Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 4, McNeese 5

Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 4, McNeese 5

I like the way this team attacks bullpens. That is a VERY good thing.

Team kind of slept walked through the first 2/3 of the game, and has done that a couple times now.

But like Deggs teams do, they attack the guys that come right at you. And being good against bullpens mean you’re always in the game.

Let’s not forget that guys are still working into their roles. They’ve played less than 10 games to this point. I’ll be interested to see a few things this weekend. One, is Rocco getting going? It seemed like he may be tonight. Two, how will the starting pitching lineup for a true weekend series, and how do they perform against a quality opponent?

This team is capable of big things if a group of 7 or 8 pitchers can find some consistency with their command. The stuff is there.

And how will the lineup shake out? There’s obviously a handful of guys that will be in the lineup all year (barring injury). Those other 3-4 spots are still very much up in the air and are waiting for guys to grab the bull by the horns and solidify themselves in those spots.

Good start so far, but a LONG way to go. I think this team has a chance to be one that makes the Cajun faithful proud once things all work themselves out.

Default Re: Baseball 2/28/23

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    And never lose to Mcneese in anything.
    I've got news for you. There's going to be times where baseball, softball, track & field, cross country and soccer lose to McNeese.

Default Re: Baseball 2/28/23

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I've got news for you. There's going to be times where baseball, softball, track & field, cross country and soccer lose to McNeese.
    And football. I’ve witnessed it

We can burry the loss tonight with 2 or 3 wins this weekend. Hopefully we learned a few things tonight. We have a good baseball team to play this weekend

Yeah, it’s baseball. The last true game and we play it well in the south. Lots of talent in Louisiana.

Did McNeese put our correct batting averages up and it affect our stance at that plate?

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Did McNeese put our correct batting averages up and it affect our stance at that plate?
    Idk but what did affect us was the flag blowing strait out for 6 innings. Trying to hit it all the way to the interstate.

I realize it's way early but you can't s---t the bed like we did last night to a barely decent team like McNeese [aka Ryan St High School by some on this board]. . I also realize this is baseball but to do that after taking 4 straight from a pretty BYU team is frustrating. Meanwhile La. tech [or LaTurd as some of you call them] goes on the road and beats Ole Miss who I believe is a top 5 ranked team. Nice signature win for the "Necksters". Maybe we need to quit making fun of other state schools until we consistently beat their azz. We hardly own either one in baseball lately that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    I realize it's way early but you can't s---t the bed like we did last night to a barely decent team like McNeese [aka Ryan St High School by some on this board]. . I also realize this is baseball but to do that after taking 4 straight from a pretty BYU team is frustrating. Meanwhile La. tech [or LaTurd as some of you call them] goes on the road and beats Ole Miss who I believe is a top 5 ranked team. Nice signature win for the "Necksters". Maybe we need to quit making fun of other state schools until we consistently beat their azz. We hardly own either one in baseball lately that's for sure.
    La Tech also split with BYU, who the Cajuns swept. They also dropped a game to Nicholls, who lost a game each to Lindenwood (2-6 / never heard of them). It's one game early in the season. No need to over hype any wins or losses at this point.

10. Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 4, McNeese 5

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    The only thing I'm really ____ed about is taking the bat out of Hood's hands with a chance to tie the game in the 9th. I thought that was unnecessary and silly.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The only thing I'm really ____ed about is taking the bat out of Hood's hands with a chance to tie the game in the 9th. I thought that was unnecessary and silly.
    I would agree with that. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

I didn’t get to listen. Who’s hands did he put it in, in the place of Hood?

13. Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 4, McNeese 5

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I didn’t get to listen. Who’s hands did he put it in, in the place of Hood?
    DeBo read ball in the dirt and broke for 3rd base with Hood standing in the box. 2 outs with a man in scoring position, I would hope our players are coached up to be aware of the situation. You gain almost nothing by taking 3rd right there. Runner would have been going on contact.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    La Tech also split with BYU, who the Cajuns swept. They also dropped a game to Nicholls, who lost a game each to Lindenwood (2-6 / never heard of them). It's one game early in the season. No need to over hype any wins or losses at this point.
    Who you comparing Tech to?

I bet the guys had trouble getting pumped up for the game without getting to hear their favorite warm-up song: https://youtu.be/fWKA9Zi5-_Y

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information