulks an offer stated in stronger language that for various reasons they agreed with cjr3888.

You are correct, I no longer coach any sport. You have also never played on any championship team to know anything about loyalty and brotherhood.

Ask Coach Chris if he would let one of his Pilot baseball players go try out for another team and then if he doesn't make that team would Coach Chris hold a spot open for him.
    You have no idea what and where I played and is coach Chris the authority on this or something? Players have been weighing their transfer options In the off-season for decades you just didn’t know it. The portal just put everything above the table, none of this is new. Hate to break it to you but a lot of these “all in”
    kids you’ve worshipped over the years tried to transfer and didn’t bc they couldn’t find anything better.

Default Re: Themus The PG / Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    I think I represent some fans. My donations will go to baseball and football. Nothing has changed. PROBLEM for any sports program. Apathy is a killer
    We all knew that. We know you aren't much of a basketball fan or supporter, however, how many players in the baseball program are transfers? Certainly how many players have we lost in the last couple of years in football to transfer? Come on man. It's all college sports now.

I'm with you JMV, once you enter your name in the portal, we should not allow a player back. Can't hold a spot for you to decide what you wanna do. Obviously your heart isn't for playing for the Cajuns.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information