Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

UL Basketball Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Just curious what you guys think? A yes or no answer is good enough. I don't need to know why.

Default Re: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Can we let this rest through the weekend at least?

The fact that this question has to be asked after 13 years is all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    Can we let this rest through the weekend at least?
    Thank you. I know for a fact some people who post here regularly were pulling for us to lose last night just so they could say I told you so. Don’t care what anyone says, Marlin is damned if he do and damned if don’t. We coulda won last night and lost to duke tomorrow and people would complain cause DaBoot said we were going to the sweet 16. It’s ridiculous.

5. Default Re: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Just curious what you guys think? A yes or no answer is good enough. I don't need to know why.
    Bright side: At least you waited till after the game to ask the question "again"

I think you should lose imaginary RP points for asking a question after said coach secures the single bid to the dance out of 14 teams. Ask your question another season lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Thank you. I know for a fact some people who post here regularly were pulling for us to lose last night just so they could say I told you so. Don’t care what anyone says, Marlin is damned if he do and damned if don’t. We coulda won last night and lost to duke tomorrow and people would complain cause DaBoot said we were going to the sweet 16. It’s ridiculous.
    Pulling for my program to lose because someone wants to see a coach fired is something I can't get behind. I hate losing way too much.

As much as I want Marlin gone, I'd rather we win last night, get a shot at Duke, and then they announce he gets a 2 year extension then see us lose last night. I wanted it for those players so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    The fact that this question has to be asked after 13 years is all you need to know.
    Ditto: Why does UL fan have to be disloyal to be honest? It was nice to see this team make it to the dance for the 2nd time in Marlin's 13 seasons. Having said that, does anyone who reads this board actually believe this team without Jordan Brown will see another NCAA tournament for the foreseeable future? I don't. So enjoy the ride. The fact is it may be a very long time before you get that ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Ditto: Why does UL fan have to be disloyal to be honest? It was nice to see this team make it to the dance for the 2nd time in Marlin's 13 seasons. Having said that, does anyone who reads this board actually believe this team without Jordan Brown will see another NCAA tournament for the foreseeable future? I don't. So enjoy the ride. The fact is it may be a very long time before you get that ride again.
    Heading into the season did anyone think we'd win the SBC tourny and go to the dance with Theo leaving and the unknowns surrounding incoming transfers?

That's why I think the time and place for this thread is when another season is underway, not after we just got eliminated in heartbreaking fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I doubt anyone was pulling for the team to lose last night.

Just going to file this thread with all the Fire CMD threads...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Pulling for my program to lose because someone wants to see a coach fired is something I can't get behind. I hate losing way too much.
    The program is always above the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Just going to file this thread with all the Fire CMD threads...
    Who said he needed to be fired?

I say yes, he is in 2022-2023 (major) sports he's the only Cajun coach to exceed expectations and not regress the program. I know the jury is still out on baseball and softball.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information