Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 5, McNeese 3

Default Re: BB: Louisiana/McNeese

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    And we're not surprising anyone with it anymore. It's well known that the Cajuns do that.

Yup had my phone camera ready the first time the opportunity arose last night. But McNeese plunked our guy to load the bases.

Default Re: Louisiana/McNeese

I just flat out don't believe that. I've never met a baseball player in my life that didn't want to see or track their stats. Baseball is a game based largely around stats.

Again, the scoreboard is for the fans.
    I can very easily see a scenario in which the captains got a little too clever with the "pack mentality" buy in, and asked the coaches to take the stats down because our guys are too busy drinking out of the water hose to care about stats.

If the players actually did ask for it, it does put the coaches in a tough position. If the coaches decided, it's fully stupid.

Either way, the scoreboard is for the fans, as you said. Need to strike a balance with wolfpack mentality between the lines, and fan experience EVERYWHERE else.

3. Default Re: Louisiana/McNeese

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    I can very easily see a scenario in which the captains got a little too clever with the "pack mentality" buy in, and asked the coaches to take the stats down because our guys are too busy drinking out of the water hose to care about stats.

If the players actually did ask for it, it does put the coaches in a tough position. If the coaches decided, it's fully stupid.

Either way, the scoreboard is for the fans, as you said. Need to strike a balance with wolfpack mentality between the lines, and fan experience EVERYWHERE else.
    If it's the players making that request, I do agree it's different. I just have a really hard time believing that.

Maybe we can compromise by printing season stats on the scorecards that are handed out when you walk in? Accomplishes two things - 1) More people will utilize the scorecards and rosters - 2) Players or Coaches don't have to worry about stats on the scoreboard.

If it's the players making that request, I do agree it's different. I just have a really hard time believing that.

Maybe we can compromise by printing season stats on the scorecards that are handed out when you walk in? Accomplishes two things - 1) More people will utilize the scorecards and rosters - 2) Players or Coaches don't have to worry about stats on the scoreboard.
    That also brings up a second issue in the two games I was able to make against BYU since I moved out of state. The scorecard I picked up on both Friday and Saturday no longer listed height, weight, or previous school for any of the players on either team.

Scorecards took a giant step backwards, AND they aren't putting stats on the scoreboard. I'm on my phone once in a while anyway since we inexplicably do not put a pitch count on the scoreboard. Now, you have to get on the cell to see anything at all.

Moving in the wrong direction all around.

I just flat out don't believe that. I've never met a baseball player in my life that didn't want to see or track their stats. Baseball is a game based largely around stats.

Again, the scoreboard is for the fans.
    Me too. They all know all the time. Pitchers know how many pitches that have thrown after each inning without asking. Batters can do 4th grade algebra in their head...in 4th grade, and they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Me too. They all know all the time. Pitchers know how many pitches that have thrown after each inning without asking. Batters can do 4th grade algebra in their head...in 4th grade.
    Very true

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Colony View Post
    No batting average or era on the school board for both teams. They are showing a pitch count. Stat sheets are available as you walk in.
    Ole Colony reported that stat sheets were available to the fans upon entry....

No home stats on the scoreboard was a player decision. For whatever reason the players decided that, I'm good with that - especially with increased production.

8. Default Re: Louisiana/McNeese

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Ole Colony reported that stat sheets were available to the fans upon entry....

No home stats on the scoreboard was a player decision. For whatever reason the players decided that, I'm good with that - especially with increased production.
    Opposing teams do have their stats up.
    There is no pitch count on the scoreboard.
    Score cards are available when people walk and stats could be printed on them.

Opposing teams do have their stats up.
    There is no pitch count on the scoreboard.
    Score cards are available when people walk and stats could be printed on them.
    Last night we did not have opposing team stats and did have the pitch count. Deggs told the Diamond Club that the players asked for it. I agree the scoreboard is for the fans. I have my phone opened to the stats broadcast because it offers so much more information. I love the pitch count being up.

10. Default Re: Louisiana/McNeese

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Last night we did not have opposing team stats and did have the pitch count. Deggs told the Diamond Club that the players asked for it. I agree the scoreboard is for the fans. I have my phone opened to the stats broadcast because it offers so much more information. I love the pitch count being up.
    So prior to last night. I wasn’t at the ballpark yesterday. I think I’ve asked you way too many times how many pitches, so this is a good feature for you

So prior to last night. I wasn’t at the ballpark yesterday. I think I’ve asked you way too many times how many pitches, so this is a good feature for you
    Correct, it was changed last night. I wasn't going to ask how many times you asked me for the pitch count. Also, in-game pitching stats is a better way to judge a pitcher. I do think hitting is a different animal. But I also think batting average is an overrated stat, and I would rather see OPS or just OB%. But we all grew up with batting average, and it is hard to get rid of it.

Correct, it was changed last night. I wasn't going to ask how many times you asked me for the pitch count. Also, in-game pitching stats is a better way to judge a pitcher. I do think hitting is a different animal. But I also think batting average is an overrated stat, and I would rather see OPS or just OB%. But we all grew up with batting average, and it is hard to get rid of it.
    I've asked before but never got an answer. Is there a template where you show player bio details instead of stats? Zeroes just looks sloppy IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I've asked before but never got an answer. Is there a template where you show player bio details instead of stats? Zeroes just looks sloppy IMO.
    I think last night they got rid of the batting average and put their hometown, with what they did each inning, below. I am going to have to take a picture on Friday. I really don't remember everything they had.

I think last night they got rid of the batting average and put their hometown, with what they did each inning, below. I am going to have to take a picture on Friday. I really don't remember everything they had.
    gotcha, couldn't make it last night - will be there Friday to see

Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 5, McNeese 3

Put the team batting average on the scoreboard.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information