Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Football 2023:Vermilion 68, White 33

Default Re: Spring Football Starts 3-7-2023 (Hypothetical question)

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    There are several players that played QB in HS that could fill in to some degree if that happened. Hope not! BTW....we didn't have any blue jerseys for the QB's in the 70's. LOL!
    Just like the rest of the world, everybody is getting softer!

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    My hypothetical question wasn’t necessarily a hypothetical, didn’t want to say anything but since Seth did on the news at 6, QB will be interesting this spring. How do you get all the young receivers the reps they need with just one true QB on the roster for the spring?
    You move your HC to QB.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    You move your HC to QB.
    I saw that on the news clip. Looks like he’s taking reps with Zeon.

Anyone know how to edit a header?

Default Re: Spring Football Starts 3-7-2023 (Question)

Anyone hear any updates from spring football this week? Been awfully quite on that front and understandably so with all that’s going on. Is Chandler back at practice and taking meaningful reps? Or are they still going with only one?

I don’t know why but for some reason I keep seeing us ending up like So Miss 2 years ago when they had no healthy QBs on the roster after a few injuries. That position is way to thin even when Lunch reports to campus.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Anyone hear any updates from spring football this week? Been awfully quite on that front and understandably so with all that’s going on. Is Chandler back at practice and taking meaningful reps? Or are they still going with only one?

I don’t know why but for some reason I keep seeing us ending up like So Miss 2 years ago when they had no healthy QBs on the roster after a few injuries. That position is way to thin even when Lunch reports to campus.
    It's been quiet because we're revamping the offense. Desmo has decided to go full Flex-Bone with ZC and LL.

Resistance is futile.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    It's been quiet because we're revamping the offense. Desmo has decided to go full Flex-Bone with ZC and LL.

Resistance is futile.
    Serious? Thats the first I hear of that. You’d think he would of hit the portal to find depth at the QB position. That O definitely doesn’t fit CF and BWs skill set.

Serious?...
    Uhhh....no.

Uhhh....no.
    No s___t. Just curious why you wasted your time and ours with that stupid answer to a pretty good question.

Foote has posted a couple of articles lately about spring practice...search the Acadiana Advocate

10. Default Re: Spring Football Starts 3-7-2023 (Question)

Resistance is futile.
    LOL

In a personnel desperation move, Faulkinberry switched to the Veer and went winless his last year.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Foote has posted a couple of articles lately about spring practice...search the Acadiana Advocate
    Thanks. I’ll look. I no longer subscribe to any fish wraps but I do follow Kevin on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    LOL

In a personnel desperation move, Faulkinberry switched to the Veer and went winless his last year.
    I was there. Rolando Surita, the veer QB, got hurt first game of the season. Downhill after that.

13. Default Re: Spring Football Starts 3-7-2023 (Question)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    LOL

….actually we ran the wishbone the year before and then what bankruptcy said!

14. Default Re: Spring Football Starts 3-7-2023 (Question)

Thanks guys,

I needed the adjustment.

With spring football starting tomorrow and to my knowledge only 2 QB’s on the roster. Let's say Chandler or Zeon or God forbid both go down for any amount of time due to injury or medical issues, do we have any other QB’s on the roster to run spring practice? I am not familiar with any here now other than Ben who is out as we know. I am guessing if so it would be a walk on that isn’t really competing for the job or pushing for playing time right now.
    What we are witnessing now is why I asked this question. Since it wasn’t public I didn’t want to say anything about Chandler missing all of spring at that time.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information