Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

1. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    Of course.
    So what location or locations are you suggesting they move Mardi Gras, the RV Show, Cajun Heartland State Fair and Tailgating to?

Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    That was the Optimus club and it was for charity. The money was used for projects in the community.
    I know. I was there when Farmer kicked them to the curb. I don’t think the ask was unreasonable either, but a free 50x50 spot on congress for a month was idiotic, I don’t care what charity it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    So what location or locations are you suggesting they move Mardi Gras, the RV Show, Cajun Heartland State Fair and Tailgating to?
    I didn’t say they should move locations. What I did say is the car show could move to its former location

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    I know. I was there when Farmer kicked them to the curb. I don’t think the ask was unreasonable either, but a free 50x50 spot on congress for a month was idiotic, I don’t care what charity it was.
    What was the rental fee for the Optimist Club?

5. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

I didn’t say they should move locations. What I did say is the car show could move to its former location
    Wouldn't your non usage "same stance" suggestion indicate Mardi Gras, the Car Show, the RV Show, Cajun Heartland State Fair and Tailgating could all move as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Wouldn't your non usage "same stance" suggestion indicate Mardi Gras, the Car Show, the RV Show, Cajun Heartland State Fair and Tailgating could all move as well?
    Those are your words. Not mine. But since you seem to have a bone to pick, I’ll play along. Sure.
    They could decide to bring their business somewhere else.

7. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

I suggest we require the purchase of a minimum number of football season tickets with the rental of the parking lot. Mardi Gras association would be required to purchase 200 family packs (5 tickets each) in addition to the rental price. Same thing with the car dealerships. The rental fees are not game changers for our program, getting fans into the stands should be the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    I suggest we require the purchase of a minimum number of football season tickets with the rental of the parking lot. Mardi Gras association would be required to purchase 200 family packs (5 tickets each) in addition to the rental price. Same thing with the car dealerships. The rental fees are not game changers for our program, getting fans into the stands should be the goal.
    That would just create a bunch of empty seats and tickets in a desk drawer somewhere. Need ticket sales to go to people who actually want to use them if we are to create any kind of atmosphere.

Perhaps they could use the former location for the car show before they started using Cajun field
    We were talking about Mardi Gras. You said “they” could use the airport. Your words.

Doesn’t matter. Point remains that Cajun Field is way undervalued here.

Those are your words. Not mine. But since you seem to have a bone to pick, I’ll play along. Sure.
    They could decide to bring their business somewhere else.
    If Cajun field told the SW Mardi Gras Association to bring their business elsewhere they'd be up a creek without a paddle. Their is no elsewhere for what they are wanting to do. UL has the upper hand in that negotiation and can name their price.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    If Cajun field told the SW Mardi Gras Association to bring their business elsewhere they'd be up a creek without a paddle. Their is no elsewhere for what they are wanting to do. UL has the upper hand in that negotiation and can name their price.
    That is a correct and pretty obvious fact. Mind boggling that it is being argued with on here.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    If that is the case, then why don’t they do it?

If that is the case, then why don’t they do it?
    You’re trying to change the conversation.

No one should tell Mardi Gras to go somewhere else. What they should tell them is that Cajun Field rental price is going up. Way up.

Mardi Gras will pay it. The end.

Mardi Gras will pay it. The end.
    This part right here.

What was the rental fee for the Optimist Club?
    I believe it was initially free under Nelson and the fossil. Then Walker had them pay something small, not sure what it was. Once the RCAF parking lot designations came online, we offered to move them to the other side of Cajun Field but they refused, so they got the boot. That’s how I remember at least.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information