Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 23-24 Hoops

Default Re: 23-24 Hoops

Consistency at guard position is needed, however it’s obtained.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Sports are a great thing for kids to learn good life lessons; this kind of thing makes me wonder if we are still headed in the right direction.
    When parents are financially invested in their kids playing whatever sport, the myopic view of this will pay for their spawn’s college (or worse, get them a pro deal) often overrides common sense. Parents constantly riding the kid about either how great they are or they have to get better. And society reinforces it, such as the AT&T commercial spoofing Kentucky this weekend.

A former soccer coach told me this after two opposing female players got red carded for engaging each other in a high school game decades ago. You can take the smartest, skilled top flight player, but for whatever reason, put them in a high school uniform, sometimes they get plain stupid. In time, I’ve learned he is 100% right.

Playing club sports is in a bubble. High school, the world is watching and has expectations along with mom and dad…who have been telling people how good their kid is.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    We need 2 more guards unless Marlin thinks the freshman can play right away. If Garnett is in the starting backcourt with Fulks mid-year, that will be failure. I agree with need another forward as Richards is not reliable. The word is Ratliff will be able to help alot next year. He can step out and shoot the 3 as well.
    The coaching staff is very high on Nannuci(sp?) and figure him to be an immediate impact player.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    We have guards...forwards is what we need, 6'8 225 lbs, runs like a deer, and not affraid to pick the garbage up...and has a nice 15 foot J...
    Every team is looking for those type of players.

No kidding...

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    If Brown comes back, I would think we should consider a guard or two in the portal to try to make a deep run.
    https://howlraiser.com/2023/03/20/th...is-a-slow-tale

I bet we make a run at Thomas Howell of ULM. Recruited him hard out of high school and he would be a good big to add.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    We have guards...forwards is what we need, 6'8 225 lbs, runs like a deer, and not affraid to pick the garbage up...and has a nice 15 foot J...
    We have guards; but I don't think they were our strong suit. We could use someone who can create their own shot off the dribble.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    I bet we make a run at Thomas Howell of ULM. Recruited him hard out of high school and he would be a good big to add.
    I thought the same thing. I also think Curry and Savrasov will help someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    The coaching staff is very high on Nannuci(sp?) and figure him to be an immediate impact player.
    Foreign players are often more ready to contribute quickly than some American guys. Maybe because they grow up quicker having seen so much of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I thought the same thing. I also think Curry and Savrasov will help someone.
    Although not a SBC player, Shumate of McNeese is in the portal and will help someone. He is an outstanding rebounder. I don't know why he would not want to play for Will Wade or why Wade would not want him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Although not a SBC player, Shumate of McNeese is in the portal and will help someone. He is an outstanding rebounder. I don't know why he would not want to play for Will Wade or why Wade would not want him.
    Character?

Even more the reason to want him; he is an outstanding rebounder as you mentioned.

The Georgia schools have 9 players in portal, 5 for Georgia Southern and 4 for Georgia State.

Nanucci’s dad is an immigrant. Gio was born here.

540 players currently in the transfer portal. Absurd

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information