Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard at the Tigue

Default Re: Scoreboard at the Tigue

It was a bad design regardless. Should have tinted glass and that's where the stadium club should have been. Concessions on the upper concourse. Everyone still gets a view while waiting for concessions.

Tinted glass could still be adding to block the horrible concourse/concession view

2. Default Re: Scoreboard at the Tigue

Most immersive experience in baseball.

It's a feature for those AT the game.

Sorry if those who couldn't be bothered to leave their couch have trouble concentrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Most immersive experience in baseball.

It's a feature for those AT the game.

Sorry if those who couldn't be bothered to leave their couch have trouble concentrating.
    I thought the seats in the stadium is where you would want people watching the game, not hanging out in the concessions area.
    What a unique ‘feature’ it is. Kudos to the ‘we ran out of money’ feature.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    I thought the seats in the stadium is where you would want people watching the game, not hanging out in the concessions area.
    It’s a great feature, anytime you can have that behind catcher perspective even if just for an at bat or two waiting in line keeps the fan immersed in the game, not to mention opposing pitchers having to get used to it. I personally think it’s great.

5. Default Re: Scoreboard at the Tigue

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    It’s a great feature, anytime you can have that behind catcher perspective even if just for an at bat or two waiting in line keeps the fan immersed in the game, not to mention opposing pitchers having to get used to it. I personally think it’s great.
    …The glass idea sounds great if the TV can’t see the concessions and the fans can see from the food/drink stands! Wondering how wide the angle would be for the camera!

Or, without it, you would have fans wanting to get back to their seats to watch the game.
    I think our own pitchers, 2nd baseman, shortstop and centerfielder would rather not have the gaping hold as a backdrop.

It also lets air flow thru the area, allows more premium seats, and gives scouts a great view.

8. Default Re: Scoreboard at the Tigue

Wall or no wall, they get back to their seats in exactly the same amount of time. . . . (Price of concessions)

Not missing a moment of the game. . . (Priceless)

9. Default Re: Scoreboard at the Tigue

Or, without it, you would have fans wanting to get back to their seats to watch the game.
    I think our own pitchers, 2nd baseman, shortstop and centerfielder would rather not have the gaping hold as a backdrop.
    You description is getting more flamboyant with every denial of entertainment.

Wall or no wall, they get back to their seats in exactly the same amount of time. . . . (Price of concessions)

Well to be fair I’ll stand to the side and watch an at bat or two. Gives my kid an idea how hard these guys are throwing and the movement compared to the view from the peasant seats.

Ever heard of home field advantage? You get used to certain things when it’s your field.

Uh nooooo. With a wall, the patron would make their way back to their seats. Without a wall, they can hangout in the concessions area.

Ever heard of home field advantage? You get used to certain things when it’s your field.
    I’ve heard of it, but how is it an advantage when both teams players have the same grandstand view from the field?

14. Default Re: Scoreboard at the Tigue

Uh nooooo. With a wall, the patron would make their way back to their seats. Without a wall, they can hangout in the concessions area.
    It's not glue view, it's a stay in the game view.

Concessions is a varied length pitstop, but seating still holds sway.

It's not glue view, it's a stay in the game view.

Concessions is a varied length pitstop, but seating still holds sway.
    The in-game view is in your seat. Again, not hanging out in the concession area. As much as you try to justify the hole in the grandstand, there are just not any excuses for it.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information