Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Default Re: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Why were they terrible on thursday?
    You win. Bob Marlin is the best coach this sport has ever seen.

After losing my passionate myopic UL view, I looked up team defense for this season and Tennessee was 3rd best in the country at 57.9 ppg.

Tennessee beats Duke by 13…my goodness, what a horrible coach Duke must have.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    You win. Bob Marlin is the best coach this sport has ever seen.
    UL>Duke
    Marlin>Scheyer

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    They said Dusty Baker was told old and he won a world series.
    I am just looking for an NCAA win!
    Can Dusty coach basketball?!

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Is Tennessee a terrible team? No
    Was Tennessee terrible on Thursday? Yes
    Some of you think you know, but you don't..

Georgia Southern's new coach. Three D1 stops along the way with pro experience too. Presently with Alabama.

https://www.wsav.com/sports/georgia-...e=facebook.com

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Georgia Southern's new coach. Three D1 stops along the way with pro experience too. Presently with Alabama.

It is with great excitement that I get a chance to speak on behalf of Charlie since I've known him since he was a kid. I feel the job he's done and the path he's taken, he'll do an amazing job at Georgia Southern. In such a short time, he's proven to be a great assistant at Alabama, as they've taken college basketball by storm! Charlie is a workaholic and a sponge to learn. I feel honored to talk about him since we took similar paths. Charlie will be a great coach and an even better member of the community and the University. I am proud and excited for Charlie."
    - Tom Izzo Head Coach, Michigan State Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    I am just looking for an NCAA win!
    Can Dusty coach basketball?!
    I think the Cajuns had 27 or so NCAA wins this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

This is why it makes me laugh when I hear people around here ask, “…but who are we going to get?”

If Georgia Southern can hire someone like that, with the money we pay, we should have no problem doing the same in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    This is why it makes me laugh when I hear people around here ask, “…but who are we going to get?”

If Georgia Southern can hire someone like that, with the money we pay, we should have no problem doing the same in the future.
    BINGO!

That’s why I’m hoping when Bob hits 65 next year he retires when the season is over and there will be quality coaches out there.

My only concern is the pay is in the same range as our football coach. MH could always go cheap and further deteriorate the already diminished fan base.

What exactly has this guy done that impresses you? His overall losing record as a head coach? He followed the iowa state coach to the nba, he wasn’t hired away

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    What exactly has this guy done that impresses you? His overall losing record as a head coach? He followed the iowa state coach to the nba, he wasn’t hired away
    Coached at 3 major college programs; was a head coach in the NBA G-League (which he has a winning record, not a losing one); coached with the Chicago Bulls

How can you say it’s not impressive?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    In my opinion, to be a dangerous team in the tournament, you have to be a guard dominant team with outside shooting. My definition of dangerous is greater than an 8 seed.

The Cajuns looked dangerous when Julien was draining 3 pointers, unfortunately no one else could hit anything else in the game from outside the lane really.

As of now, I am not optimistic for next season because I don’t see where points are going to come from and counting on true Freshman for scoring is a very low probability answer. Is there potentially a transfer or two that could come in, sure, but EVERY D1 program is looking for scorers.
    The most impressive teams thus far in the tournament are teams who defend and are efficient offensively. I think most would agree that SDSU and Tennessee were possibly the two most impressive teams yesterday. They controlled their opponent and just did everything well.

The Furmans, Penn States, College of charlestons who throw up tons of outside shots can sting you when hot but they are not built to make runs. Princeton was lights out yesterday but they will run into one of these good defensive teams who will force them to play their style and end their run quickly.

Coached at 3 major college programs; was a head coach in the NBA G-League (which he has a winning record, not a losing one); coached with the Chicago Bulls

How can you say it’s not impressive?
    This is where an AD has to earn their money. There are so many younger coaches out there looking for an opportunity. Unless we get a retread hire like Cliff Ellis at CCU, we are likely going to be hiring a coach who may lack some HC experience. We have to vet them and do our homework but good coaches can be found out there.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information