Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Default Re: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Let's try to get this thread back on track. Considering all 13 seasons that Marlin has been at UL would you bring him back next year? Yes or No? I will go first. No I would not bring him back.
    I understand what you’re saying but no one is going to make that change immediately after having a good season making the tourney. That discussion could have been merited after a couple of previous seasons but not now. In a what have you done for me lately world, he’s earned an extension

2. Default Re: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    I understand what you’re saying but no one is going to make that change immediately after having a good season making the tourney. That discussion could have been merited after a couple of previous seasons but not now. In a what have you done for me lately world, he’s earned an extension
    And that's why this conversation is misplaced. Timing matters.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    And that's why this conversation is misplaced. Timing matters.
    Who is worse the RPCA or the RebClub?

4. Default Re: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    It's exactly what we talked about. The thing that exacerbates this whole Marlin thing is the extreme factions on each side. The sycophants will sugar coat anything he fails at and the Big Fish'ers will dump on anything he accomplishes. It's the Tim Tebow effect.

We need more people who understand two things can be true at the same time: He has underachieved in several instances AND this year, he did a good job and earned his extension. Doesn't mean he gets a life time contract AND it doesn't mean he should be on a year to year contract with a base salary of potato chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Oh Man, that's too easy....

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    According to article they actually have 8 total, but all 5 starters off of a very good basketball team this year. That hurts, many of those 8 could end up at APU where the coach will be heading next year.

I watched a few of Nw State's games this year, they were a good team.
    They could if they follow their coach. Their leading scorer will be a grad transfer, so will AP have his program? Both he and another stater are transfers from Missouri State. They both can play.

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    Not in the Top 25

14-19 ( 2018 )
    4-14 ( Conf Play )

they were terrible…
    Yes, I'm aware they ended the season terribly. When the Cajuns played them earlier in the season, they were undefeated and receiving top 25 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Let's try to get this thread back on track. Considering all 13 seasons that Marlin has been at UL would you bring him back next year? Yes or No? I will go first. No I would not bring him back.
    The question is irrelevant at this point. But to answer your question, yes you bring him back unless he leaves for another job. The coaching fraternity is strong and letting a coach walk because you refuse to extend a coach that won his conference tournament, won 26 games and lost by 3pts. to a Sweat 16 team would be damaging to the program from a national perspective. That's the larger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The question is irrelevant at this point. But to answer your question, yes you bring him back unless he leaves for another job. The coaching fraternity is strong and letting a coach walk because you refuse to extend a coach that won his conference tournament, won 26 games and lost by 3pts. to a Sweat 16 team would be damaging to the program from a national perspective. That's the larger picture.
    Thank you.

Discussion over = End this Thread

11. Default Re: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Yep. Regardless of anything else, hands are tied.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Yep. Regardless of anything else, hands are tied.
    He earned his extension. Regardless if another three years will be less than stellar. Just like normal.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Discussion over = End this Thread
    This. Lock it down.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    "Two of these teams are no longer in our conference. UALR is in, well, no one cares. WKU left for cusa and by the way, finished 8th this year in a lesser conference."

Sorry, sounded like you were saying they were still in conference.
    Sorry, I see what you mean after re-reading it. I majored in the keg, not English!

Bull Hooey, If your scared to can the guy because he finally made his 3rd tourney appearance in 13 years, then stick to that. To say there isn't a soul in America who would take this job who could do anything with it because you hurt an old man's feelings by putting him into retirement a couple of years before he thought he should go is pure dog crap. The school won't can him because he meets their status quo. And to ask them to at this time is unreasonable.

But get this. I'm calling it now. Marley never sees another NCAA tournament the rest of his days unless he goes as announcer/analyst/assistant/fan/etc. He will never bring another basketball team to the NCAA tournament. And that is your fate as long as you hitch your plow to his wagon UL fan. So it was written. So it was done.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information