Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OMG----Alcorn State Baseball

1. Default OMG----Alcorn State Baseball

I posted this last year that Alcorn State was 2-39 on the season but they were blown out of almost every game they played, well the Braves have picked up where they left off.

They are 1-11 this year, but it is worse than that. They started the season losing a 3 game series to Alabama A&M at home, they then played a non D-1 school called Roosevelt where they proceeded to lose 3 of 4 to them including a 15-3 and 15-0 shellacking, after that they lost to Lamar, a 3 game series to Jackson State and a weekday game vs MVSU. They play another non D1 school in Oakwood this weekend. Of their 12 games they have played this season they have been run ruled in at least 4 of them.

Default Re: OMG----Alcorn State Baseball

Good thing we don't play them. Also, St. Peter's is doing their best 2017 impression as they are 0-11 so far and second last in RPI in all of D1.

Speaking of St. Peter's, since we played them 6 years ago, they have won a grand total of 21 games. Oof....

3. Default Re: OMG----Alcorn State Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Good thing we don't play them. Also, St. Peter's is doing their best 2017 impression as they are 0-11 so far and second last in RPI in all of D1.

Speaking of St. Peter's, since we played them 6 years ago, they have won a grand total of 21 games. Oof....
    How about NMSU, who used to have a decent baseball team. They are 0-10 including a loss to Bendictine Mesa?????

Water is wet

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    How about NMSU, who used to have a decent baseball team. They are 0-10 including a loss to Bendictine Mesa?????
    Between that start with baseball, basketball having to cancel the season early due to inappropriate conduct, and going to CUSA.......wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

6. Default Re: OMG----Alcorn State Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Between that start with baseball, basketball having to cancel the season early due to inappropriate conduct, and going to CUSA.......wouldn't want to be in their shoes.
    Yeah, I know they were never a thriving athletic program, but they could usually hang their hats on basketball and baseball. It's not good in Las Cruces.

Yeah, I know they were never a thriving athletic program, but they could usually hang their hats on basketball and baseball. It's not good in Las Cruces.
    They will fit in fine with cusa!

I posted this last year that Alcorn State was 2-39 on the season but they were blown out of almost every game they played, well the Braves have picked up where they left off.

They are 1-11 this year, but it is worse than that. They started the season losing a 3 game series to Alabama A&M at home, they then played a non D-1 school called Roosevelt where they proceeded to lose 3 of 4 to them including a 15-3 and 15-0 shellacking, after that they lost to Lamar, a 3 game series to Jackson State and a weekday game vs MVSU. They play another non D1 school in Oakwood this weekend. Of their 12 games they have played this season they have been run ruled in at least 4 of them.
    Nobody should laugh too hard. Even though it is a minute impact, don’t forget UL plays some SWAC teams this year, who play…Alcorn State. Their RPIs are impacted directly by the college version of the Bad News Bears.

It is sad but at least they line up and play guys that obviously see a bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Water is wet
    Quote for the day!

I have great respect for guys that play on teams like that and don’t quit. When their playing careers are over, they will likely succeed in life

11. Default Re: OMG----Alcorn State Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Nobody should laugh too hard. Even though it is a minute impact, don’t forget UL plays some SWAC teams this year, who play…Alcorn State. Their RPIs are impacted directly by the college version of the Bad News Bears.

It is sad but at least they line up and play guys that obviously see a bigger picture.
    I know what you are saying but the Jackson State team that we play next week is 10-2. Granted their schedule has not been great, but they are 10-2.

Southern and Grambling are not doing great, but Southern who is 4-8 plays a rough OOC schedule. Grambling is in a similar situation. These teams play some very good OOC teams, Alcorn is not playing a tough schedule.

I feel for the kids and do respect them for pushing through it. But man it is going to be a long season.

I know what you are saying but the Jackson State team that we play next week is 10-2. Granted their schedule has not been great, but they are 10-2.

Southern and Grambling are not doing great, but Southern who is 4-8 plays a rough OOC schedule. Grambling is in a similar situation. These teams play some very good OOC teams, Alcorn is not playing a tough schedule.

I feel for the kids and do respect them for pushing through it. But man it is going to be a long season.
    Alcorn is going through a multi-year "rebuild" with the new coach. I say "rebuild" because they don't have a great baseball history. Last winning season was 2009 and 2011 was the last time they won over 20 games. Think they only had about 25 on the roster last season. This season it's up to 41, but that's with 21 freshmen & 9 sophomores. In the next 2 years, they may be able to finish in the middle of the SWAC.

For their schedule, playing those NAIA schools are almost the only way for them to get out of conference home games. They still should have won those games because those aren't even close to the top NAIA schools in the country. Teams like Southeastern (FL), Georgia Gwinnett, & Tennessee Wesleyan would beat most Southland teams.

It must be tough to play or coach at one of those teams. I guess they play because they love the game and enjoy it.

14. Default Re: OMG----Alcorn State Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    It must be tough to play or coach at one of those teams. I guess they play because they love the game and enjoy it.
    ……Tulane suffering…..was told.That just really no pitching is the problem!

I'm not going to assume why the SWAC is doing this, but non-D1 scheduling seems to be prevalent throughout softball and baseball in the SWAC. SWAC baseball has played 23 non-D1 games thus far this season, softball has played 37.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information