Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 2, SLU 0

Default Re: CAJUNS VS SLU

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Hes was a defensive replacement last weekend as well.
    He came in both times when they switched pitchers. Lefty righty thing.

Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 2, SLU 0

Funny how everyone says that the quality of baseball in the state is so good. And you dont have to travel very far to play a quality opponent and get your butt kicked. But i have not seen a team we play consistently that helps our rpi other than LSU.

Funny how everyone says that the quality of baseball in the state is so good. And you dont have to travel very far to play a quality opponent and get your butt kicked. But i have not seen a team we play consistently that helps our rpi other than LSU.
    Southeastern is a 35+ win team almost every year

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Southeastern is a 35+ win team almost every year
    And? How does that help our RPI. A good team…yes. Dont mean they have a good RPI.

And? How does that help our RPI. A good team…yes. Dont mean they have a good RPI.
    Winning percentage is how rpi is calculated.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Can we get Gonegolfin to explain rpi and sticky it at the beginning of every baseball season?

Louisiana teams this year have bad to terrible RPI. Only LSU and UL are in top 100

This weekend is USA > 220 RPI.....just 1 loss to them will drop our RPI bigly. Need to sweep.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Louisiana teams this year have bad to terrible RPI. Only LSU and UL are in top 100

This weekend is USA > 220 RPI.....just 1 loss to them will drop our RPI bigly. Need to sweep.
    If we played 3 games against USA and 3 games against LSU, both on the road, it doesn’t not matter who we won or lost to. 4-2 in those games is the same RPI regardless of who the wins were against.

Does it matter to the committee? Yes, it’s a factor. But who the wins and losses are against has zero affect on the RPI value or ranking.

Edit: even a single loss to St. Peter’s wouldn’t have mattered. Playing them 3 times is what hurt.

9. Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 2, SLU 0

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    If we played 3 games against USA and 3 games against LSU, both on the road, it doesn’t not matter who we won or lost to. 4-2 in those games is the same RPI regardless of who the wins were against.

Does it matter to the committee? Yes, it’s a factor. But who the wins and losses are against has zero affect on the RPI value or ranking.

Edit: even a single loss to St. Peter’s wouldn’t have mattered. Playing them 3 times is what hurt.
    https://www.sportsrec.com/rpi-calculated-5143295.html

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    The new formula will value each home win as 0.7 and each road victory as 1.3, a change from the customary 1.0 of the past. Conversely, each home loss will be weighted as 1.3, and each road loss will count 0.7 against a team's RPI. Neutral site games will continue to be weighted the same value of 1.0.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    The new formula will value each home win as 0.7 and each road victory as 1.3, a change from the customary 1.0 of the past. Conversely, each home loss will be weighted as 1.3, and each road loss will count 0.7 against a team's RPI. Neutral site games will continue to be weighted the same value of 1.0.
    This isn't new. Been this way for several years now.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    This isn't new. Been this way for several years now.
    Call it what you want, it is still the newest formula.

I think Jay is echoing my frustration that RPI has to be explained EVERY YEAR....

14. Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 2, SLU 0

I was about to post something similar as Jay.

I'd like to see a schedule chart to see if it has helped get teams off their front porch or if they are still set in their ways.

Glasco should be the poster child for getting out although going elsewhere this year has a lot of neutral games.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I was about to post something similar as Jay.

I'd like to see a schedule chart to see if it has helped get teams off their front porch or if they are still set in their ways.

Glasco should be the poster child for getting out although going elsewhere this year has a lot of neutral games.
    I noticed Arkansas, Texas Tech and Louisville were playing their first real away games tonight. Vandy has played 1 road game going into tonight.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information