Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Recognition, Notoriety, and Prestige!?

Default Re: Recognition, Notoriety, and Prestige!?

I like the L, but what's weird is LSU is starting to release merch with solely an L on it (I think a callback to a retro baseball jersey). Also, their players/coaches are starting to make an L with their hands as their gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I like the L, but what's weird is LSU is starting to release merch with solely an L on it (I think a callback to a retro baseball jersey). Also, their players/coaches are starting to make an L with their hands as their gesture.
    Dad went there pre WW2. His beanie has an “L” on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I came up with this L and I think it fits with the current L font that we currently use, now it is not professional. If you clean it up I think it would look great. Here it is trust me I have looked at alot of logos and alot of L's and I think this one fits the best. It can interchange from red to white, either way. Think of this like a secondary logo. Like the A for Arkansas, or F for Florida, or A for Arizona. Or the O for Oregon
    Attachment 17413
    Attachment 17414
    Attachment 17415
    L for Loss

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …WISH/HOPE that you are right ……… but wonder what the scoreboards at McN, S east, etc will refer to us as? The name is the last differential that puts us ahead of all the UL system’s schools…..next is P-5 status…..it has to be our goal and destination!
    Geaux Boomer!

If they are doing it all it means that it works. We need to be doing the same thing. Only difference is that we are Louisiana they are Louisiana State.

I think Texas, LSU, Arkansas is better at marketing then we are? If they are coming out with merch with an L we should be coming out with merch with an L. We are the one with the name!

If Louisiana was a P-5 school or in the SEC what would that look like? It would look like it did on CBS. What kind of signage would we use, jerseys, marketing etc.?

See we have to get out of this small time thinking and start thinking differently. I like Ragin Cajuns and it is unique, but we need something that establishes us as Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …WISH/HOPE that you are right ……… but wonder what the scoreboards at McN, S east, etc will refer to us as? The name is the last differential that puts us ahead of all the UL system’s schools…..next is P-5 status…..it has to be our goal and destination!
    That will take another decade or so to achieve…if ever. But the war is over.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    That is a moot point as we are Louisiana nationally. I think moving to an L on the branding side would be very forward thinking.

8. Default Re: Recognition, Notoriety, and Prestige!?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    L for Loss
    L for Leader

…See we have to get out of this small time thinking and start thinking differently. I like Ragin Cajuns and it is unique, but we need something that establishes us as Louisiana.
    Amen

LA looks to much like Los Angeles to me, L’siana, I mean I can look at that and say that’s Louisiana.

Try to think how else would you abbreviate it and automatically know that’s Louisiana?

There is no other way except for LA, or L’ana, Louana, L’iana, Losiana, Louis(Louisville). I mean nothing else works
    L’siana just looks….strange. LA is Louisiana’s abbreviation. If people follow sports they would know LA is short for Louisiana. Wouldn’t confuse it with Los Angeles cause the only L.A. teams in the field are usc and ucla. Jmo

11. Default Re: Recognition, Notoriety, and Prestige!?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    L for Leader
    …..Just a note on hand/finger signs……LSU uses the thumb and index finger to make an L…….now they steal even our L which is just Louisiana!

I think if LSU is doing the L it shouldn’t matter when it comes to us. It makes more sense for us to use it then them.

I think we can marketed it better and establish it. LSU already has there signage, they ain’t switching to a L any time soon. I still think mine is better, a block L wouldn’t match our style anyway.

Name:  B291B28A-9391-4424-91D4-100D1E3DF961.jpeg
Views: 227
Size:  7.9 KB

I love seeing Louisiana on the scoreboard and on CBS, and having these commentators talking and saying Louisiana. I really think us winning the name battle has already done wonders for this University.

If we can be successful in Football, Basketball, Baseball, and Softball etc. we can really become a household name like Mississippi St. or Oklahoma St..

We won the name battle we just got to handle our business on the field!
    Yep I could just hear the lame-ass a&m@br fan with the equally lame-ass

I didn’t know Louisville was playing.

14. Default Re: Recognition, Notoriety, and Prestige!?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Serious question, and I’ll be the bad guy to ask it.

If the anchors of this team don’t return, what’s the key purpose of retaining Coach Marlin at this stage of the game for the price tag?

A year ago it was time for him to go. Does one tournament appearance, where again we are one and done, seriously buy him 3+ more years?
    What kind of coach can we get after winning the tournament, placing 3rd in regular season just a game back and not getting a new deal? Not much without lots of Benjamins.

I’m not saying you’re wrong about Marlin, but you better have your replacement in line with the circumstances.

If I had to name some I would totally go after Austin Claunch from Nicholls State, or Robert Jones from Norfolk State.

Personally I would go after Austin Claunch he is 32 so he is young.

I like Marlin though he runs a clean program, that has to count for something and he has made it to the tournament.

I expect football to go to a bowl game every year, I would expect the softball and baseball to make it to a regional, and basketball to make the NCAA tournament every 4 to 5 yrs.

That’s the level of expectation I have for our coaches.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information