Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Unrelated but KATC doesn't even know that "University of Louisiana Lafayette" is not the schools name, and is in fact illegal.

At the same time, it exposes the name academics uses, since it is simply an expansion of also illegal "UL Lafayette"
    Please enlighten us on what the legal names are and how they should be referenced in a non athletic situation? First reference in a story then 2 reference and more please.

2. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Please enlighten us on what the legal names are and how they should be referenced in a non athletic situation? First reference in a story then 2 reference and more please.
    Lafayette is not part of the schools name.

The law states that if the full name is used "AT Lafayette" must be attached.

The school has never followed that law.

Just prior to when the law was enacted every school in the UL System had "at location" after their name in all official documentation and state laws.

I would have to go to the Law library to prove my point, because the old web pages that had "at" for every school have been taken down.

Rest assured "UL Lafayette" is now, and always has been, illegal usage of the name.

I totally get why KATC would think the extrapolation is University of Louisiana Lafayette .

The school has never followed that law.

Just prior to when the law was enacted every school in the UL System had "at location" after their name in all official documentation and state laws.

I would have to go to the Law library to prove my point, because the old web pages that had "at" for every school have been taken down.

Rest assured "UL Lafayette" is now, and always has been, illegal usage of the name.

I totally get why KATC would think the extrapolation is University of Louisiana Lafayette .

????

4. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post

????
    In the very same session the verbiage was "at Baton Rouge" to refer to LSU's main campus.

It is a differentiator not a name.

"on Johnston Street" for a McDonald's.

Can we get back on topic, the raping of UL by anyone who uses CF for events...BTW, the bus transit used at Festival Int...park at CF, bus downtown, I believe that is a 50/50 split with UL

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Can we get back on topic, the raping of UL by anyone who uses CF for events...BTW, the bus transit used at Festival Int...park at CF, bus downtown, I believe that is a 50/50 split with UL
    Festival people pay?

Pay for shuttle bus from CF to downtown...$15 (,I think)...I recall it's split with UL

In the very same session the verbiage was "at Baton Rouge" to refer to LSU's main campus.

It is a differentiator not a name.

"on Johnston Street" for a McDonald's.
    You have to include the “on Johnston street” or similar differentiator after McDonalds so that all the LSU@BR grads know where to show up for work.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Pay for shuttle bus from CF to downtown...$15 (,I think)...I recall it's split with UL
    The pay was per vehicle not person.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    The pay was per vehicle not person.
    Of course...

11. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

The comment has sense been deleted, but at one point, this grifter stealing money from the University made the comment that the program "belongs to MH and not the public" (paraphrasing).

The "Our Town Our Team" marketing campaign just reminded me of something we struggle with here, more than most places. Lafman1 gives you a window into how these people think. As long as bureaucrats and university grifters have a strangle hold on our programs, we'll never expand our base properly. Athletics belongs to Alumni, Donors, residents, players, coaches, support personnel, students, etc. It belongs to Acadiana. "Our Town Our Team" personifies that idea. Don't accept anything less. The program is ours.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The comment has sense been deleted, but at one point, this grifter stealing money from the University made the comment that the program "belongs to MH and not the public" (paraphrasing).

The "Our Town Our Team" marketing campaign just reminded me of something we struggle with here, more than most places. Lafman1 gives you a window into how these people think. As long as bureaucrats and university grifters have a strangle hold on our programs, we'll never expand our base properly. Athletics belongs to Alumni, Donors, residents, players, coaches, support personnel, students, etc. It belongs to Acadiana. "Our Town Our Team" personifies that idea. Don't accept anything less. The program is ours.
    Josh, do yourself a favor. Stop pretending to be somebody you aren’t.

13. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Josh, do yourself a favor. Stop pretending to be somebody you aren’t.
    D-Bag, quit grifting.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    D-Bag, quit grifting.
    Every time I ask a question of you _____, you can’t seem to answer it. So since you seem to think you know me, how am I a grifter?

15. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Every time I ask a question of you ____, you can’t seem to answer it. So since you seem to think you know me, how am I a grifter?
    You can use my name all you want. The question is, who the hell are you? You want to talk down to people supplying the information. You want to talk down to people bringing facts to the table. You want to talk down to the people with the backbone enough to have the real conversations, publicly. Why don't we get some transparency from you? I have a good feeling I know who you are, or at least whom you're associated with. But I could be wrong. Why don't you set the record straight?

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information