Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB NCAA Final: Louisiana 55, Tennessee 58

Default Re: GAME ON: Louisiana vs. Tennessee

Looks like Bob Marlin will be back next year according to a USA Today reporter.

https://twitter.com/ByBerkowitz/stat...LCa-mWj2g&s=19

Default Re: Bobby Ball

It’s crazy to me that people are so anxious to defend a coach that they will swear he was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for a game while picking apart the performance of the players. Even the announcers commented on the thing UL fans have been saying for 13 years now: we stand around on offense way too frequently. That’s a coached habit that will continue to plague us going forward. Not saying that lost us the game tonight. It didn’t, but I will also stop short of saying Bob Marlin is above criticism.

3. Default Re: GAME ON: Louisiana vs. Tennessee

Any shot Jordan Brown returns next year?

This team fought hard for each other all year long. Bob Marlin will get an extension, and I said all year long it would absolutely be deserved for winning a title. As a Cajuns fan, teams that fight like this one did will always be deserving of my money.

At the very least, a win would give us another couple days of name police meltdowns.

6. Default Re: Bobby Ball

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    It’s crazy to me that people are so anxious to defend a coach that they will swear he was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for a game while picking apart the performance of the players. Even the announcers commented on the thing UL fans have been saying for 13 years now: we stand around on offense way too frequently. That’s a coached habit that will continue to plague us going forward. Not saying that lost us the game tonight. It didn’t, but I will also stop short of saying Bob Marlin is above criticism.
    …..Missed the tech foul free throw possible situation….can somebody explain why Coach was so upset and what happened?

Default Re: The epitome of a Marlin coached team....NO DISCIPLINE

Quote Originally Posted by cajunation23 View Post
    I been watching Cajuns basketball since the Blackham days. I quit watching Marlin 3 years ago. And he is still here!?!?! A joke....This used to be a basketball college.....We are a laughing stock.....Completely SAD!!!
    GTFO

8. Default Re: Bobby Ball

We should’ve won this game. Plain and simple. Tennessee played exactly like the team we thought they’d be without a PG. They practically tried to hand us the game in the first half but we couldn’t make a shot. Proud of the effort to come back, but we missed another opportunity to get a win on a big stage. Disappointing.

This team fought hard for each other all year long. Bob Marlin will get an extension, and I said all year long it would absolutely be deserved for winning a title. As a Cajuns fan, teams that fight like this one did will always be deserving of my money.
    And if he gets an extension, let's say for 5 years, then there will be 4 years of .500 basketball, or worse, followed by the last year winning a weak Sunbelt Conference title and possibility going to the big dance and getting another extension. Time to cut ties and move on. I'll grant you this, this was a fun team to watch this year.

Default Re: MBB NCAA Final: Louisiana 55, Tennessee 58

I said this earlier in the year that the effort of this team was impressive. Tonight was no different. Idk how much better they could do on the defensive side of the ball. Yea we had our offensive issues and didnt shoot it well in the first, but defense kept us in the game(along with their tournovers). So for it to basically come down to a 1 possession game is pretty impressive.

Default Re: Bobby Ball

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …..Missed the tech foul free throw possible situation….can somebody explain why Coach was so upset and what happened?
    https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sport...a/69999598007/

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    WE COVERED!!!! And as sorry as they played the first 30 minutes of the game that is one hell of a moral victory. I don't give a crap what you say.
    Covered doesn't advance you, wins do.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    And if he gets an extension, let's say for 5 years, then there will be 4 years of .500 basketball, or worse, followed by the last year winning a weak Sunbelt Conference title and possibility going to the big dance and getting another extension. Time to cut ties and move on. I'll grant you this, this was a fun team to watch this year.
    I don’t disagree with you on that scenario likely unfolding. I just think the time to drop him was last year after the 8th place finish. The admin saw it differently. Once you bring him back, IMO, you have to give him his chance to keep the job. He made the most of his chance.

I don’t disagree with you on that scenario likely unfolding. I just think the time to drop him was last year after the 8th place finish. The admin saw it differently. Once you bring him back, IMO, you have to give him his chance to keep the job. He made the most of his chance.
    He will return next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Looks like Bob Marlin will be back next year according to a USA Today reporter.

https://twitter.com/ByBerkowitz/stat...LCa-mWj2g&s=19
    And seemingly will coach in front of maybe 1000 people . Great financial news!!

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread Information