Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 23-24 Hoops

UL Basketball 23-24 Hoops

Like it or not, Marlin will be here next year. Assuming no transfers, the backcourt will stay intact. Fulks, Thomas, Garnett, Julien, Charles will be back. I think that’s a good group to build on. Lewis will graduate and Brown likely gone as well. Can Bob and this team win without Brown? What will next year look like?

Default Re: 23-24 Hoops

Can Kolby get back any quickness with a year of building strength and rehabbing the injury? That will be huge. He looked like he was dragging the injured leg at times this year.

As far as next year, to get me to renew season tickets, I want to see some moves with personnel. Not coaching, players. I want to see what we do to replace the guys leaving and even go to the extent of not renewing players that can be replaced with more talented players. Doing this will determine my level of support going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Like it or not, Marlin will be here next year. Assuming no transfers, the backcourt will stay intact. Fulks, Thomas, Garnett, Julien, Charles will be back. I think that’s a good group to build on. Lewis will graduate and Brown likely gone as well. Can Bob and this team win without Brown? What will next year look like?
    Something tells me we're going to see a big transformation from this team to next. I don't think that Brown, Williams and Lewis are the only ones to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Something tells me we're going to see a big transformation from this team to next. I don't think that Brown, Williams and Lewis are the only ones to leave.
    I hope you are right. See my post above.

Signed 2 guards that I know of...need to get some bigs big time

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Signed 2 guards that I know of...need to get some bigs big time
    Names of signees please....thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Names of signees please....thanks!
    London Fields – G, 6-4, 185, Tupelo, Miss. (Tupelo HS)
    Giovanni Nannucci – G, 6-4, 195, Greensboro, N.C. (South Guilford HS)

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    If Giovanni Nanucci's play is as good as his name, we are going dancing again

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    Doesn't UL have a committment from a highly thought of basketball recurit from Zachary HS?

To everyone thinking it’s a foregone conclusion that Brown is gone, I’d say not so fast my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    To everyone thinking it’s a foregone conclusion that Brown is gone, I’d say not so fast my friends.
    I hear yah!

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    None of us know for certain, but does he raise his draft value if he stays? The older you are, your value seems to decrease to the NBA unless you are a sure top 12 pick.

I like the little bit of video I have seen of Nanucci. Fields looks solid also. Chancellor White looked like he had some good skills when he played early in the season, just looked like a true freshman making Freshman mistakes as well. For those that weren’t watching early in the year he lost his spot in the rotation once Julien started playing in conference play. Also Kyran Ratliff was redshirting this season. Think we was ranked #235 nationally by 247 in class of 22. With the rotation of Brown,Lewis,Charles, and Richards staying relatively healthy all year probably smart to keep the redshirt on.

I of course think Brown is most likely to move on. I have wondered if Kobe will decide to move on early at some point, remember he was a 5th year sophomore this season, but after last night he sure looks like he has more in the tank than he did all year. I also hate to say it but I think Fulks may get some interest from some High major schools with the numbers he put up this year and 2 years of eligibility left. That isn’t a knock on the coaching staff or Themus, just NIL money talks and that is the age we live in. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side, just ask Theo Awkuba.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Doesn't UL have a committment from a highly thought of basketball recurit from Zachary HS?
    Yes, if he signs. Both of the signees are not pure point guards. The depth at that position is questionable at best.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information