Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Themus The PG / Transfer Portal

Default Re: 23-24 Hoops

Quote Originally Posted by RaginP View Post
    Wow. This is a head scratcher.
    In my opinion you could see this one coming from a mile away. He came out of nowhere to put up some of the top assists numbers in the country. He has 2 years of eligibility left and hasn’t technically transferred yet as he went D1-JUCO-D1. There has to be offers out there for someone like that. NIL and the one time transfer rule coming into existence at the same time has created free agency in college athletics, this is just part of the world we live in. You can’t blame the coaching staff and personally I don’t blame Themus for taking advantage of his opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    In my opinion you could see this one coming from a mile away. He came out of nowhere to put up some of the top assists numbers in the country. He has 2 years of eligibility left and hasn’t technically transferred yet as he went D1-JUCO-D1. There has to be offers out there for someone like that. NIL and the one time transfer rule coming into existence at the same time has created free agency in college athletics, this is just part of the world we live in. You can’t blame the coaching staff and personally I don’t blame Themus for taking advantage of his opportunity.
    Shades of Kyren Lacy "I'm a Cajun for life" -> transfer portal

Fulks: "It's time for us to take over and win some more championships" -> transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Cajunsmike get in here, we’re melting
    My only comment is that he is almost certainly looking for an NIL at a major school.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    This is why fans are quitting collegiate athletics, but namely basketball.
    100% agree. All of the sports have an issue but the roster turnover in basketball is completely out of hand

At the time he said that he probably meant it. Since that time he probably has received word through back channels a better opportunity may be available to him. That could include financial considerations. Note this is only me speculating here. I am not privy to the actual situation.

Don't let the door....

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    At the time he said that he probably meant it. Since that time he probably has received word through back channels a better opportunity may be available to him. That could include financial considerations. Note this is only me speculating here. I am not privy to the actual situation.
    Mike, I think you are being a bit naive here because of your love of Cajun Basketball. His intention may have been to finish at UL when he signed, but there is now the unspoken truth. His better opportunity begins with more money. In that manner, he is no different than any football athlete that has left for a better "Opportunity" - Money.

The question now is how will Coach Marlin address the loss of his starting point guard, JC, Portal or HS signee?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Mike, I think you are being a bit naive here because of your love of Cajun Basketball. His intention may have been to finish at UL when he signed, but there is now the unspoken truth. His better opportunity begins with more money. In that manner, he is no different than any football athlete that has left for a better "Opportunity" - Money.

The question now is how will Coach Marlin address the loss of his starting point guard, JC, Portal or HS signee?
    I may have been niave when I guessed he was being truthful when he said the remaining guys needed to bring more championships here. He may have been putting feelers out for what he was worth at that time. No way to know. Wonder if South Carolina or Clemson offer as he is from that area. I don’t know if either the 2 signees or the Zachary commit named Hardy can play point guard at the college level as a pure freshman. I understand people being skeptical they can. Hardy did play point his sophomore and junior year. I expect they try to bring in a more experienced guy to compete for the position.

Well, I’m sure this didn’t help.

https://forumeus.com/showthread.php/...x-Themus-Fulks

But in the end, he’s probably chasing the “greener” pasture.

UL Basketball Themus The PG / Transfer Portal

Not good…

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Didn’t need that
    Especially if we want to retain JB

He doesn't have to transfer either. Plenty of guys put their names in here and decide to stay

Default Re: Themus The PG / Transfer Portal

Yeah, true. MT is not ready to be that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well, I’m sure this didn’t help.

https://forumeus.com/showthread.php/...x-Themus-Fulks

But in the end, he’s probably chasing the “greener” pasture.
    It’s cjr3888s fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I agree, this move is not surprising for the exact reasons you listed. Complete roster turnovers each season may become the new normal across the country, but more so in conference, so at least there is equality at play. the coaches that navigate year to year the best will stay in contention for championships and NCAA bids. At this point if a team wants any short term roster stability, 80% of the roster needs to come from the portal. Its going to take away from connecting with the players and their individual stories, but fans need to adjust to cheer for whoever has Louisiana across the chest if only for a year.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information