Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Spring Football 2023:Vermilion 68, White 33

Default Re: Spring Football 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I think Zeon Chriss looks to have ALL the physical tools. Maybe our most all around athletic QB ever? Not the runner Brian Mitchell was, but potentially much better passer?

If he can also be like Delhomme/Gauthier/Levi between the ears and the locker room leader they were, then he'll be an awesome one to watch. Tough not to get excited with him just being a RS Freshman.

We need to see which tall, athletic receiver can step up to be our next Ja'Marcus Bradley or Michael Jefferson, able to be a mismatch and win those 50/50 balls.

Default Re: Spring Football 2023:Vermilion 68, White 33

I was talking to a player at my house yesterday he said Perry looked very good this spring and so did Washington. Which I thought towards the end of last year Washington was emerging as our best back. Should be a good 1-2 punch for speed along with the Williams kid from Many as a big back.

The thing I like the most is Foote had an article that said OL looked very good now that healthy and is a strength on this team and no longer a question mark. I was talking to a former O Lineman on Thursday who played with Jake and still talks to Jake daily. They seem to think the Fordham kid who’s daddy played with Jake in Carolina has a legitimate chance at winning a job at center from what they saw this spring.

Good OL and RBs is a great recipe for success. Hopefully we can get back to running it like the years leading up to the SBC championship.

3. Default Re: Spring Football 2023:Vermilion 68, White 33

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I was talking to a player at my house yesterday he said Perry looked very good this spring and so did Washington. Which I thought towards the end of last year Washington was emerging as our best back. Should be a good 1-2 punch for speed along with the Williams kid from Many as a big back.

The thing I like the most is Foote had an article that said OL looked very good now that healthy and is a strength on this team and no longer a question mark. I was talking to a former O Lineman on Thursday who played with Jake and still talks to Jake daily. They seem to think the Fordham kid who’s daddy played with Jake in Carolina has a legitimate chance at winning a job at center from what they saw this spring.

Good OL and RBs is a great recipe for success. Hopefully we can get back to running it like the years leading up to the SBC championship.
    ……and so NOW I ASK…THE top 5 fastest in 40 yards on the FB team!!!!!

The thing I like the most is Foote had an article that said OL looked very good now that healthy and is a strength on this team and no longer a question mark.
    Mood: [HYPE] CALM

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ……and so NOW I ASK…THE top 5 fastest in 40 yards on the FB team!!!!!
    My sources on the inside who I consider to be really good sources say Nathan Thomas, AJ Gillie, Jax Harrington, Mackey Maillho and George Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .and so NOW I ASK…THE top 5 fastest in 40 yards on the FB team!!!!!
    Boom next time you see Troy Weingerter ask him. I seem to recall Chris Laneaux saying in a interview that the players wear some type of monitor that will tell exactly who the fastest are on the field. A better indicator of who is football fast and not just track fast. Cripper had said who Troy told him was the fastest on last years team, but heck I’ve slept to many times since then. I don’t recall.

I’m sure they wore the same monitors this spring and have an update.

I. AM. SO. PUMPED. FOR. THIS. SEASON.

My sources on the inside who I consider to be really good sources say Nathan Thomas, AJ Gillie, Jax Harrington, Mackey Maillho and George Jackson.
    Can confirm, your sources are legit.

We have big, good looking O Lineman with some depth. What about our D Line size and depth?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    We have big, good looking O Lineman with some depth. What about our D Line size and depth?
    I think DL depth will be a huge question mark. Should have quality possible starters with Narcisse, Hazard, and Wiser. Need guys like McGriff, Miller and Baylis to step up and add depth.

Not sure how accurate this is but here you go.

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-footbal.ouisiana/90912

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Boom next time you see Troy Weingerter ask him. I seem to recall Chris Laneaux saying in a interview that the players wear some type of monitor that will tell exactly who the fastest are on the field. A better indicator of who is football fast and not just track fast. Cripper had said who Troy told him was the fastest on last years team, but heck I’ve slept to many times since then. I don’t recall.

I’m sure they wore the same monitors this spring and have an update.
    Yes I heard Cripper say that as well.

12. Default Re: Spring Football 2023:Vermilion 68, White 33

Sounds like Mason Narcisse had one of the best Spring Camps of any player on the team. Sonny Hazard, now healthy, will be a major factor. With the depth and talent of our LB corps (and probably best unit on the team), DL doesn’t need to be dominant. They just need to eat up blockers and let the young LBs go to work.

Also found it interested that they lined up Tyree Skipper on the edge in a 4-technique on a couple occasions.

Anyone know where to find highlights from last weeks spring game?

We had this last year going into the spring. Until the injury bug got us. Hopefully we avoid that this year and the younger guys are as talented as advertised.

If they are we will dominate this schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We had this last year going into the spring. Until the injury bug got us. Hopefully we avoid that this year and the younger guys are as talented as advertised.

If they are we will dominate this schedule.
    Actually last year they couldn’t have a true spring game because there wasn’t enough healthy OL available during the spring, due to injury, if I remember correctly. Good thing is now those kids that were freshman last year and a little young to play will add some quality depth.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information