Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Recognition, Notoriety, and Prestige!?

1. Default Re: Recognition, Notoriety, and Prestige!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I love seeing Louisiana on the scoreboard and on CBS, and having these commentators talking and saying Louisiana. I really think us winning the name battle has already done wonders for this University.

If we can be successful in Football, Basketball, Baseball, and Softball etc. we can really become a household name like Mississippi St. or Oklahoma St..

We won the name battle we just got to handle our business on the field!
    ……..lWe have NOT WON the name war…..we still battle for it and we have definitely made some progress….we must understand how detrimental it is to the schools that hate us…..just check out what we are referred to on their scoreboards and message types…..in fact there will probably be more law suits down the line……so let’s for the present just type LOUISIANA and some UL….they hate us guys!

Default Re: Recognition, Notoriety, and Prestige!?

also the small ticker in the upper right corner had L’SIANA

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    also the small ticker in the upper right corner had L’SIANA
    I actually like it!! Better then Louis or anything else I can think of. It is like Tenn, or Bama, Zona, etc.

I mean we cannot use UL, many university just abbreviate the name, like Ark, Bama, Fla, name it none of them use UA, or UT, or UA, UF, they just abbreviate the state. You may see a UT or UF but it is rarely used .

I mean Ragin Cajuns, or the FDL is nice I really like the FDL, but we really need to use just an L not UL. That would be the three we only use for branding. We have to think Oregon, Arkansas, Texas etc.

Oregon O is iconic

We are UL (insert hand sign) and Louisiana! It’s important to be consistent with our athletic branding.

I’ve lost hope the AA and academic university will be consistent with athletics. We can win the name battle internally if the AA will, at least, use UL and Louisiana in emails and advertising for athletic events.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ……..lWe have NOT WON the name war…..we still battle for it and we have definitely made some progress….we must understand how detrimental it is to the schools that hate us…..just check out what we are referred to on their scoreboards and message types…..in fact there will probably be more law suits down the line……so let’s for the present just type LOUISIANA and some UL….they hate us guys!
    War is over, Boom. Louisiana is the victor.

6. Default Re: Recognition, Notoriety, and Prestige!?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    War is over, Boom. Louisiana is the victor.
    …WISH/HOPE that you are right ……… but wonder what the scoreboards at McN, S east, etc will refer to us as? The name is the last differential that puts us ahead of all the UL system’s schools…..next is P-5 status…..it has to be our goal and destination!

In time the benefit of R-1 status will influence perception, providing academics quits living on pins and needles over “at Lafayette”. They live in a Newspeak world.

I came up with this L and I think it fits with the current L font that we currently use, now it is not professional. If you clean it up I think it would look great. Here it is trust me I have looked at alot of logos and alot of L's and I think this one fits the best. It can interchange from red to white, either way. Think of this like a secondary logo. Like the A for Arkansas, or F for Florida, or A for Arizona. Or the O for Oregon
    Name:  stock-vector-letter-l-black-letters-flower-beautiful-capital-alphabet-1701523471.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  91.7 KB
    Name:  s-l300.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  109.6 KB
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  106.8 KB

9. Default Re: Recognition, Notoriety, and Prestige!?

Love it.

Can you try one where the thin vertical shadow line maintains the same gap (and doesn't touch) at the base?

Just a thought.

Like this? Honestly this looks better. Good call.
    Name:  stock-vector-letter-l-black-letters-flower-beautiful-capital-alphabet-1701523471 - Copy.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  91.8 KBAttachment 17417

This will totally give my fanaticism away. I use to create logos for NCAA football the game and thought if Louisiana was a LSU, or Alabama what would that look like so I create these logos.

I love our logo’s but we need something else to have a big time P-5 feel. So I always try to create something that had that look.

I love the Ragin Cajun logo but feels small time, I like the FDL better, but we need to step it up, and a lot people don’t like it because it is copying the Saints. We need to dictate who we are I think something like that would be a step in the right direction.

Trust me I have looked and mess with it countless hours.

Total Nerd!!! I know

I use 3D paint so it is not a real hat. All I did was match the color with that logo. That L probably could be thicker, but seriously that hat looks just as good as Florida, Arkansas, Texas, Clemson etc. do I need to go on? Don’t reinvent the wheel, stick to what works! Keep it simple.
    Name:  1E22D9E3-882D-4A76-9798-BCD3880B9969.jpeg
Views: 275
Size:  18.8 KB
    Name:  A82C58E9-626E-4447-9E52-82E36FC3EC12.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  79.5 KB
    Name:  D8C18FBF-E5DB-42A9-93AD-F4D7B4641009.jpeg
Views: 296
Size:  11.8 KB
    Name:  A69DC6A7-7B90-4985-AA3B-82C4D45B1D83.jpeg
Views: 275
Size:  12.6 KB
    Name:  6E2EA89C-BDF7-400A-A51D-23F8850A81A3.jpeg
Views: 277
Size:  12.4 KB

My question is if cbs is abbreviating names on the ticker why not just use LA? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    My question is if cbs is abbreviating names on the ticker why not just use LA? Lol
    LA looks to much like Los Angeles to me, L’siana, I mean I can look at that and say that’s Louisiana.

Try to think how else would you abbreviate it and automatically know that’s Louisiana?

There is no other way except for LA, or L’ana, Louana, L’iana, Losiana, Louis(Louisville). I mean nothing else works

15. Default Re: Recognition, Notoriety, and Prestige!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    LA looks to much like Los Angeles to me, L’siana, I mean I can look at that and say that’s Louisiana.

Try to think how else would you abbreviate it and automatically know that’s Louisiana?

There is no other way except for LA, or L’ana, Louana, L’iana, Losiana, Louis(Louisville). I mean nothing else works
    Unless the whole word is spelled out, "LA" is on every envelope and or package that comes in or goes out of Louisiana.

I like your L though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information