Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB NCAA Final: Louisiana 55, Tennessee 58

Default Re: MBB NCAA Final: Louisiana 55, Tennessee 58

Dalcourt should have been given more playing time than Garnett from the middle of conference play onwards. It was obvious to me he was able to perform in crunch time situations much better.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Dalcourt should have been given more playing time than Garnett from the middle of conference play onwards. It was obvious to me he was able to perform in crunch time situations much better.
    The Cajuns have to improve in the backcourt next season. Fobbs was just a sophomore, but Garnett and Thomas are not D1 talents. They are not close to Stove, Barkley or Stroman or Wright. Williams was good when healthy, but there was a huge drop-off after him.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The Cajuns have to improve in the backcourt next season. Fobbs was just a sophomore, but Garnett and Thomas are not D1 talents. They are not close to Stove, Barkley or Stroman or Wright. Williams was good when healthy, but there was a huge drop-off after him.
    Fobbs? Think you meant Fulks.

When two bench players score 26 of 55 points, that's telling. I hope we see some portal action this coming season.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Are we cool with being the SBC Champion every year? What's the goal?

It we are trying to become a Butler, Gonzaga, Houston, Memphis, or Creighton type program, we need a new vision and leader.

Marlin has become stale. UL is not a destination job. We should expect to have a new young vibrant coach every 4-5 years.
    Until we get the next "Hud" type coach for Basketball, we will never grow. No signature wins, Conference Champ every few years, NCAA every 10 years, etc. Where do we want to be?

Yes, I meant Fulks. Julien is really a starter had he been healthy. Dolcourt is a good 6th man. After Williams, there isn't much talent.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Difficult game to watch last night. First half was excruciating. Then, to come up so close to moving to the next round.

As far as next year, to get me to renew season tickets, I want to see some moves with personnel. Not coaching, players. I want to see what we do to replace the guys leaving and even go to the extent of not renewing players that can be replaced with more talented players. Doing this will determine my level of support going forward.
    It was the middle 20 minutes that were excruciating. We played ok on the first 10, terrible in the next 20, then great in the final 10. It’s been a thing with this team this year where they go into lulls whether it be when leading by a lot or it being a close game. It was always trying to bottle up how they played in the last ten minutes that was a problem. No consistency and that hurts against a team with caliber of athleticism that Tennessee has. They were a fun team to watch this year and at times super frustrating. As was the game last night. Proud of our boys for fighting till the end. You could see the pain on their faces after the game.

I thought our defense was good last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    It was the middle 20 minutes that were excruciating. We played ok on the first 10, terrible in the next 20, then great in the final 10. It’s been a thing with this team this year where they go into lulls whether it be when leading by a lot or it being a close game. It was always trying to bottle up how they played in the last ten minutes that was a problem. No consistency and that hurts against a team with caliber of athleticism that Tennessee has. They were a fun team to watch this year and at times super frustrating. As was the game last night. Proud of our boys for fighting till the end. You could see the pain on their faces after the game.
    Good to see the alcohol didn't impair your memory of how the game went down. You're spot on with your takes & have been all season.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    Until we get the next "Hud" type coach for Basketball, we will never grow. No signature wins, Conference Champ every few years, NCAA every 10 years, etc. Where do we want to be?
    Completely agree. A G5 basketball investment is more sustainable.

We can deliver an NIL opportunity to 2-3 highly ranked basketball prospects like Jalen Brown.

Our expectation should be a Sweet 16 run every few years with a few conference championships in between.

With an average attendance of 5K fans, the Cajun Dome would rock.

We have one of the best basketball venues in the south region.

Let's aim high. Geaux Cajuns.

Whether Brown stays or not, need a pair of 6'8 220 pound forwards who can clean up the garbage and shoot a J...Oh, those aren't hard to find...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Good to see the alcohol didn't impair your memory of how the game went down. You're spot on with your takes & have been all season.
    M$M can multi task, alcohol has never impaired his memory.

Default Re: Bobby Ball

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Speaking of myopic…their altar boy got rung up first.

Reportedly the player apologized to Marlin post game. Bob stated he voted for the guy to be on the AA team

Y’all have a great day of vitriol.

UL isn’t going to can a guy that just made the NCAA Tournament. And when the time comes, some will hate the new guy too.

Carry on.
    It has nothing to do with hating anyone. It’s just time to acknowledge the truth of the program. We most likely will not be very good next year or in the couple years after that, and our administration is just fine with that. I’ll sit with the same 1,200 folks in the Dome and chat with the same 5 people in 2 page game threads until we make another run and stir up a brief interest from our fanbase, probably sometime around 2028.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    “Hud Type” ? You aren’t serious right ?

Default Re: Bobby Ball

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    It has nothing to do with hating anyone. It’s just time to acknowledge the truth of the program. We most likely will not be very good next year or in the couple years after that, and our administration is just fine with that. I’ll sit with the same 1,200 folks in the Dome and chat with the same 5 people in 2 page game threads until we make another run and stir up a brief interest from our fanbase, probably sometime around 2028.
    That soon? Sign me up!!

15. Default Re: MBB NCAA Final: Louisiana 55, Tennessee 58

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    “Hud Type” ? You aren’t serious right ?
    Think of it as a Kick Starter for a program on life support.

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread Information