Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Recognition, Notoriety, and Prestige!?

Default Recognition, Notoriety, and Prestige!?

I love seeing Louisiana on the scoreboard and on CBS, and having these commentators talking and saying Louisiana. I really think us winning the name battle has already done wonders for this University.

If we can be successful in Football, Basketball, Baseball, and Softball etc. we can really become a household name like Mississippi St. or Oklahoma St..

We won the name battle we just got to handle our business on the field!

Default Re: Recognition, Notoriety, and Prestige!?

I agree 100%…last night was a huge opportunity to take it further but we just came up short.

Let hope Jordan Brown comes back so we can do this again next year!

How many players do we have returning next year ?

Who is coming back next year?

Serious question, and I’ll be the bad guy to ask it.

If the anchors of this team don’t return, what’s the key purpose of retaining Coach Marlin at this stage of the game for the price tag?

A year ago it was time for him to go. Does one tournament appearance, where again we are one and done, seriously buy him 3+ more years?

Kenny Smith to Charles Barkley at halftime, can the Cajuns win? Barkley "No"....that was pretty funny and the highlight of my night was hearing those legends talking about us. I felt the same way as Barkley after the way we played in the first half.

It was also very revealing what the commentators said about our guards just standing around 5 minutes into the game. With that said nothing for this team to be upset about, they gave it their all, we just didn't have the backcourt talent to go far at this level in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Whether or not he comes back, we need SHOOTERS.

We need better Guard play and better shooters for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Whether or not he comes back, we need SHOOTERS.
    We need players who can dribble into the paint and score. Need to create shots in the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    Kenny Smith to Charles Barkley at halftime, can the Cajuns win? Barkley "No"....that was pretty funny and the highlight of my night was hearing those legends talking about us. I felt the same way as Barkley after the way we played in the first half.

It was also very revealing what the commentators said about our guards just standing around 5 minutes into the game. With that said nothing for this team to be upset about, they gave it their all, we just didn't have the backcourt talent to go far at this level in the tournament.
    "Revealing"???....How are y'all just seeing this? This has been a problem in the half court offense for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by STPacronym View Post
    "Revealing"???....How are y'all just seeing this? This has been a problem in the half court offense for a long time.
    Most of us know it, just stating it was revealing that the commentators noticed it within 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Serious question, and I’ll be the bad guy to ask it.

If the anchors of this team don’t return, what’s the key purpose of retaining Coach Marlin at this stage of the game for the price tag?

A year ago it was time for him to go. Does one tournament appearance, where again we are one and done, seriously buy him 3+ more years?
    I think there was basically an understanding between the administration and Marlin stating that he would be brought back if he won the regular season or won the conference tournament. Don't think it mattered who returned. It was more of a reward for that success.

No! It shouldnt buy him three more days but the university will give him a new contract cause the optics of firing your HC after winning the SBC tourney and make it to the dance is not a good look. The time to fire him was last year. Now were stuck!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information