Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Default Re: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Do you mean someone like a Tobin Anderson?
    He’s 51, too old.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    He’s 51, too old.
    They said Dusty Baker was told old and he won a world series.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Merged into the game thread, no whacks.
    I never believed it for a second. The one message board that truly practices the right to free speech ain't whacking threads to suck hiney for no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I never believed it for a second. The one message board that truly practices the right to free speech ain't whacking threads to suck hiney for no one.
    Which message board allows you to practice free speech?

Wether you like it or not he will be here next year…. Do I think he is the coach for us to make a run in the dance… maybe… I personally feel if Jordan Brown doesn’t come back next year it will be a hard grind to get back into the top 4 of the conference. I feel we will be on this roller coaster of mediocre to good for the next 3 years with marlin at the helm.

6. Default Re: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Marlin needs to schedule more tough games on the road, if he ever wants to prepare his teams for postseason runs.

Marlin needs to schedule more tough games on the road, if he ever wants to prepare his teams for postseason runs.
    Who would want to play UL with a low net and sos?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Texas Southern figures it out every year

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    And basketball hasn’t the last 40 years?

Doublespeak?
    Of course it has in the last 40, just like softball has since Coach Girouard was coaching here.

However, while I have no numbers to back this up, I’d bet the increase in investment by the big boys in softball over just the past 10 years has accelerated at a faster pace than their investment in basketball over that same timeframe.

With the portal these days, I’m not so sure a complete rebuild is a thing anymore.

11. Default Re: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    I admit it is a temporary catch 22 ... still there are ways to bolster your reputation to schedule more tough games on the road,

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Of course it has in the last 40, just like softball has since Coach Girouard was coaching here.

However, while I have no numbers to back this up, I’d bet the increase in investment by the big boys in softball over just the past 10 years has accelerated at a faster pace than their investment in basketball over that same timeframe.
    We were on top when no one was investing in softball. The big schools dumped money into it and have catapulted past us. It is harder to compete in softball than it was years ago. Double elimination regionals and supers produce the "better team" more often than not. On the other hand, the transfer portal and nature of the ncaa tournament has made it easier for small schools to make runs. One or two transfers, a recruit who has ties to a school, etc. and an off game or two by big school(s) results in Furman, Princeton, FDU.

Fairleigh Dickinson would like a word.

This thread is proof that, just because you don't see cockroaches in the house, doesn't mean they're not there.

In my opinion, to be a dangerous team in the tournament, you have to be a guard dominant team with outside shooting. My definition of dangerous is greater than an 8 seed.

The Cajuns looked dangerous when Julien was draining 3 pointers, unfortunately no one else could hit anything else in the game from outside the lane really.

As of now, I am not optimistic for next season because I don’t see where points are going to come from and counting on true Freshman for scoring is a very low probability answer. Is there potentially a transfer or two that could come in, sure, but EVERY D1 program is looking for scorers.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information