Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Recognition, Notoriety, and Prestige!?

Default Re: Recognition, Notoriety, and Prestige!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    If I had to name some I would totally go after Austin Claunch from Nicholls State, or Robert Jones from Norfolk State.

Personally I would go after Austin Claunch he is 32 so he is young.

I like Marlin though he runs a clean program, that has to count for something and he has made it to the tournament.

I expect football to go to a bowl game every year, I would expect the softball and baseball to make it to a regional, and basketball to make the NCAA tournament every 4 to 5 yrs.

That’s the level of expectation I have for our coaches.
    Marlin and his staff did their jobs this season well. With that said, averaging 6th place in conference in the next four years like we saw from 2019-2022 is not going to cut it. It’s imperative to maintain a level of competitiveness in this league.

If I had to name some I would totally go after Austin Claunch from Nicholls State, or Robert Jones from Norfolk State.

Personally I would go after Austin Claunch he is 32 so he is young.

I like Marlin though he runs a clean program, that has to count for something and he has made it to the tournament.

I expect football to go to a bowl game every year, I would expect the softball and baseball to make it to a regional, and basketball to make the NCAA tournament every 4 to 5 yrs.

That’s the level of expectation I have for our coaches.
    I’m in the corner of absolutely no to any coach vested in the Louisiana LASAR retirement system. Don’t care if they’re the next John Wooden. We have enough of those “getting to retirement surfers” here, just look at their multiple “meh” resumes.

If you feel otherwise, do your own research.

I did the L in red and it was way harder to do it in that then anything I have tried. Use your imagination, if it was cleaned up the red L would look great.

Trust me the University needs to consider this L.Name:  stock-vector-letter-l-black-letters-flower-beautiful-capital-alphabet-17015234711.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  83.6 KB

Name:  images (5).jpg
Views: 282
Size:  26.3 KB

Name:  images (4).jpg
Views: 290
Size:  7.6 KB

4. Default Re: Recognition, Notoriety, and Prestige!?

I did the L in red and it was way harder to do it in that then anything I have tried. Use your imagination, if it was cleaned up the red L would look great.

Trust me the University needs to consider this L.Name:  stock-vector-letter-l-black-letters-flower-beautiful-capital-alphabet-17015234711.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  83.6 KB

Name:  images (5).jpg
Views: 282
Size:  26.3 KB

Name:  images (4).jpg
Views: 290
Size:  7.6 KB
    ……Well how about the Cooking oil Lou’Anna??? I can just see Dan McD saying this!

if we were going with just an L why not use the silhouette of the state itself, maybe with a small fdl where we are located

Jesus, guys the fleur de lis is perfect for hats. Right now we have the most iconic jerseys in every sport. The baseball and softball uniforms should never change from what we have today. They are timeless classics. Football is right up there too! The only adjustment would be the script Cajuns instead of the stacked.

We don’t need to reinvent anything. The Louisiana brand has been achieved. Now let our uniforms stabilize and match the brand. We’ve seriously never had better combinations across all sports than we do now.

Just need to keep winning and continue to build the perception of winning programs.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Jesus, guys the fleur de lis is perfect for hats. Right now we have the most iconic jerseys in every sport. The baseball and softball uniforms should never change from what we have today. They are timeless classics. Football is right up there too! The only adjustment would be the script Cajuns instead of the stacked.

We don’t need to reinvent anything. The Louisiana brand has been achieved. Now let our uniforms stabilize and match the brand. We’ve seriously never had better combinations across all sports than we do now.

Just need to keep winning and continue to build the perception of winning programs.
    Good post!

Look I agree! It wouldn’t be getting rid of or replacing any of our logos. I would do it as a Secondary logo. If they did do it

Like Texas, Florida, Arkansas etc.

Was noticing over the last few weekend’s baseball has almost gotten completely away from LOUISIANA and of course for a few years now the interlocking UL, that Toney used on the hats, from the uniforms. I personally prefer the old hats that Robe used and like LOUISIANA across the chest at least once a weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Was noticing over the last few weekend’s baseball has almost gotten completely away from LOUISIANA and of course for a few years now the interlocking UL, that Toney used on the hats, from the uniforms. I personally prefer the old hats that Robe used and like LOUISIANA across the chest at least once a weekend.
    Amen to this! Look the L is compliant with the LSU Rule, if you notice it is 2 L’s if you they want to get technical, but we all know it’s just 1. I was thinking that and some how tried to incorporate that into the logo.

Look the three logos that should be used is Ragin Cajuns, FDL, and the L we can throw the script Cajuns also. That is it.

In some cases the university needs to display the name, and the Ragin Cajuns logo is overly used.

Great we have a awesome nickname, but sometimes you should use the name of the university.

I feel like we are Ole Miss not using Rebels. I feel like we go out of way not to use UL, or Louisiana etc.

Well this way we can and we shouldn’t be ashamed or feel like we are hiding something or fear of a lawsuit from the great satan 50 miles East

This. We’ve been “rebranding” it seems almost non-stop since late 90s. We are now “Louisiana” or “Ragin Cajuns” for vast majority of NCAA programs and national media. Let’s keep what we have and focus on winning conference championships and beyond.

12. Default Re: Recognition, Notoriety, and Prestige!?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …WISH/HOPE that you are right ……… but wonder what the scoreboards at McN, S east, etc will refer to us as? The name is the last differential that puts us ahead of all the UL system’s schools…..next is P-5 status…..it has to be our goal and destination!
    What the haters put on their scoreboards isn’t worth an arched eyebrow. Louisiana is ours and growing every year.

This right here. Just get rid of stacked ragin cajuns and go back to script and leave everything else alone.

14. Default Re: Recognition, Notoriety, and Prestige!?

Amen to this! Look the L is compliant with the LSU Rule, if you notice it is 2 L’s if you they want to get technical, but we all know it’s just 1. I was thinking that and some how tried to incorporate that into the logo.

Look the three logos that should be used is Ragin Cajuns, FDL, and the L we can throw the script Cajuns also. That is it.

In some cases the university needs to display the name, and the Ragin Cajuns logo is overly used.

Great we have a awesome nickname, but sometimes you should use the name of the university.

I feel like we are Ole Miss not using Rebels. I feel like we go out of way not to use UL, or Louisiana etc.
    All who (Ragin' Cajuns) and no where (Louisiana) leads you nowhere.

Especially egregious since Louisiana qualifies as who and where.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    All who (Ragin' Cajuns) and no where (Louisiana) leads you nowhere.

Especially egregious since Louisiana qualifies as who and where.
    This is the result of our fatally flawed branding hierarchy. The university has stated that we push Ragin Cajuns First, the FDL second and Louisiana third. That list is backwards, and always has been.

Look, I love "Ragin Cajuns" as much as the next guy, but it's time to grow a set.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information