Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

1. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    The $303 million raised so far in the campaign includes the two largest gift commitments in University history – $20 million from LHC Group to the College of Nursing and Allied Health Professions and $15 million from Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center for the renovation of Cajun Field. The University received both pledges this year.
    My point exactly.

If a donation can result in a name on a stadium, expectant (donating and paying) fans are not out of line to expect stats on a "score board."

Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    More concerned about how the man got public information than making money for the university.

Clown.
    I wouldn’t think that the university would make money it receives from lease/rental agreements as public record, but I could be wrong.

3. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

I wouldn’t think that the university would make money it receives from lease/rental agreements as public record, but I could be wrong.
    You’ve been wrong this entire discussion. So let’s go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Yea, we do have the right to a say in LCG business dealings. Which is why we have city council meetings. I guess we should just bury our heads in the sand when our mayor president’s wife starts up an equipment rental company and hands out millions of dollars to a single contractor with no-bid contracts.

Just government agencies doing government business.

You’re dying on a weird hill.
    Question. Does Savoie have to consult with you when an update version of the mainframe computer system was needed? The hiring of faculty? Coaches salaries? Just asking.

5. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Question. Does Savoie have to consult with you when an update version of the mainframe computer system was needed? The hiring of faculty? Coaches salaries? Just asking.
    Give away post.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    You’ve been wrong this entire discussion. So let’s go with that.
    Right. I take it you didn’t have that meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You inconvenience belittling aside, athletics is different and you know it.

So your side tangents are interesting facts but have nothing to do with athletics.
    Turbine. You know the university is more than just athletics.

8. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Another unrelated tangent.

Athletics is different and you know it.

9. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Turbine. You know the university is more than just athletics.
    Might as well bring in if Savoie has to ask fans if he can eat lunch.

Athletics is the front porch and gets investor input that no other part of the university gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Might as well bring in if Savoie has to ask fans if he can eat lunch.

Athletics is the front porch and gets investor input that no other part of the university gets.
    That’s pretty much the point I’m making. While athletics does have a very important role, it’s not the end all, as I’ve shown the academic side of the university has had the largest donation in the history of the university.

I’m interested in how/where you obtained this information. Care to tell us?
    I made it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    I made it all up.
    I have all of the contracts for this year between the University and the Greater Southwest Louisiana Mardi Gras Association. There is a contract for rental of Blackham and French House exterior, and another contract for rental of Cajun Field parking lots.
    The association hasn’t turned in the revenue statement yet but I have requested it be sent to me when it becomes available.

13. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

That’s pretty much the point I’m making. While athletics does have a very important role, it’s not the end all, as I’ve shown the academic side of the university has had the largest donation in the history of the university.
    In the big picture, academics gets nothing without athletics.

The academic endowment would be 10% of what it is without Athletics driving the notoriety.

I have all of the contracts for this year between the University and the Greater Southwest Louisiana Mardi Gras Association. There is a contract for rental of Blackham and French House exterior, and another contract for rental of Cajun Field parking lots.
    The association hasn’t turned in the revenue statement yet but I have requested it be sent to me when it becomes available.
    Yup made it up.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Yup made it up.
    Okay.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information