Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Default Re: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Who is worse the RPCA or the RebClub?
    Marlin Maffia Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    However, reading the rest of your post it sounds as though there should be a lot of enthusiasm for the future of Cajuns basketball. When will Marley begin this sales process to the people who buy tickets? You are the most positively positive optimist the UL fan base has. However, I would appreciate this coach selling his team as if he buys them himself & him be willing to take accountability if these guys underperform. And schedule someone decent for the love of Molly would you please?
    Schedule calls for a MAC team to come here. We will likely have to buy 3 D1 games to meet conference requirement. Don’t know who those will be. This past season support in Dome was better than expected mostly due to team themselves drumming up support from student body. I did give reasons to be optimistic in previous post. Here is cause for concern. Kobe Julien could be main guy and who knows if he will stay healthy. Also, I don’t expect any key guys to leave but in the portal and transfer era you never know. That goes to my point I don’t automatically assume success nor failure. That is why I suggest you as well don’t automatically assume we can’t have a successful year

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    According to article they actually have 8 total, but all 5 starters off of a very good basketball team this year. That hurts, many of those 8 could end up at APU where the coach will be heading next year.

I watched a few of Nw State's games this year, they were a good team.
    They beat southern miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Schedule calls for a MAC team to come here. We will likely have to buy 3 D1 games to meet conference requirement. Don’t know who those will be. This past season support in Dome was better than expected mostly due to team themselves drumming up support from student body. I did give reasons to be optimistic in previous post. Here is cause for concern. Kobe Julien could be main guy and who knows if he will stay healthy. Also, I don’t expect any key guys to leave but in the portal and transfer era you never know. That goes to my point I don’t automatically assume success nor failure. That is why I suggest you as well don’t automatically assume we can’t have a successful year
    Also, everyone I spoke to who attended a game this season enjoyed it. Many people did say the reason they did not go to more has nothing to do with staff. It was mostly about cost due to excessive ticket master fees and Dome concessions cost. That situation is definitely impacting support and I hope those contracts can be renegotiated soon

Also, everyone I spoke to who attended a game this season enjoyed it. Many people did say the reason they did not go to more has nothing to do with staff. It was mostly about cost due to excessive ticket master fees and Dome concessions cost. That situation is definitely impacting support and I hope those contracts can be renegotiated soon
    Buy season tickets, no Ticket Master fees. Have a couple of drinks at home, or your favorite tavern beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Buy season tickets, no Ticket Master fees. Have a couple of drinks at home, or your favorite tavern beforehand.
    And apparently MH reads RP. Music level got turned down and somewhat less vulgar.

Winning does make things more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    And apparently MH reads RP. Music level got turned down and somewhat less vulgar.

They read and post on RP.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

Also, there were many people who used to attend who simply watched on ESPN plus. Some never missed a game. I bet our ratings on that venue were up significantly this year. People I talked to around town were very familiar with our team despite not making every game. All agreed the guys were a true "team".

I know we complain about the beer prices at the dome but at amway they were $11 for a 24oz beer compared to $12 for a 36oz at the dome. Now the concessions themselves at amway were phenomenal with great variety and decently priced.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I know we complain about the beer prices at the dome but at amway they were $11 for a 24oz beer compared to $12 for a 36oz at the dome. Now the concessions themselves at amway were phenomenal with great variety and decently priced.
    $10 for a 16 ounce beer at LSU softball games.

Also, there were many people who used to attend who simply watched on ESPN plus. Some never missed a game. I bet our ratings on that venue were up significantly this year. People I talked to around town were very familiar with our team despite not making every game. All agreed the guys were a true "team".
    Attendance numbers were up this season due to the Fabulous Cajun Chicken appearance. Marlin and Dr. Maggard owe that man a pay check.

Serious question. If HUD, after he lost the fans, went 7-5 and lost a bowl game with in his last season, would we have wanted him back?

Last edited by RaginCajun309; March 21st, 2023 at 10:33 pm. Reason: Lost instead of won

A well thought out plan!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Unfortunately, the NBA doesn't value older prospects. They prefer prospects that are younger and projectable by age 25. He has nothing to gain by returning and would be better off in the NBA Developmental League. If he is a free agent prospect, then it won't make much of a difference if he returns. His evaluation will help him make a decision.
    I guess they love to overpay the young ones who don't do crap for their team like Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    Serious question. If HUD, after he lost the fans, went 7-5 and lost a bowl game with in his last season, would we have wanted him back?
    Would the fans he lost have wanted him back? Probably not.

However, had he managed a winning season and bowl game appearance his final year, it would not have been his final year here. He would have received AT LEAST one more, probably two.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information