Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Football 2023:Vermilion 68, White 33

1. Default Re: Spring Football Starts 3-7-2023 (Question)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    It isn’t. Anyone who thinks that having one QB healthy for an entire spring practice is a good thing done fell of their rocker.
    We have more than 1

Default Re: Spring Football Starts 3-7-2023 (Question)

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We have more than 1
    There are at least 4 other players who were qbs in HS that now play a different position.

3. Default Re: Spring Football Starts 3-7-2023 (Question)

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    There are at least 4 other players who were qbs in HS that now play a different position.
    LL2 is taking reps. People apparently casually glanced over that.

We have more than 1
    Do we? Enlighten please? Not talking receiver with special package. Every down QB that will have QB next to their name in the program. I see a bunch of people stretching here. There is a reason LL was moved to WR and will never be a starting QB here. Unless we have So Miss situation where every QB on the roster is hurt and he plays out of desperation that is. Again we have one QB on the roster that will be a QB in September.

5. Default Re: Spring Football Starts 3-7-2023 (Question)

Do we? Enlighten please? Not talking receiver with special package. Every down QB that will have QB next to their name in the program. I see a bunch of people stretching here. There is a reason LL was moved to WR and will never be a starting QB here. Unless we have So Miss situation where every QB on the roster is hurt and he plays out of desperation that is. Again we have one QB on the roster that will be a QB in September.
    Dale Martin. He is for sure 1

6. Default Re: Spring Football Starts 3-7-2023 (Question)

#2 QB recruit in the nation for a reason. If nothing else, he is at least capable of running a skeleton package.

#2 QB recruit in the nation for a reason. If nothing else, he is at least capable of running a skeleton package.
    I watched him last spring I could eat a ham sandwich as long as it took him to read a defense and pull the trigger with the football. He looked clueless in the pocket. But if you say so.

See link for QBs on the roster.

https://ragincajuns.com/sports/football/roster

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Dale Martin. He is for sure 1
    How many people recruited Dale as a QB? I live in Lafayette he’s one town over and I never heard of him until JMV mentioned him last week and I follow high school football very closely. Heck Trey Amos played QB in high school too and actually remember him as a high school player.

9. Default Re: Spring Football Starts 3-7-2023 (Question)

How many people recruited Dale as a QB? I live in Lafayette he’s one town over and I never heard of him until JMV mentioned him last week and I follow high school football very closely. Heck Trey Amos played QB in high school too and actually remember him as a high school player.
    He was 2nd team all district so I assume he wasn’t terrible. Ironically he was 1st team all state in baseball.

Let me know how many downs each will play on Saturday nights next fall.
    I said that as a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    He was 2nd team all district so I assume he wasn’t terrible. Ironically he was 1st team all state in baseball.
    There are many 2nd team all district QBs roaming the UL campus. Maybe Des should have an open try out. Most of those become normal students.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    How is that helping our depth problem?
    We will have depth. Chriss, Chandler and Ben. Plus we will have Lunch come the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We will have depth. Chriss, Chandler and Ben. Plus we will have Lunch come the fall.
    We hope we have Ben. We’ve all seen ACLs not go as planned. Let’s hope Lunch is not forced in before he is 100% ready.

Default Re: Spring Football 2023

I know there was some discussion of it in an earlier thread,
    but, when is the spring game?

Default Re: Spring Football 2023

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    I know there was some discussion of it in an earlier thread,
    but, when is the spring game?
    Thursday April 6th

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information