Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 5, McNeese 3

Default Re: BB: Louisiana/McNeese

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    “Pretty clean”??

They allowed no hits and walked one batter in the last 6 innings.

I guess perfection is “clean”
    Exactly. Glad u agree

It’s a suicide squeeze. Putting it in play is all that matters

It didn’t work because the second runner doesn’t have great speed and their 1st baseman made a good play.
    What did the first baseman do that was so good other than what he is suppose to do?

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    What did the first baseman do that was so good other than what he is suppose to do?
    He got rid of the ball quickly and made a perfect throw to the plate.

Also known as a “nice play”

Default Re: Louisiana/McNeese

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    So chicken ____
    The players/captains asked that their updated stats not be shown on the scoreboard as they approach the plate. Nuff said. If it helps them focus on the next pitch, the team and not the stats, I'm all for it.

Source: Diamond Club
    Last edited by cajundiehard; March 8th, 2023 at 11:41 pm. Reason: source

The goal is 20 before 10
    And 40 before 20

Default Re: Louisiana/McNeese

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    The players/captains asked that their updated stats not be shown on the scoreboard as they approach the plate. Nuff said. If it helps them focus on the next pitch, the team and not the stats, I'm all for it.

If our players/captains were focused on the scoreboard as they were approaching the plate, we’ve got big problems. It’ll be interesting to see how they handle what opposing crowds at places like USM have to throw at them if they are struggling with the adversity of…checks notes…the home scoreboard showing their stats.

Sounds like to me there is something more behind this. Im not sure what it is but thats what it smells like to me. If that is a tool they are using to emphasize”team”… ill have to say ok. Maybe put the team batting average up there as a goal to do more then. Idk

8. Default Re: Louisiana/McNeese

"A little self control."

DON'T LOOK

“Pretty clean”??

They allowed no hits and walked one batter in the last 6 innings.

I guess perfection is “clean”

Ben Tate walked two, hit two in just two innings (insert Yahtzee jokes here). So, it wasn’t a great start. I was glad to see everyone behind him came in and did work as we only walked one the rest of the way.

Sounds like to me there is something more behind this. Im not sure what it is but thats what it smells like to me. If that is a tool they are using to emphasize”team”… ill have to say ok. Maybe put the team batting average up there as a goal to do more then. Idk
    Definitely more of this but of course we have posters who seem to get off on calling our young men weak.

Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 5, McNeese 3

Any updates on McGeehee?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Definitely more of this but of course we have posters who seem to get off on calling our young men weak.
    The scoreboard is a part of the fan experience. Plain and simple. This should not be decided by the players. Are the young men weak? Not saying that. Is the decision weak? Absolutely. Again if something as innocuous as their own stats is a threat to their team mentality, how do they react in situations where people are actually trying to break that down? Supporting the team while not supporting every decision by every member all the time is a concept some people just can’t grasp.

The key to executing the double squeeze is the pitcher and 1B slowing down/dropping their guard on the throw to first after the first run scores. If both approach the play with the thought that the runner is coming from 2nd, it will very rarely work.

14. Default Re: BB: Louisiana/McNeese

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    The key to executing the double squeeze is the pitcher and 1B slowing down/dropping their guard on the throw to first after the first run scores. If both approach the play with the thought that the runner is coming from 2nd, it will very rarely work.
    And we're not surprising anyone with it anymore. It's well known that the Cajuns do that.

15. Default Re: Louisiana/McNeese

I just flat out don't believe that. I've never met a baseball player in my life that didn't want to see or track their stats. Baseball is a game based largely around stats.

Again, the scoreboard is for the fans.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information