Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Default Re: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    My original question was whether you are a massive dope or you just play one on Ragin Pagin. I guess you're showing us the answer.
    I’ve answered your question with a reply. I can’t make you understand it.

2. Default Re: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    This crook is also a JBE wannabe. Makes perfect sense.

3. Default Re: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

I’m not arguing. I’m informing. Are Federal taxes and state taxes the same? Both are taxes. But they aren’t the same taxes.
    You have a very unique FOIble nature to your self.

Your little FOIst off in the name of clarity has been FOIled.

You seem fussy this morning. Have a Snickers.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Gotta be honest.. I find this conversation to be in poor taste.

I’ve been hard on Marlin and when you look at the numbers, the criticism has been fair. But, our program just accomplished something. Our program represented us well. I think we had a golden opportunity to win and I’m disappointed.

I just think it’s not the time for this conversation. The man did what we all wanted him to do. How / when / why / what is not relevant to me at this point. We have to be able to support our people when they succeed. This Marlin stuff is not personal for me. I don’t care who the coach is. I just want to win. And we did. I’m letting the guy run his program and until he gives me more reason to doubt him, I’ll keep quiet. The most recent Bob Marlin narrative is a good one.
    I don't have the data so I may be wrong, but it seems like Marlin has been a "contract year" coach during his tenure here. It seems like mediocre/poor year over and over until he needs that extension and then we get just far enough that people say "well you can't let him go after an ncaa appearance". Whether true or not, it is the perception that has caused me to lose interest in basketball over the last several years. Always follow and want them to succeed. Just not enough interest to get me to the dome.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I don't have the data so I may be wrong, but it seems like Marlin has been a "contract year" coach during his tenure here. It seems like mediocre/poor year over and over until he needs that extension and then we get just far enough that people say "well you can't let him go after an ncaa appearance". Whether true or not, it is the perception that has caused me to lose interest in basketball over the last several years. Always follow and want them to succeed. Just not enough interest to get me to the dome.
    Your assessment is accurate. He has good teams when it counts and mediocre teams during the middle of his contracts.

My stance on him as our HC has been clear for a very long time. I don’t think he is the guys and we should have moved on after the 2nd entire roster turnover.

With that being said, Marlin earned an extension. IMO it should just be a 2 year extension with a low buyout.

If we had any sort of half court offense we would’ve been playing Duke. But he doesn’t have that. It’s always some sort of isolation basketball.

He’s not the guy IMO, but he’s not going anywhere. He will be here for another 5 years. Then the admin will just let him get to 20 years in the system and he will retire.

He has brought some stability and integrity to the program, but I don’t believe he can take this program to the next level.

Maybe someone can clarify this for me. My memory was that Marlin's last contract extension was to go through 2022-2023 season (so basically ends right now), then he would get an automatic extra year (through the 2023-24 season) for winning the conference tournament.

So when we say "extension"...we're really just saying he gets to coach next year, right? That's all his contract says.

I’m not arguing. I’m informing. Are Federal taxes and state taxes the same? Both are taxes. But they aren’t the same taxes.
    so they may have been wrong about the only things that are certain? yay RP!

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Maybe someone can clarify this for me. My memory was that Marlin's last contract extension was to go through 2022-2023 season (so basically ends right now), then he would get an automatic extra year (through the 2023-24 season) for winning the conference tournament.

So when we say "extension"...we're really just saying he gets to coach next year, right? That's all his contract says.
    He's going to get more than one year with this tournament appearance.

The man has won three championships in 13 years. For some, that isn't enough. I'm not going to tell you how you should feel. I've made my support for Coach Marlin well known.

One poster said he can't take us "to the next level" and I'm not sure what that means. If that means winning in the postseason, well, the only one who has done that in the last 50 years was Marty Fletcher and we treated him like he was a child molester. We haven't won an NCAA or NIT game since.

11. Default Re: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    The man has won three championships in 13 years. For some, that isn't enough. ...
    Correct me if I am wrong but is that 3 championships in 26 opportunities?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but is that 3 championships in 26 opportunities?
    Sure, if you need more ammo, have at it. But you know damn well what I mean. Because trust me, the nay sayers wouldn't have given him credit if he won the regular season and the tournament in the same year. It wouldn't count twice to them. Hell, some don't even give him credit for 2017-18.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    He's going to get more than one year with this tournament appearance.
    Is that what is written in the current contract, or is that an assumption that he'll get above and beyond what his contract says?

14. Default Re: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Sure, if you need more ammo, have at it. But you know damn well what I mean. Because trust me, the nay sayers wouldn't have given him credit if he won the regular season and the tournament in the same year. It wouldn't count twice to them. Hell, some don't even give him credit for 2017-18.
    If there is a banner it should be counted, even if it is two in the same yeay.

The man has won three championships in 13 years. For some, that isn't enough. I'm not going to tell you how you should feel. I've made my support for Coach Marlin well known.

I am sure he is a great individual and runs a clean program, but outside of conference victories/championships he has not beat anyone of any significance that I recall in 13 years. That is where most of us have a problem with him. He deserves another year or two based on this year only. If he falls back into his past MO, and does not at least make it back to conference championship game, it is way past time to move on.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information