Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

1. Default Re: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Fairleigh Dickinson would like a word.
    Well they did schedule a team from last year's elite 8 and they scheduled Pitt.

Default Re: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

FDU history. The win over UVA was their first round of 64 victory in their history. They did win two “first four” games before.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair...27s_basketball

When the Cajuns made the tourney this year I was in the mindset of as long as Bob reaches the tournament consistently he can have a job here. After the game I thought back on the last 13 years and changed my mind. He has no business playing high level basketball. It has been the same thing for 13 years. His offensive scheme is non-existent. Even the announcers said it during the game. We throw the ball inside and everyone just stands around. It has been this way for 13 damn years. There's no flow, no motion, nothing to Bob's offense. Do I think Bob has recruited some athletes who have been good enough to overcome this lack of offense? Yes. But the coaching is not there.

Look at all of these other mid-majors in the tournament. They actually look like they know how to play basketball. No "deer in the headlights" looks. Just good basketball. You can go watch any Sun Belt game at the Cajundome and see the difference in offensive flow.

Tennessee was terrible. We should have won by 10.

Yep, we just won those 26 games by luck...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    With the portal these days, I’m not so sure a complete rebuild is a thing anymore.
    I think the portal helps reload instead of rebuilding. I'm not suggesting that athletes like Brown can be bought at our level, that was clearly a special relationship. But there are players like Lewis available in weaker conferences. A number of them do not receive stipends from their current programs. Do diligence is needed because you don't won't to add the wrong personality's to your own culture.

Good news if Marlin is here in 9 years we will get another ncaa run

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Yep, we just won those 26 games by luck...
    If you are happy with the production of the basketball team over the last 13 years then I can understand your complacency. I do not think the program has achieved very much over that time.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Just curious what you guys think? A yes or no answer is good enough. I don't need to know why.
    No

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    When the Cajuns made the tourney this year I was in the mindset of as long as Bob reaches the tournament consistently he can have a job here. After the game I thought back on the last 13 years and changed my mind. He has no business playing high level basketball. It has been the same thing for 13 years. His offensive scheme is non-existent. Even the announcers said it during the game. We throw the ball inside and everyone just stands around. It has been this way for 13 damn years. There's no flow, no motion, nothing to Bob's offense. Do I think Bob has recruited some athletes who have been good enough to overcome this lack of offense? Yes. But the coaching is not there.

Look at all of these other mid-majors in the tournament. They actually look like they know how to play basketball. No "deer in the headlights" looks. Just good basketball. You can go watch any Sun Belt game at the Cajundome and see the difference in offensive flow.

Tennessee was terrible. We should have won by 10.
    It was a winnable game, but Tennessee is no where close to terrible. Their defense is one of the best in the country

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    It was a winnable game, but Tennessee is no where close to terrible. Their defense is one of the best in the country
    Tennessee leads Duke 27-21 at halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Tennessee isn’t terrible. Not even close. Their defense is swarming and the best in the nation. They aren’t great on offense but looked “terrible” cause of our defense. But we can’t credit marlin and the coaching staff for that. By the way the great Duke is flustered as all get out vs this terrible Tennessee team. Y’all need to get a grip on reality.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    Tennessee leads Duke 27-21 at halftime.
    Goodness, Duke scored 2 more points in the first half against Tennessee than UL. Their coach must be horrible.

Is Tennessee a terrible team? No
    Was Tennessee terrible on Thursday? Yes

Hey if y'all are interested in mediocre basketball then you got your guy. I would like to see something more for this program.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Goodness, Duke scored 2 more points in the first half against Tennessee than UL. Their coach must be horrible.
    Why were they terrible on thursday?

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information