Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread: Spring Football 2023:Vermilion 68, White 33

Default Re: Spring Football 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Who says they are not promoting the spring game? Just saw this on Twitter. What you want TV add?

https://twitter.com/ragincajunsfb/st.XihOoIR6J1Y4uA
    Yes! And Football Twitter is showing Des at the Beavers Club speaking today. That's great, but more is needed.

2. Default Re: Spring Football 2023

Who says they are not promoting the spring game? Just saw this on Twitter. What you want TV add?

We've been over this over and over. Social Media doesn't reach people the way ya'll think in Acadiana. It is necessary, but it is one spoke in the wheel. A post on twitter is not "promoting" an event in 2023. There needs to be constant reminders in many different areas.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    We are in agreement here! At this university you need to get out and promote your program. You cannot accomplish that goal by just hosting a golf tournament and attending fundraisers. Hudspeth understood this, Napier had surrogates do some of this, but he also had national interviews with people like Tim Brando.

I'm not sure what Des is comfortable with, but he better get comfortable with it. Dr. Maggard has had this question raised, including from myself. You want to sell tickets, get on the bus and get out on a tour, and give people a reason to be invested in your program.
    Des can have a local interview with MAT. Oh yeah that isn't allowed.

Dude, that's a half azz effort

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Dude, that's a half azz effort
    CYA

6. Default Re: Spring Football 2023

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Des can have a local interview with MAT. Oh yeah that isn't allowed.
    But it’s way more than that. Even if (when) RR gets that opportunity, it’s one cog. Promoting athletics here has to be multi-faceted. TV, terrestrial radio, social media, non-traditional media, recognizable personalities verbally promoted the brand at festivals, on TV, at concerts, at speaking engagements, wearing Ragin Cajuns gear, etc. Geo fencing, billboards, community promotion (signs in businesses), dedicated sales force, small business presence at a much higher rate around the complex, etc.

We need high profile people actively engaging in UL athletics and with UL athletics. We need vocal students pushing the brand. We need the Greeks to be able to be part of it without being treated like ____ by some power hungry administrator hired to destroy “the culture” around Greek life. (When tailgating was at its peak, it was the youth that drove the bus. When the student body shares things on social media, it’s WAY more effective of a selling tool than when official accounts share them. That’s a big part of promotion that we’re missing.)

Having said all of that, being consistent is what we lack most. We “try” things sometimes and when they don’t work immediately, we quit. Or we go through year long lull during highly successful times and lose the engagement. Our timing with regard to capitalizing on opportunities to promote is also severely lacking. The Billy Napier “scared money” thing is one recent example. Those shirts should have been for sale to the public the next day. Instead, we gave them away to students 2 weeks late and then sold them in the book store. (For $35)

I think too much has been made about hiring creative people to do the digital marketing, when really what is needed is a good and consistant multi-platform digital campaigns. I just get the feeling they are more about the creative and less about how to execute a plan that can be a huge part in solving so much of what MAT mentioned above. Digital media is at the top of the food chain now as far as branding, marketing, sales, consumer, B to B, etc. The rest of media is all good and should work to support the digital effort.

Still no word on whether the public is invited to the indoor facility for the spring "game"?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We've been over this over and over. Social Media doesn't reach people the way ya'll think in Acadiana. It is necessary, but it is one spoke in the wheel. A post on twitter is not "promoting" an event in 2023. There needs to be constant reminders in many different areas.
    Right. I guess the sarcasm didn’t come through in the typing.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Not sure if serious…
    Who was this question for? Me?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes! And Football Twitter is showing Des at the Beavers Club speaking today. That's great, but more is needed.
    That’s where there’s one of two disconnects. So many people on Twitter, it gets lost in the shuffle.

I personally am not a fan of Twitter. It is a media for every one meaningful tweet, there’s a boat load of nothing. Same with IG. That’s why I’m out the loop.

Think of it like a billboard…but way smaller and has to catch your attention.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I think too much has been made about hiring creative people to do the digital marketing, when really what is needed is a good and consistant multi-platform digital campaigns. I just get the feeling they are more about the creative and less about how to execute a plan that can be a huge part in solving so much of what MAT mentioned above. Digital media is at the top of the food chain now as far as branding, marketing, sales, consumer, B to B, etc. The rest of media is all good and should work to support the digital effort.

Still no word on whether the public is invited to the indoor facility for the spring "game"?
    I was told no for the public.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    I was told no the public.
    Do you think they will make an announcement? My mom is coming from NI gonna try and make Holy Thursday Mass at St Jules then rush to Cajun Field. It would be nice to tell her if she can’t get in not to worry about rushing to Lafayette.

Guess I’m switching over to KLFY. Gonna miss my boy Rob, but not one peep about Cajun spring FB. Switch over and Faust is playing a Coach Des clip.

I was just looking at ESPN + on demand and up coming and saw several spring games listed. One would think at the very least since we have all the equipment in house and the game is being played on a Thursday, and not a Saturday, they would stream it so at the very least, out of town family members could watch their kids. Many who would normally come in on a weekend won’t be able to do so on a Thursday school and work night. Unfortunately our administrators don’t think about things like that and folks like that who send their kids to our school.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Do you think they will make an announcement? My mom is coming from NI gonna try and make Holy Thursday Mass at St Jules then rush to Cajun Field. It would be nice to tell her if she can’t get in not to worry about rushing to Lafayette.
    Not sure.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread Information