Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    So you’re saying the general public has a voice in the UL/LCG land swap, the UL/OLOL purchase, the contracts to renovate the buildings/build buildings on campus, the Cajundome/LCG Agreement, tuition rates, purchase agreements, lease/rental rates, car purchases for the university police,etc?
    Not on the front end. The public is a check on government, which UL is. Why do you think FOIA exist?

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Not on the front end. The public is a check on government, which UL is. Why do you think FOIA exist?
    After the fact doesn’t include a voice in negotiations. So you are in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Trust the government at all times. Great plan.

Bet youre full vaccinated and 11x boosted
    leave babb out of this

Is that you Brandon? Lol.
    Glad to hear you came around to my way of thinking.
    he sees brandon in the mirror and talks to himself

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    leave babb out of this
    I believe the correct term is “RWB’s imaginary enemy”

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    I believe the correct term is “RWB’s imaginary enemy”
    checks notes: who answered whom in record time. p.s when is vic’s vacation over?

After the fact doesn’t include a voice in negotiations. So you are in agreement.
    Never said they did

8. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Uh no. It’s not. The problem is that you THINK it’s your business.
    I understand what you are saying.

It being their business is being artificially withheld, but it most definitely should be made to feel it is their business.

If the University doesn't figure out a way to make Dan's feel it is their business, "academic" donations will dry up.

Fact: Athletic donors are the biggest academic donors.

9. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

So you’re saying the general public has a voice in the UL/LCG land swap, the UL/OLOL purchase, the contracts to renovate the buildings/build buildings on campus, the Cajundome/LCG Agreement, tuition rates, purchase agreements, lease/rental rates, car purchases for the university police,etc?
    If mismanagement is focal, the endowment stagnates.

Huge voice.

The price tag is what the university and the customer agree on. It’s not anyone’s business what that price is, outside of the university and the customer. SOME people on here seem to think the University is valuing their own property too low. So what? It’s none of their business.
    Ohhhhhh I don't know about this. The university is a public entity that is funded by the taxpayer. Also in athletics, fans are customers. If I go to a baseball game as a RCAF donor/paid customer and I have to be inconvenienced by an event that is held at the same property that has absolutely nothing to do with the university, AND it's allowed by a bad deal; it is DEFINITELY my business. Basically, you're putting the bad deal ahead of the paying customer.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Ohhhhhh I don't know about this. The university is a public entity that is funded by the taxpayer. Also in athletics, fans are customers. If I go to a baseball game as a RCAF donor/paid customer and I have to be inconvenienced by an event that is held at the same property that has absolutely nothing to do with the university, AND it's allowed by a bad deal; it is DEFINITELY my business. Basically, you're putting the bad deal ahead of the paying customer.
    Lord. You are inconvenienced at a baseball game.

Just because the university is a state university and you are a taxpayer doesn’t make you have a voice in government run agencies. So, you think you have the right to have a say in LCG business dealings, the airport commission, education business, the BVD, Highway dealings, etc? They are all government agencies.

Do those dealings actively inconvenience the fan during university sponsored events?

Not saying I should be in the meeting room, but I can definitely say that it's a bad deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I understand what you are saying.

It being their business is being artificially withheld, but it most definitely should be made to feel it is their business.

If the University doesn't figure out a way to make Dan's feel it is their business, "academic" donations will dry up.

Fact: Athletic donors are the biggest academic donors.
    The $303 million raised so far in the campaign includes the two largest gift commitments in University history – $20 million from LHC Group to the College of Nursing and Allied Health Professions and $15 million from Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center for the renovation of Cajun Field. The University received both pledges this year.

14. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

The price tag is what the university and the customer agree on. It’s not anyone’s business what that price is, outside of the university and the customer. SOME people on here seem to think the University is valuing their own property too low. So what? It’s none of their business.
    It’s a public university. So yea, it is our business.

No need to respond though. You’re clearly someone who has something to lose here. You’re either entrenched or actually work for the university.

15. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Lord. You are inconvenienced at a baseball game.

Just because the university is a state university and you are a taxpayer doesn’t make you have a voice in government run agencies. So, you think you have the right to have a say in LCG business dealings, the airport commission, education business, the BVD, Highway dealings, etc? They are all government agencies.
    They have public meetings and hearings for these things.

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information