Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Wait, you think you have to have "a level of professionalism" to know or talk to people in the positions I described? You think because i wear a hat and t-shirt on a sports show that I can't be connected? You really don't have a clue what you're saying, do you...

Look man, honestly, again, I don't care who you are. It's not really you that I'm fighting against. It's the people that think like you, who continually hold us back from achieving our potential as a University and an Athletics program.

But you did come after me, specifically. You attacked the pod, you told people on this board with real contracts in their possession that they made up the numbers, you told us we didn't know what we're talking about, on and on.. So unfortunately, I'm forced to expose you. It's nothing personal. I never threw the first punch. You did this to yourself. And when I find out (and I always do - one way or the other), lawd hab mercy will it be glorious...
    Remember the fun me and you had when I called you and told you who the other guy was. Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    I’m not convinced it’s really a BIL deal. Nobody has given me a FMV estimate. I’m talking solely about Mardi Gras.
    In this case, I think the FMV would be the maximum that the university could charge before Mardi Gras would refuse to agree to that deal.

And no one knows what that is. Because I don’t think we’re anywhere close.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    In this case, I think the FMV would be the maximum that the university could charge before Mardi Gras would refuse to agree to that deal.

And no one knows what that is. Because I don’t think we’re anywhere close.
    So yet another non responsive response. Put a number on it. Everyone here is _____ing about it being too low. What’s it supposed to be?

It’s a 5 day festival if I’m not mistaken. Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. They paid $7k a day. What should it have been?

So yet another non responsive response. Put a number on it. Everyone here is _____ing about it being too low. What’s it supposed to be?

It’s a 5 day festival if I’m not mistaken. Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. They paid $7k a day. What should it have been?
    Start somewhere. 10x that. See what happens.

5. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

So to redirect the subject from the trolling, can anyone tell me what they think fair market value rental of CF parking lot is for five event days?
    I think it's worth what the Mardi Gras Association is charging.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I think it's worth what the Mardi Gras Association is charging.
    Another non response

7. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Another non response
    Only a non response if someone lost track of the overall thread.

You presented specifics on what the Mardi Gras Association is charging.

I said UL should run their own show as part of Hospitality Management and make a donation to the Mardi Gras Association.

So, I think fair market value rental of a Cajun Field parking lot is what the Mardi Gras Association is charging. I just think UL should be the one doing the charging.

I fully expect to see a MG float next year cancelling Ragin Pagin...

Only a non response if someone lost track of the overall thread.

You presented specifics on what the Mardi Gras Association is charging.

I said UL should run their own show as part of Hospitality Management and make a donation to the Mardi Gras Association.

So, I think fair market value rental of a Cajun Field parking lot is what the Mardi Gras Association is charging. I just think UL should be the one doing the charging.
    But they don’t, nor have they. The association accepts the risk, both from a liability standpoint and financial standpoint. There’s been years in the past where Mardi Gras has been terrible due to weather. I don’t know if I would want the university to accept that risk, or even put resources towards putting on a festival.

Using your logic, any function that uses university property could pretty much be done by the university, so why rent space out?

10. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

But they don’t, nor have they. The association accepts the risk, both from a liability standpoint and financial standpoint. There’s been years in the past where Mardi Gras has been terrible due to weather. I don’t know if I would want the university to accept that risk, or even put resources towards putting on a festival.

Using your logic, any function that uses university property could pretty much be done by the university, so why rent space out?
    Unless one thinks "work" rhymes with "liability" that is not my logic.

The university accepts the type of liability on topic every home football game.

My logic is quit out sourcing every single function that resembles work, especially when you are giving away money.

If the positive financials dictate, I have no problem with out sourcing or renting properties.

I am saying what the MGA is charging is fair market value. (that answered your question) what the university is charging the MGA is not fair market value.

Having said that, it is very hard to constrict an allowance, once given freely.

Unless one thinks "work" rhymes with "liability" that is not my logic.

The university accepts the type of liability on topic every home football game.

My logic is quit out sourcing every single function that resembles work, especially when you are giving away money.

