Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bama Softball

UL Softball Bama Softball

The sky is falling all over. Not just here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth.bd7f6f6e&ei=44

Default Re: Bama Softball

Jessica Mullens is an elite pitcher. She and TX state are going to make winning the Belt very tough on us. Glad we are playing them here this season, along with the conference tournament.

Life after Bailey. It was bound to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    The sky is falling all over. Not just here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth.bd7f6f6e&ei=44
    You think it's as bad at Louisiana as it is at Alabama? The Tide has one pitcher. Well, one and a half if you count Kilfoyl who is coming back from surgery.
    The Cajuns have six pitchers. Not one as good as Montana, but still, six pitchers. Come post-season, Montana will have thrown over 200 innings. The most any Cajun pitcher will have thrown is about half that. I'll take six fresh arms against one tired arm any day.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    You think it's as bad at Louisiana as it is at Alabama? The Tide has one pitcher. Well, one and a half if you count Kilfoyl who is coming back from surgery.
    The Cajuns have six pitchers. Not one as good as Montana, but still, six pitchers. Come post-season, Montana will have thrown over 200 innings. The most any Cajun pitcher will have thrown is about half that. I'll take six fresh arms against one tired arm any day.
    Kilfoyl transferred from Alabama to OK State. While Alabama might not be a top-5 team right now, there are many programs who would gladly trade problems with them.

The transfer portal has hurt them recently, for sure, but the panic button seems a little far-fetched at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Jessica Mullens is an elite pitcher. She and TX state are going to make winning the Belt very tough on us. Glad we are playing them here this season, along with the conference tournament.
    She's like 2-4 vs Louisiana.

She's a good pitcher, no doubt. I think she's far from elite, though.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    She's like 2-4 vs Louisiana.

She's a good pitcher, no doubt. I think she's far from elite, though.
    She isn't elite. At the end of the year she will have a tired arm.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    Kilfoyl transferred from Alabama to OK State. While Alabama might not be a top-5 team right now, there are many programs who would gladly trade problems with them.

The transfer portal has hurt them recently, for sure, but the panic button seems a little far-fetched at this point.
    Dang! Don't know what I was thinking. I know Kilfoyl is now at Oklahoma State. For some reason, I was thinking she transferred from Oklahoma State to Alabama. I'm getting older.
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    She isn't elite. At the end of the year she will have a tired arm.
    Last year Mullins threw 241 innings. The second pitcher on the team, threw 41.

I was at the conference tournament in Mobile. At the end, she had nothing left. Her arm was dead. In the championship game against the Cajuns, she gave up 11 hits and the Cajuns won 7-1.

Looks like she's going to be overused this year, just like last year.

Last year Mullins threw 241 innings. The second pitcher on the team, through 41.

I was at the conference tournament in Mobile. At the end, she had nothing left. Her arm was dead. In the championship game against the Cajuns, she gave up 11 hits and the Cajuns won 7-1.

Looks like she's going to be overused this year, just like last year.
    Yep

I think people who think the sky is falling at Alabama are related to some folks here.

I think people who think the sky is falling at Alabama are related to some folks here.
    If anything, we are off to a much better start this year. Maybe not record wise (it's close), but in terms of navigating a much tougher schedule. This time last year, we had already dropped a home game to a bad Georgia State team already and were set to lose to Texas x 2 and another to a bad Georgia Southern team in next week.

I was nervous at this point last year. Not so much this year.

Now sweep Southern Miss.

My friends, as I type the RPI of Louisiana Softball is 15; we are currently 18-9, which on the face of it might look troublesome, but our SOS this year is in single digits, currently at 6. Add in the 5 remaining non conference games vs top 100 RPI programs, and an astounding 18 conference games against top 100 teams. Of those 23 games, 9 are against top 50 teams. The SBC has become the SEC light, in terms of building RPI by playing in conference. Even better, The worst in conference RPI we play [JMU] is currently at 151 and will be a more favorable number than that by year end.

I, like everyone else, am unhappy with our 2-9 record vs top 25 teams. but that 16-0 record vs everyone else is pretty gaudy, particularly the 9-0 vs 26-100. AND, only 2 of the remaining games are against RPI 1-25, though Texas State may get there before we play them.

The sky is not falling here.

Which explains why they live in Tuscalousas.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    My friends, as I type the RPI of Louisiana Softball is 15; we are currently 18-9, which on the face of it might look troublesome, but our SOS this year is in single digits, currently at 6. Add in the 5 remaining non conference games vs top 100 RPI programs, and an astounding 18 conference games against top 100 teams. Of those 23 games, 9 are against top 50 teams. The SBC has become the SEC light, in terms of building RPI by playing in conference. Even better, The worst in conference RPI we play [JMU] is currently at 151 and will be a more favorable number than that by year end.

I, like everyone else, am unhappy with our 2-9 record vs top 25 teams. but that 16-0 record vs everyone else is pretty gaudy, particularly the 9-0 vs 26-100. AND, only 2 of the remaining games are against RPI 1-25, though Texas State may get there before we play them.

The sky is not falling here.
    The rpi average for our 9 loses is 7.5 That should go a long way come post season time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information