Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: 23-24 Hoops

Default Re: 23-24 Hoops

Pas bon. Pt guard - please apply.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    I bet we make a run at Thomas Howell of ULM. Recruited him hard out of high school and he would be a good big to add.
    Looks like Howell has found a new home but will be staying in the Sunbelt. He has committed to South AL.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    540 players currently in the transfer portal. Absurd

Make that 1K plus. That’s over half of starting positions out there.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2023/04/nca...arship-players

44 from the Sun Belt.

Any news on Coach Marlin's contract? Are we looking at 3-4 years? More money for assistants?

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Any news on Coach Marlin's contract? Are we looking at 3-4 years? More money for assistants?
    Nothing public, but think it may be 1-2 years. Just speculation on my part at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    Nothing public, but think it may be 1-2 years. Just speculation on my part at this point.
    He automatically gets one year for this year’s NCAA tournament appearance, so there’s that.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    He automatically gets one year for this year’s NCAA tournament appearance, so there’s that.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    44 from the Sun Belt.
    Are there any Cajun players currently in the transfer portal?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    Are there any Cajun players currently in the transfer portal?
    Fulks is still officially listed. He has tweeted he is coming back and Coach Marlin said in press conference he has told him he is coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Fulks is still officially listed. He has tweeted he is coming back and Coach Marlin said in press conference he has told him he is coming back.
    Marlin still didn't seem that confident in it when talking. I still do not believe that Fulks is 100% coming back. And him still being in portal, goes to that.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Marlin still didn't seem that confident in it when talking. I still do not believe that Fulks is 100% coming back. And him still being in portal, goes to that.
    I agree. I don’t know what the process is of officially withdrawing a name and if so how well that is tracked on sites like Verbal Commits. I would say with he name still out there he is still getting contacted. I also think part of the quick turnaround saying he was staying had to do with it maybe not being so easy to be immediately eligible as it was originally thought to be for those in his situation.

Fulks is a 4-2-4....under new transfer rules, since he already signed 2x with 4 yr.....he would have to sit out a year to transfer a 3rd time.

Makes it much safer for Marlin to sign as many transfers as possible from 4yr schools or from JC transfers that started career at 4 yr schools. In an odd twist safer to sign these 4-2-4 players to plan long term than freshmen.

A good # of football and baseball players are 4-2-4.

Baseball in general is notorious for oversigning then farming roster cuts to JCs after fall camp.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    I don’t have any sources, but his Twitter page is nothing but retweets of our basketball team tweets from the last couple of weeks
    Looks like Brandon Hardy did sign yesterday

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread Information