Thread: Meghan Schorman Claims Sun Belt Softball Pitcher of the Week

1. UL Softball Meghan Schorman Claims Sun Belt Softball Pitcher of the Week

Following two wins over nationally ranked foes on the road, highlighted by a no-hitter thrown against No. 25 UCF, Meghan Schorman was named the Sun Belt Conference Softball Pitcher of the Week for Week 3 of the season on Tuesday, February 28, the conference office announced.

Default Re: Meghan Schorman Claims Sun Belt Softball Pitcher of the Week

Well deserved.

Default Re: Meghan Schorman Claims Sun Belt Softball Pitcher of the Week

Way to go Meghan!

4. Default Re: Meghan Schorman Claims Sun Belt Softball Pitcher of the Week

Meghan will win a lot of games for the team in her final year. She is becoming "elite". Would Justin R. be the reason for the improvement? She also seems to have a lot of confidence and is a real fighter. Doesn't quit. Geaux Meghan! Congratulations!

5. Default Re: Meghan Schorman Claims Sun Belt Softball Pitcher of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by Looney Lou View Post
    Meghan will win a lot of games for the team in her final year. She is becoming "elite". Would Justin R. be the reason for the improvement? She also seems to have a lot of confidence and is a real fighter. Doesn't quit. Geaux Meghan! Congratulations!
    There is a big difference between "ELITE" and top end pitcher. I think Meghan is a top end pitcher for us, but only a few Cajun pitchers have been considered elite. Softball is different from baseball in that way, one dominant pitcher in softball can be the difference between a good and a great team. We have had some really good pitchers recently, but we have not had a dominant one for a little while.

I do believe Meghan is the top line starter for the Cajuns and will win us a ton of games, but I think we are that elite/dominant pitcher away from being a WCWS team.

6. Default Re: Meghan Schorman Claims Sun Belt Softball Pitcher of the Week

What are the odds of getting to the WCWS with FOUR dominant pitchers? I speak of Meghan, Karly Heath, Sam Landry and Chloe Riassetto. Do you think all four could equal to ONE elite pitcher?

7. Default Re: Meghan Schorman Claims Sun Belt Softball Pitcher of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by Looney Lou View Post
    What are the odds of getting to the WCWS with FOUR dominant pitchers? I speak of Meghan, Karly Heath, Sam Landry and Chloe Riassetto. Do you think all four could equal to ONE elite pitcher?
    It's tough to get the WCWS without at least one dominant pitcher, not impossible, but extremely difficult.

4 is not = to 1. 4 good is not better than 1 great.

8. Default Re: Meghan Schorman Claims Sun Belt Softball Pitcher of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    It's tough to get the WCWS without at least one dominant pitcher, not impossible, but extremely difficult.

4 is not = to 1. 4 good is not better than 1 great.
    I agree, it’s not like the elite teams don’t have one or two elite and a couple top flight pitchers. So now you’re dealing with luck and bad luck. But let’s just be patient and enjoy the ride.

Thread Information