Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: SB Final: Louisiana 2, UCLA 3

Default Re: Softball today 2/19

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsSball22 View Post
    You have no clue, was not a straight steal, hitter missed a sign.
    What was the missed call?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsSball22 View Post
    You have no clue, was not a straight steal, hitter missed a sign.
    Come on 22, you know the RPCA always knows best.

Default Re: SB Final: Louisiana 2, UCLA 3

I just hope we don’t see UL softball disappear similar to what happened to LA Tech women’s basketball nationally. UL softball has always been a contender for the WCWS. We just have not even sniffed a WCWS in years. Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    I just hope we don’t see UL softball disappear similar to what happened to LA Tech women’s basketball nationally. UL softball has always been a contender for the WCWS. We just have not even sniffed a WCWS in years. Geaux Cajuns!
    I understand the frustration. But losing a 1-run game to #4 Arkansas and a 1-run game to #2 UCLA should not send alarm bells to the point of La Tech women’s hoops.

There’s a major reason La Tech women’s hoops is where it is now. Power 5 schools decided/were forced to put money into it.

Same thing, granted on a little smaller scale, happened to softball. And yet UL remains a top 25 program.

A bad weekend in February does not dismiss this team nor the program. WCWS appearances will be hard to come by for 98% of SB programs.

We will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Big difference. We still compete nationally. La Tech doesn't. We have facilities to recruit to. La Tech doesn't. We pour massive resources for an overall mid-major program. La Tech doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    This loss is pretty much totally on Glasco. Trying to steal 3rd with 2 outs after scoring 3 runs, and pulling Sam when they couldn't hit her was head scratching.
    The right fielder threw the ball over third base instead of hitting the cutoff in the top of the 7th, allowing the go ahead run to score with two outs. The next batter flies out.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Nothing about this is hindsight. The second the move was made I thought it was a bad decision. They couldn’t touch Sam. Absolutely NO reason to pull her. I would really like to hear the reasoning and I hope we get the answer. These games matter and we’re about to leave this tournament with only 1 win against an unranked team.
    Justin did not make the decision to pull Sam. I'm going to guess because Schorman was so good in relief the game before that he thought it would be a good move. You can make that decision. Just saying it wasn't Justin's decision.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Justin did not make the decision to pull Sam. I'm going to guess because Schorman was so good in relief the game before that he thought it would be a good move. You can make that decision. Just saying it wasn't Justin's decision.
    At first I thought that was a terrible decision, but Sam had trouble hitting the strike zone in her outings this weekend. None of our pitchers seemed mentally intact. So I somewhat understand now

Also how do we know if they may make decisions based on getting situational experience for certain players vs certain opponents, and dont always have a win at all cost approach this early, not saying thats right or wrong just that it is possible

I would however be interested in more information (maybe from a host of coach's show to ask) about what steps are involved for a baseball pitcher to become a softball pitching coach

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    I would however be interested in more information (maybe from a host of coach's show to ask) about what steps are involved for a baseball pitcher to become a softball pitching coach
    Not this again

Defense let the pitchers down in more than a few cases this weekend.

Same consistent problem as last year, where’s the WCWS caliber pitchers it takes to get there?

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I was surprised that Sam was pulled but I understood the thinking. It’s a decision that just didn’t work. The youth was served this weekend and we can use that as a positive moving forward. These are the coaching moments that you hope to expose early in the year when you make this schedule. Now moving forward if they do make the needed corrections we will be extremely solid for the playoffs. Would have been great to knock off UCLA but they now know they belong.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    I dont know exactly what they are but i sure like how he has handled them this year. Pitch calling, pitch location…has Tony Robicheaux written all over it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information