Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Swamp Logo

1. Default Swamp Logo

RP member Swamp posted this logo.

I like it and was wondering the source and whether you could find one with "Ragin" expressing the same movement in the same direction?

Right now the official logo has Ragin and Cajuns going in opposite directions.

Default Re: Swamp Logo

Let me get back with you T.

Bowed up this morning at the shop.

I have only seen that one I never seen Ragin like that

It's definitely possible.

The reversed direction makes no sense at all.

The 4 layers is ridiculous. They added another one recently.

College Athletics branding is two colors and simple (following standard mathematical "laws")

UL branding has ____ed me off since day one on campus (now 20+ years ago).

I can make it happen and end this Era of fire, flaming dildeauxs, five layers of the same shape, 4 different colors.

We're on the verge of a visit from College Gameday. Time to get the f'n mantle in order. Period.

Geaux Cajuns. F.

This is why we must eliminate the stupid flames going in each direction. They look stupid when they are unstacked.

Attached Images Attached Images  

As for our numbers I give huge credit to Athletics for what they have done. Keep doing it.

There is one combination on black jerseys for BSB or Softball that is just sick. I think its the grey, then jersey color (black), then red # with the "flame digit". Unbelievable good. Word up.

The use of the old school Cajuns script: Never stop using this. This is historic bad ass.

New BSB jerseys sporting the old jerseys with the Cajun script and the star dotting the j with the addidas logo with no addidas written under it is Genuis. Color commentator during the Cajuns/Miss St. BSB game called it the best uniform in NCAA D1 Baseball.

The old school Cajuns script on FTBL helmet: Legendary.

Now the hard truth: The stacked logo bleauxs. The square rectangle 4 layers needs to roll out. It can be fixed forever - tomorrow - Switch to the Ragin Cajuns arched logo on FTBL helmet: DONE.

Apply it to everything: Tomorrow. FTBL already has it on helmet, but thats the only location it exists. It's been on our helmets since 2002. Simply go look at pics of 1999, 2000, 2001 FTBL season, then look at the change applied to 2002 season. I'm betting Big Lynn was involved in that Genuis move. Apply to every single sport, all 16 Programs.

As per the eye of Turbine, make sure the "flame letters" for "Ragin'" flows in same direction as "Cajuns"

Let's end this ridiculous conversation.

Make it Happen Louisiana.

Geaux F'n CAJUNS.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    As for our numbers I give huge credit to Athletics for what they have done. Keep doing it.

There is one combination on black jerseys for BSB or Softball that is just sick. I think its the grey, then jersey color (black), then red # with the "flame digit". Unbelievable good. Word up.

The use of the old school Cajuns script: Never stop using this. This is historic bad ass.

New BSB jerseys sporting the old jerseys with the Cajun script and the star dotting the j with the addidas logo with no addidas written under it is Genuis. Color commentator during the Cajuns/Miss St. BSB game called it the best uniform in NCAA D1 Baseball.

The old school Cajuns script on FTBL helmet: Legendary.

Now the hard truth: The stacked logo bleauxs. The square rectangle 4 layers needs to roll out. It can be fixed forever - tomorrow - Switch to the Ragin Cajuns arched logo on FTBL helmet: DONE.

Apply it to everything: Tomorrow. FTBL already has it on helmet, but thats the only location it exists. It's been on our helmets since 2002. Simply go look at pics of 1999, 2000, 2001 FTBL season, then look at the change applied to 2002 season. I'm betting Big Lynn was involved in that Genuis move. Apply to every single sport, all 16 Programs.

As per the eye of Turbine, make sure the "flame letters" for "Ragin'" flows in same direction as "Cajuns"

Let's end this ridiculous conversation.

Make it Happen Louisiana.

Geaux F'n CAJUNS.
    I be honest I think the stack Ragin Cajuns looks cartoonish, it works and I like it but don’t use it for everything . I mean they use it for everything

Which logo is that, the square rectangle 4 layers ?

We have used the stack Ragin Cajuns logo so much there is no turning back we are stuck with it !

Our stacked Ragin’ Cajuns logo is great & unique!

10. Default Re: Swamp Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Our stacked Ragin’ Cajuns logo is great & unique!
    A mixed message which direction the overall program is headed in, is definitly unique and oddly fits

11. Default Re: Swamp Logo

The confusing different directions logo is an "artifact" of the Hot Wheels logo.

these should be the logos we use! That way we have an alternative to each one. 2 for the nickname and 2 for the university. 2 main logos, and 2 alternatives

Name:  FB370FA2-9184-40EE-87BF-3D0B5F56C69F.png
Views: 461
Size:  5.6 KB

Name:  2A36EF4E-2101-494D-997E-E70BE3E0409D.png
Views: 377
Size:  8.7 KB

Name:  D993DDA2-ACE3-4C2F-A7A7-F13EBC07A533.jpeg
Views: 378
Size:  22.3 KB

I can dream
    Name:  4BD7B5DF-FE39-4093-960F-11D80E2FB030.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  42.9 KB

13. Default Re: Swamp Logo

RAGIN' > right
    CAJUNS < left

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    RAGIN' > right
    CAJUNS < left
    Exactly

Although the % of arch is incorrect. You get the point.

Image is from The University of Louisiana Athletic Department HQ.

Swamp, out.

And of course reverse flow of Cajuns beneath Ragin' to match. As per T (Turbine). Completely agree baw.

Also, drop that chilli pepper thing acting as an apostrophe, that's that b.s.

I don't care what you put in its place, put something from way back in the day to reflect our 100 years+ of Louisiana athletics.

Drop that black layer. Two colors: 1. Vermillion 2. White. Example: "Vermillion and White game" for FTBL.

Louisiana Athletics Department has made Tremendous gains - This has to be pointed out. EXCELLENT work. But, this last step is the final hurdle. Complete this transition and we will never have issue again with our foundation stone.

Swamp, out. again.

Let's Geaux.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information