Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB NCAA Final: Louisiana 55, Tennessee 58

Default Re: #13 Louisiana vs. #4 Tennessee

Thanks for the update! Hella good news

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    1-3-1 can give you fits for sure, but if you can hit your outside shots you can get them out of it extremely quickly. If you are not hitting your outside shots it can be serious trouble.
    Back in the Bo Lamar era, Coach Shipley always played a 1-3-1 defense. Bisbano played under the basket, Enron in the middle and Lamar at the top of the key in perfect position for fast breaks. Damn, we were good back then. Used to get to Blackham 2 hours before the game to get a seat and watch warmups.

Well, FWIW, watching Maryland playing 5v8. One of their studs has 2 PF in less than 3 minutes to start the game. May foul out at least 3 players.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Texas state switched to a 1-3-1 with their smallest player(Harrell)on the floor playing under the basket and it gave us fits…
    I just think the only way we win no matter what is if we shoot lights out from outside. And them getting in a 1-3-1 would help us see more open looks. I agree if we don’t shoot it well it will give us problems….but if we don’t shoot we’ll from outside we don’t win no matter what they play.

Hoop it up!
    5 hours and counting!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    I just think the only way we win no matter what is if we shoot lights out from outside. And them getting in a 1-3-1 would help us see more open looks. I agree if we don’t shoot it well it will give us problems….but if we don’t shoot we’ll from outside we don’t win no matter what they play.
    i agree, the guards will all have to have big games and shoot 3's exceptionally well, also we will need help from the bench as in points and minutes, as well as shoot free throws at an exceptional clip, something like 85% at least to give them a chance at the end.

To Beat a 1-3-1...Push the ball...Use Ball Reversals,(make the zone move), use a high post, great spacing, flatten out the zone by moving the ball to the corners, work the ball inside, out, inside, out, dribble or pass, overload zone, skip pass the ball out to open shooter...And as Dave Chappel (as Prince...) demanded, "shoot the J! Shoot it!....

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    You can also overload the zone to one side, skip pass out to the weak side for the open J...
    We don't need schemes. We have.........VOODOO!!!!!
    BRB

4 hours till tip....time to head to the arena...

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Gotta get in transition and get some easy buckets. Shooting will be key for sure but getting out on the break on some misses or turnovers can get us some cheap points with the defense not set.

Brad Boyd y'all need to give my man Eric some legroom on that couch. That was cool, good on KLFY and Faust for having that Cajun MBB coverage.

12. Default Re: #13 Louisiana vs. #4 Tennessee

Down to the real questions, anyone know if the guys are wearing vermilion tonight? Or will it be the dreaded not-school-color-black?!

We can wear blue for all I care, as long as we win!

It's 6:33

Let's Geaux.

What y’all drinkin?

Let’s Go L’siana!

I might have started a lil' bi6 to early

Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information