Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Football 2023:Vermilion 68, White 33

1. Default Re: Spring Football Starts 3-7-2023 (Question)

Yea but several of us tried to say Zeon should be the starter going into 2023, so what are we really losing here?

Default Re: Spring Football Starts 3-7-2023 (Question)

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    What we are witnessing now is why I asked this question. Since it wasn’t public I didn’t want to say anything about Chandler missing all of spring at that time.
    Is the procedure he went through public knowledge? If it was discussed here on RP I missed those posts.

3. Default Re: Spring Football Starts 3-7-2023 (Question)

Chandler had his spleen removed.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Like Chris Sims?

5. Default Re: Spring Football Starts 3-7-2023 (Question)

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Like Chris Sims?
    IDK. Mike told me at the beginning of camp, spleen issue. But they expected him to be out a couple weeks, tops.

IDK. Mike told me at the beginning of camp, spleen issue. But they expected him to be out a couple weeks, tops.
    It's not a major concern unless there are complications that have lingered after the procedure. Fields doesn't need the extra work from spring football, he's been through four springs since his arrival on campus.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    It's not a major concern unless there are complications that have lingered after the procedure. Fields doesn't need the extra work from spring football, he's been through four springs since his arrival on campus.
    Maybe not a major concern for chandler. But to get the reps you need with all the young WR, TE, RBs in the passing game, going 3 and four deep, during spring with just one QB, his arm would fall off. Usually you are splitting those reps 3 or 4 ways. No way they can all be getting the work in needed during spring with just one guy. Please don’t tell me Des and the walk on QB from North Vermilion turned receiver is filling in because that makes no one better.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Maybe not a major concern for chandler. But to get the reps you need with all the young WR, TE, RBs in the passing game, going 3 and four deep, during spring with just one QB, his arm would fall off. Usually you are splitting those reps 3 or 4 ways. No way they can all be getting the work in needed during spring with just one guy. Please don’t tell me Des and the walk on QB from North Vermilion turned receiver is filling in because that makes no one better.
    It allows Zeon Chriss to get more reps which is absolutely better for the program.

I was told it was a different body part. But similar surgery. Either way having a surgery the week before camp where they cut through muscle and expect to be back in 2 weeks is a huge stretch. I would bet he couldn’t lift 10 to 20 lbs for at least 2 weeks after the surgery not mention any kind of football drills. I’d say a month at best before he can run throw..etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    It allows Zeon Chriss to get more reps which is absolutely better for the program.
    With only 2 healthy QBs in camp ZC would have gotten all the reps he could stand in one spring practice. With only one QB healthy in spring it is over load for one QB to get every receiver every rep they need. Surely you’ve seen practice when they are running pass skels and team passing drills with the 1,2, and 3s all at once? It’s quick from group 1 to group 2 to group 3. It would be overload for 1 QB to handle all that. It might be good for ZC but someone is missing out on reps at other positions because of it. It is not good for the team as a whole at all.

11. Default Re: Spring Football Starts 3-7-2023 (Question)

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I was told it was a different body part. But similar surgery. Either way having a surgery the week before camp where they cut through muscle and expect to be back in 2 weeks is a huge stretch. I would bet he couldn’t lift 10 to 20 lbs for at least 2 weeks after the surgery not mention any kind of football drills. I’d say a month at best before he can run throw..etc.
    Yes, you're right. I had to go back and look. Appendix.
    But at the end of the day, Zeon is getting extra reps. Lance Legendre is getting a load of work (which leads me to believe, this will get them even more comfortable using him in wildcat and other odd packages - might even become a staple of the offense, like TH in NOLA). We need to be as dynamic on offense as possible, so this, to me, is good news. I'm MUCH more interested in how the offensive line is developing.

... I'm MUCH more interested in how the offensive line is developing.
    I was wondering how the defense looks, but I'm afraid to ask.

13. Default Re: Spring Football Starts 3-7-2023 (Question)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I was wondering how the defense looks, but I'm afraid to ask.
    I'm expecting a big jump from our LB corps this year. Loads of talent, athleticism and brains in the group.

I'm expecting a big jump from our LB corps this year. Loads of talent, athleticism and brains in the group.
    KC Ossai I think could end up 1st team all sun belt.

15. Default Re: Spring Football Starts 3-7-2023 (Question)

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    KC Ossai I think could end up 1st team all sun belt.
    Absolutely. And I know Skipper is a safety, but I expect to see him play down in the box a lot in the star/buck slot. That dude is a beast.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information