Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Default Re: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I’ll put it to you this way, if we played a more challenging schedule with “name teams”. Start the season .500 with wins over a Miss St or Tenn would garner more excitement than this crap we have seen for the last 13 years.

Plus it would help for seeding. All this soft schedule does is keep a mediocre coach around. Because the administration and blind loyalist can say well we won 20+ games.

We should win 20+ games with a SOS in the bottom 1/3 on D1 basketball. Padding the resume to keep getting extensions.

You are who you hang out with. That’s all I’m saying.
    I do believe Iowa was in the Top 25 when the Cajuns defeated them. I don't know where they finished, but I don't discount any Top 25 win at the time the game is played because the team finished outside of the Top 75 in RPI.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I do believe Iowa was in the Top 25 when the Cajuns defeated them. I don't know where they finished, but I don't discount any Top 25 win at the time the game is played because the team finished outside of the Top 75 in RPI.
    Iowa was hyped preseason but did not even make the post season in 17-18. Cajuns beat them in the Grand Caymen tournament. Was not ranked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–1...asketball_team

The one thing within our control besides Marlin's contract that I do agree with most posters on here is that we need to find a way to get some good OOC games (home/away). If we're in a one-bid league, might as well sharpen steel against some quality opponents like we did with Houston.

5. Default Re: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Also Hartford is transitioning to d3 over the next 2 seasons.

Also if Chicago state can’t find a conference they will transition as well. The MEAC turned them down last year. They were forced out of the WAC when the WAC chose to move to the SW.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Iowa was hyped preseason but did not even make the post season in 17-18. Cajuns beat them in the Grand Caymen tournament. Was not ranked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–1...asketball_team
    I knew they didn't finish the season well, but I thought they were either Top 25 or getting votes when we played them. Either way, his record against Quad 1 and Quad 2 programs is zero for 13 years. So, I don't dismiss that point as a few others have in defending him.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    The one thing within our control besides Marlin's contract that I do agree with most posters on here is that we need to find a way to get some good OOC games (home/away). If we're in a one-bid league, might as well sharpen steel against some quality opponents like we did with Houston.
    I believe we and the SBC are playing another conference next season in out of conference scheduling. Perhaps Jay or someone can discuss that agreement.

I’m not a huge Marlin fan, but Look what happened at NSU after their coach left. Their starting 5 entered the transfer portal. Marlin will have no problem finding another D1 job quickly after coming off a NCAA tournament team. I will admit, I have thought about it and changed my tune. He earned another year IMO, but we should always hold the standard of winning championships every year not every 5 years. I’m just a fan on a message board though what do I know?

Let's try to get this thread back on track. Considering all 13 seasons that Marlin has been at UL would you bring him back next year? Yes or No? I will go first. No I would not bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I believe we and the SBC are playing another conference next season in out of conference scheduling. Perhaps Jay or someone can discuss that agreement.
    MAC

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Let's try to get this thread back on track. Considering all 13 seasons that Marlin has been at UL would you bring him back next year? Yes or No? I will go first. No I would not bring him back.
    He met one of the 2 criteria he is expected to meet yearly. 2 year extension with a very very low buyout.

Regular season titles and tournament titles are the expectations. If you don’t meet them then you haven’t achieved the standard. Doesn’t mean you hadn’t had a good season. But the standard should be titles!

GAST has SIX in the portal FWIW.

It kinda feels like you have an agenda concerning all UL coaches minus the softball coach.

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    He met one of the 2 criteria he is expected to meet yearly. 2 year extension with a very very low buyout.

Regular season titles and tournament titles are the expectations. If you don’t meet them then you haven’t achieved the standard. Doesn’t mean you hadn’t had a good season. But the standard should be titles!
    With his body of work in the 13 years at UL would you bring him back?

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information