If the positive financials dictate, I have no problem with out sourcing or renting properties.

I am saying what the MGA is charging is fair market value. (that answered your question) what the university is charging the MGA is not fair market value.

Having said that, it is very hard to constrict an allowance, once given freely.
    It’s not outsourcing if you never even sourced it in the first place.

You can’t tell me what the fair charges (which would be revenue, not profit), so you can’t tell me what FMV is. Understood. To simply say “what the fair charges” ignores all expenses.

For the longest time this board has complained about the MG association screwing the university. The original thought was UL was getting paid 10-15k, which is true but ignores the 5 percent. I get curious, get the contracts, and throw out legit numbers. And all I hear is “we are getting screwed” (paraphrasing, probably). Yet nobody can tell me what they think FMV is.

12. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

It’s not outsourcing if you never even sourced it in the first place.

You can’t tell me what the fair charges (which would be revenue, not profit), so you can’t tell me what FMV is. Understood. To simply say “what the fair charges” ignores all expenses.

For the longest time this board has complained about the MG association screwing the university. The original thought was UL was getting paid 10-15k, which is true but ignores the 5 percent. I get curious, get the contracts, and throw out legit numbers. And all I hear is “we are getting screwed” (paraphrasing, probably). Yet nobody can tell me what they think FMV is.
    ~$0.13 per sq ft rental is not FMV. That I can tell you. A heady negotiator can attach a rider that guarantees a fair payout, even in the event of substandard weather in MGs case, or royalty per vehicle in CS case. You're not including in your FMV assessment the mountain of free advertising in the most visible area in Lafayette, LA. I forget the number reported by the Cronkie study, but IIRC, 160k cars a day at the corner of Bertrand & Congress. You can't buy that kind of exposure for these dealers. You can't buy that kind of ease of access, including parking, RV/Camper space and visibility for the MG festivities. Specific to the car show, not only do they make an ass load on that event, they then turnaround and give lease cars to the coaches. More advertising. They then turnaround and sell those program vehicles to the public and have the selling tool of "Hey, Billy Napier drove this truck. Hud drove this truck." The revenue is layered in the case of the Car Show. Also have to consider depreciation of property when talking about MG events. Who is paying to fix the pot holes? Who is paying for the electricity? Who is paying for the wear and tear on facilities? It goes beyond FMV and numbers on a contract.

~$0.13 per sq ft rental is not FMV. That I can tell you.
    Again, what is the FMV?

Also, I do believe all electricity is the associations responsibility

14. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Typically, comparison shopping would be the very first step in determining that. In this case, FMV is an ambiguous indicator. There is only one other comparable venue, and really, the similarities are few. Moncus Park has no parking - CF has ample parking. Moncus Park has no RV hookups (that I know of) - CF has plenty. Moncus Park has limited entertainment (music) capabilities - CF can accommodate anything. Moncus Park has limited entry/exit points - CF has many more.

There is no other venue like CF. Therefore, you have scarcity of product in your favor. You can literally set the price. The University has all the cards.

I still think it would be interesting to ask the event planners at Moncus Park what it would cost to rent out the property (same area discussed at CF) for the week. I can guarantee it would not be close to what CF is charging.

Typically, comparison shopping would be the very first step in determining that. In this case, FMV is an ambiguous indicator. There is only one other comparable venue, and really, the similarities are few. Moncus Park has no parking - CF has ample parking. Moncus Park has no RV hookups (that I know of) - CF has plenty. Moncus Park has limited entertainment (music) capabilities - CF can accommodate anything. Moncus Park has limited entry/exit points - CF has many more.

There is no other venue like CF. Therefore, you have scarcity of product in your favor. You can literally set the price. The University has all the cards.
    One game I used to play with broadcast rates was to call other stations, 5 markets larger and 5 markets small to get a grip on if what we were asking was in line...Same applies here, I think looking outside the market, to LC, BR, Beaumont, Miss Gulf Coast for similar events in similar settings. Maybe South Alabama...Maybe App State, see what they charge Luke Combs and Darious Rucker for the use of the Rock...got to get a handle on apples to apples...

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread Information